NBA Rumors: Bobcats To Trade For Aaron Afflalo, Jameer Nelson
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 8:30 AM EST
The Charlotte Bobcats are planning to make some bold move, just a day after they were swept by the Miami Heat. According to latest report, Michael Jordan's team is negotiating with the Orlando Magic for a trade that would get them Aaron Afflalo and Jameer Nelson.
ESPN NBA insider Marc Stein reported the Bobcats' desire to get Afflalo and Nelson in a trade that could happen before the NBA Draft.
"The Charlotte Bobcats will target Arron Afflalo and Jameer Nelson in a potential trade. Steve Clifford is believed to be fond of Afflalo and Nelson," according to NBA Real GM.
The 32-year old Nelson averaged 12.1 points, 7.0 assists and 3.4 rebounds per game, while the 28-year old Afflalo produced a career-high 18.2 points, 3.4 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game.
Nelson and Afflalo are expected to be trade targets because of their contract situation. Nelson will earn $8 million in the final year of his deal, but he's only guaranteed $2 million if he was waived by July 25. On the other hand, Afflalo is valued $7.5 million next season and has a players option worth the same amount for the 2015-16 season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510