Football Transfer Rumors: Real Madrid Signing Lionel Messi is Possible
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 3:05 AM EST
Real Madrid might be already in position to win multiple championships this season, but that is not enough reason for the Spanish powerhouse to add more firepower to their roster. According to Sports Keeda, Madrid could pull off a stunning move this offseason by bringing Lionel Messi to Camp Santiago Bernabeau.
Barcelona forward Lionel Messi will as always be the key player for his team. Reuters
Former Real Madrid star Hugo Sanchez stressed that Barcelona should not be too careless in their contract negotiation with the Argentine superstar, because Spanish football rival Real Madrid could capitalize on their mistakes at any moment.
Sanchez, who played for Los Blancos from 1985 to 1992, believed Real Madrid should be considered a threat alongside Paris Saint Germain and Manchester United to steal arguably the best goal-scorer in the world from Camp Nuo.
"Messi is not feeling valued highly enough by Barcelona with his contract and they must be careful, If Barca are careless, I can see Real Madrid signing him," Sanchez told Bein Sports via Goal.com.
The possibility of Madrid signing Messi to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale is not even remote because of the franchise capability to offer a lucrative deal to the four-time FIFA Player of the Year winner.
Latest Update on Messi's Contract Extension
Barcelona hasn't achieved a significant development in their attempt to lock up Messi for a long-term deal. In the latest report on Football Espana.net, the Argentine gunner reportedly turned down Barca's lates offer of €18 million, and his camp is asking for more money on the table.
"According to Marca, Barcelona have offered the Argentine €18 million, but the Messi camp are pushing for an even bigger sum that would make him the world's most handsomely-paid player," via Bleacher Report.
However, there are insiders predicting Messi would eventually ink a contract extension this week despite their latest demand - which also includes an additional €3 million in bonus money.
"Messi's father and agent Jorge pushing for an additional €3 million in bonuses, Messi's pay packet could yet eclipse that of his rival from Real Madrid," according to Marca via Bleacher Report.
Then again, everything remains a possibility as to the future of Messi. The room for error is becoming tighter for Barcelona. Because of every missed opportunity is an advantage for other teams - including Real Madrid - to take.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29