‘How I Met Your Mother’ Finale: Deleted Funeral Scene [PHOTOS]
April 30, 2014 7:48 AM EST
‘How I Met Your Mother’ Finale: Deleted Scenes [PHOTOS]
A month after its epic finale, fans of CBS "How I Met Your Mother" are still talking about the show's buzz-worthy ending. But according to HIMYM star Alyson Hannigan the show's ending could have been even more moving and tear-jerking if it was not deleted in the show's final episode.
According to the actress the deleted scene is a short montage of Ted's wife's funeral and the show's executive producer decided not to include it for it would be too emotional for the audience. And this could be the reason why series creator Craig Thomas and Carter Bays announced on Twitter that the has an alternative ending.
The crucial scene that Hannigan was talking about could be include on "How I Met Your Mother" Season 9 DVD and Series Box Set. Although there is no confirmation whether the scene is included or not, fans can only hope that the deleted scene could give some fans a closure why the finale has to end that way.
Hannigan revealed the gut-wrenching finale during an interview with TVLine at a Los Angeles charity event. "Honestly, if you saw [that] cut, it would be even more heart-wrenching than what the finale was," says the star who plays Lilly Adrin in the show's nine seasons. "They were like, 'No. It's just too gut-wrenching.' And I was like, 'That's what I want. I want my heart ripped out and slammed on the floor and, like, stomped on!'"
The former "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" star also believes that the funeral scene will show Ted mourning for his wife which is a good transition after jumping into Robin's arms. Also the scene could help ease the fan's frustration that the Mother was killed off too quickly after nine years of waiting for her.
"'Oh, [Ted] mourned. He got closure' - and then they'd be happy that [he and Robin] got together," she added in an interview posted in Business Insider. "Rather than be like, 'Oh, wait. She died? What? They're together, huh?' And credits. That's what I think was too fast."
Also during the interview, the 40-year-old actress revealed that HIMYM Season 9 finale was 18 minutes shorter that the original script. This is good news for those who are planning to buy the Season 9 DVD, an 18-minute treat for fans to enjoy the last hurrah of the gang.
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- 'The Expendables 3' Torrent Leak: The Box-Office Numbers to Get Affected
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup