Bryce Harper To Undergo Surgery; Out for Two Months
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 9:23 AM EST
Washington Nationals slugger Bryce Harper is set to undergo surgery on Tuesday to fix a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb, according to a source close to situation.
"Bryce Harper will undergo surgery Tuesday to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb and is expected to be out until at least early July, according to sources," via Real GM.
Harper, who is hitting .289/.352/.422 with one home run and 9 RBIs this season, will likely be out until early July to give more time to rehabilitate his surgery repaired thumb. Harper suffered the injury in the game against the San Diego Padres.
"I slid into the bag and I caught it a little bit," Harper said via ESPN. "Went into the dugout, swung a couple in the cage, felt fine. Went out to the outfield, it swelled up a little bit. ... So I got in and got some treatment on it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy