'Game of Thrones' Daenerys Targaryen Learns 'How to Train Your Dragon' in Hilarious Meme
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 30, 2014 3:38 AM EST
Daenerys Targaryen played by Emilia Clarke in the hit HBO TV "Game of Thrones" is one of the most loved character in the show. However, the lovely "Mother of Dragons" did not pass the "creative" sight of meme creators, tweaking her picture into a hilarious photograph that immediately spread in social networking sites.
Actress Emilia Clarke attends a news conference for the film "Dom Hemingway" at the 38th Toronto International Film Festival
The meme shows "Game of Thrones'" Daenerys Targaryen looking distraught in front of a television while holding a DVD of the animated film "How to Train your Dragon." Since Daenerys is guiding her three dragons in the series, it make sense that the movie is a recommended watch for her. Fans of the HBO series as well as those who were able to watch the animated film can relate to the joke, laughing heartily as posted in their tweets.
— 9GAG (@9GAG) April 28, 2014
The meme continues to spread in the social media, nearly reaching a thousand retweets in Twitter as of this writing. In Facebook, the post is receiving thousands of reshares with more than 62,000 likes.
In the Season 4 of "Game of Thrones" series, Daenerys Targaryen's role has been fiercer than ever. With bigger dragons at her disposal, she is definitely a character to follow in the show.
Meanwhile, the real Daenerys, actress Emilia Clarke, recently graced the May cover of Marie Claire magazine alongside other breakout actresses like Lupita Nyong'o and Elizabeth Olsen. Being named as the "Most Desirable Woman of 2014" by Askmen and receiving chunkier projects this year did not make Clarke less humble, rather she continues to be in her down-to-earth self like her parents.
In the interview with the magazine, Emilia Clarke shares a funny conversation with her parents regarding the "Mother of Dragons" (MOD) necklace she received as gift from "Game of Thrones" writers. When her father checked the necklace with the MOD initials, he reportedly asked her "Why on earth have you got 'Ministry of Defense' 'round your neck?"
The British actress shines her brightest being "Khaleesi," but "Game of Thrones" is not only the project she is currently working as of the moment. Emilia Clark will play Sarah Connor in the 2015 film "Terminator: Genesis" which is already under filming status.
Catch Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen in "Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire" in HBO.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed