'Game of Thrones' Daenerys Targaryen Learns 'How to Train Your Dragon' in Hilarious Meme
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 30, 2014 3:38 AM EST
Daenerys Targaryen played by Emilia Clarke in the hit HBO TV "Game of Thrones" is one of the most loved character in the show. However, the lovely "Mother of Dragons" did not pass the "creative" sight of meme creators, tweaking her picture into a hilarious photograph that immediately spread in social networking sites.
Actress Emilia Clarke attends a news conference for the film "Dom Hemingway" at the 38th Toronto International Film Festival
The meme shows "Game of Thrones'" Daenerys Targaryen looking distraught in front of a television while holding a DVD of the animated film "How to Train your Dragon." Since Daenerys is guiding her three dragons in the series, it make sense that the movie is a recommended watch for her. Fans of the HBO series as well as those who were able to watch the animated film can relate to the joke, laughing heartily as posted in their tweets.
— 9GAG (@9GAG) April 28, 2014
The meme continues to spread in the social media, nearly reaching a thousand retweets in Twitter as of this writing. In Facebook, the post is receiving thousands of reshares with more than 62,000 likes.
In the Season 4 of "Game of Thrones" series, Daenerys Targaryen's role has been fiercer than ever. With bigger dragons at her disposal, she is definitely a character to follow in the show.
Meanwhile, the real Daenerys, actress Emilia Clarke, recently graced the May cover of Marie Claire magazine alongside other breakout actresses like Lupita Nyong'o and Elizabeth Olsen. Being named as the "Most Desirable Woman of 2014" by Askmen and receiving chunkier projects this year did not make Clarke less humble, rather she continues to be in her down-to-earth self like her parents.
In the interview with the magazine, Emilia Clarke shares a funny conversation with her parents regarding the "Mother of Dragons" (MOD) necklace she received as gift from "Game of Thrones" writers. When her father checked the necklace with the MOD initials, he reportedly asked her "Why on earth have you got 'Ministry of Defense' 'round your neck?"
The British actress shines her brightest being "Khaleesi," but "Game of Thrones" is not only the project she is currently working as of the moment. Emilia Clark will play Sarah Connor in the 2015 film "Terminator: Genesis" which is already under filming status.
Catch Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen in "Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire" in HBO.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier