NBA News: Argentine star Andres Nacioni Plans To Make NBA Comeback
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 8:33 AM EST
Argentine and former Chicago Bulls player Andres Nacioni is planning to make a return trip in the NBA next season after spending the last two seasons in Europe, according to a reliable source on Tuesday.
Nacioni, who averaged 14.3 points and 5.4 rebounds in 25.8 minutes per game for Spain's Laboral Kuxta Baskonia, has been drawing interest from multiple teams, according to KC Johnson of Chicago Tribune.
The 34-year old Nacioni used to average at least 14 points through his four seasons with the Bulls, but he's nevertheless open to assume a lesser role for an NBA team.
"Europe is a great, great place to play basketball," Nocioni said. "I came back here because I sat on the bench a lot in Philly and that was frustrating for me because all my life I have played. But my situation has changed a little bit. I don't need to play as many minutes. I'm too old. So maybe I go to the NBA and try to enjoy a good organization and try to help young guys and the team to win games.
"I think about playing more like a veteran helping with fewer minutes and more experience. But I have no decision now. I'm not thinking long-term."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More