NBA News: Argentine star Andres Nacioni Plans To Make NBA Comeback
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 8:33 AM EST
Argentine and former Chicago Bulls player Andres Nacioni is planning to make a return trip in the NBA next season after spending the last two seasons in Europe, according to a reliable source on Tuesday.
Nacioni, who averaged 14.3 points and 5.4 rebounds in 25.8 minutes per game for Spain's Laboral Kuxta Baskonia, has been drawing interest from multiple teams, according to KC Johnson of Chicago Tribune.
The 34-year old Nacioni used to average at least 14 points through his four seasons with the Bulls, but he's nevertheless open to assume a lesser role for an NBA team.
"Europe is a great, great place to play basketball," Nocioni said. "I came back here because I sat on the bench a lot in Philly and that was frustrating for me because all my life I have played. But my situation has changed a little bit. I don't need to play as many minutes. I'm too old. So maybe I go to the NBA and try to enjoy a good organization and try to help young guys and the team to win games.
"I think about playing more like a veteran helping with fewer minutes and more experience. But I have no decision now. I'm not thinking long-term."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change