NBA Rumors: Bobcats To Trade For Aaron Afflalo, Jameer Nelson
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 8:30 AM EST
The Charlotte Bobcats are planning to make some bold move, just a day after they were swept by the Miami Heat. According to latest report, Michael Jordan's team is negotiating with the Orlando Magic for a trade that would get them Aaron Afflalo and Jameer Nelson.
ESPN NBA insider Marc Stein reported the Bobcats' desire to get Afflalo and Nelson in a trade that could happen before the NBA Draft.
"The Charlotte Bobcats will target Arron Afflalo and Jameer Nelson in a potential trade. Steve Clifford is believed to be fond of Afflalo and Nelson," according to NBA Real GM.
The 32-year old Nelson averaged 12.1 points, 7.0 assists and 3.4 rebounds per game, while the 28-year old Afflalo produced a career-high 18.2 points, 3.4 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game.
Nelson and Afflalo are expected to be trade targets because of their contract situation. Nelson will earn $8 million in the final year of his deal, but he's only guaranteed $2 million if he was waived by July 25. On the other hand, Afflalo is valued $7.5 million next season and has a players option worth the same amount for the 2015-16 season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance