Watch Champions League Semifinal Second Leg: Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | April 30, 2014 3:35 AM EST
It was possession vs counter-attack in the first leg of the Champions League semifinal between Bayern Munich and Real Madrid. And the second leg promises to be pretty much the same, with Bayern looking to penetrate the Real wall, while the Spanish champions will look to kill off the tie with a quick counter or two.
Where to Watch Live:
The game is scheduled for an 8.45 local time (7.45 pm BST, 12.15 am IST, 2.45 pm ET) start with live coverage on Ten Action, Ten Sports and Ten HD in India, ITV in the UK and Fox Sports in US.
The second leg can be watched via live streaming online in India HERE. Catch the action in the US live online HERE, while Germany viewers can live stream the match HERE, with audience in Canada able to live stream the action HERE. Catch the quarterfinal in the UK HERE or HERE, with Middle East and North Africa viewers able to live stream the action HERE, while South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa viewers can go HERE. The game can be live streamed in Latin America HERE, while viewers in Australia can go HERE.
The impressive 1-0 win in the first leg puts Real Madrid very much in the driver's seat, with the Spanish side more than capable of finding the back of the net at the Allianz Arena owing to their immensely fast and technical players.
Bayern were overwhelmed by the Real defence and midfield in the first leg, with the defending champions hardly able to muster up a shot of note in the entire 90 minutes. The Germans, though, will know they will be a much more potent prospect in front of their own fans, and will be buoyed by the impressive record they hold against Real at home, of nine wins and one draw in ten matches.
"The tension is high, of course," Bayern manager Pep Guardiola said. "We are in the semis and everyone is looking forward to the game. It should be a great atmosphere. Madrid counterattack at pace. If you lose the ball you need to make sure you close down the space and make the defence compact.
"They will seek to defend their advantage for 90 minutes, but I'm not sure how. We were desperate to score an away goal. Now we have to attack even more -- we have no other option. I'm convinced they'll want to play as well."
Guardiola also implored the fans to act as the 12th man to inspire their side to a massive victory over Real. "We cannot do it by ourselves," Guardiola added. "We need the fans, who have been outstanding so far. They can push us towards the final. The team want it, I want it, the fans want it, and together we can achieve it."
Real manager Carlo Ancelotti will ask for more of the same from his side, and if Madrid create even half the chances they managed in the first leg, they will be looking at a final in May and that elusive La Decima.
"We know tomorrow's [Tuesday's] game is going to be very difficult," Ancelotti said. "We are playing against a great team with a small advantage, so we are not that stupid as to think we have already qualified. It's going to be really hard.
"Bayern have their footballing philosophy, but I don't think tactics will be all-important. I actually think the mental side of things will be more important. Formations won't change the overall outcome much.
"We will see two teams with different philosophies because of the players available to them. Our players need space to move and we need to move the ball very quickly. I believe it's better to play fast, attacking football. We have to attack with our defenders. Everyone has a different idea about how it should be played and that's what makes football so beautiful."
Team news: Bayern Munich: Guardiola does not have any new injury concerns, with Thiago Alcantara and Xhewrdan Shaqiri the ones missing out through injury. The manager might make a couple of changes to his starting lineup, with Thomas Muller likely to come in for Mario Mandzukic, while it remains to be seen where Philipp Lahm will play - at right-back to nullify Cristiano Ronaldo's threat, or in midfield where he played in the first leg.
Mario Mandzukic will want to avoid a yellow card as it would mean him missing the final, if Bayern get there.
Real Madrid: Sami Khedira is closing in on a comeback, while Alvaro Arbeloa and Jese Rodriguez remain sidelined. Gareth Bale, Pepe and Karim Benzema were rested at the weekend, but all three will be available for the semifinal clash. The players in danger of missing the final if they receive a yellow are Xabi Alonso, Asier Ilarramendi and Sergio Ramos.
Expected lineups: Bayern Munich: Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba; Martinez; Robben, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Ribery; Muller.
Real Madrid: Casillas; Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao; Di Maria, Alonso, Modric; Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate