Football Transfer Rumors: Real Madrid Signing Lionel Messi is Possible
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 3:05 AM EST
Real Madrid might be already in position to win multiple championships this season, but that is not enough reason for the Spanish powerhouse to add more firepower to their roster. According to Sports Keeda, Madrid could pull off a stunning move this offseason by bringing Lionel Messi to Camp Santiago Bernabeau.
Barcelona forward Lionel Messi will as always be the key player for his team. Reuters
Former Real Madrid star Hugo Sanchez stressed that Barcelona should not be too careless in their contract negotiation with the Argentine superstar, because Spanish football rival Real Madrid could capitalize on their mistakes at any moment.
Sanchez, who played for Los Blancos from 1985 to 1992, believed Real Madrid should be considered a threat alongside Paris Saint Germain and Manchester United to steal arguably the best goal-scorer in the world from Camp Nuo.
"Messi is not feeling valued highly enough by Barcelona with his contract and they must be careful, If Barca are careless, I can see Real Madrid signing him," Sanchez told Bein Sports via Goal.com.
The possibility of Madrid signing Messi to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale is not even remote because of the franchise capability to offer a lucrative deal to the four-time FIFA Player of the Year winner.
Latest Update on Messi's Contract Extension
Barcelona hasn't achieved a significant development in their attempt to lock up Messi for a long-term deal. In the latest report on Football Espana.net, the Argentine gunner reportedly turned down Barca's lates offer of €18 million, and his camp is asking for more money on the table.
"According to Marca, Barcelona have offered the Argentine €18 million, but the Messi camp are pushing for an even bigger sum that would make him the world's most handsomely-paid player," via Bleacher Report.
However, there are insiders predicting Messi would eventually ink a contract extension this week despite their latest demand - which also includes an additional €3 million in bonus money.
"Messi's father and agent Jorge pushing for an additional €3 million in bonuses, Messi's pay packet could yet eclipse that of his rival from Real Madrid," according to Marca via Bleacher Report.
Then again, everything remains a possibility as to the future of Messi. The room for error is becoming tighter for Barcelona. Because of every missed opportunity is an advantage for other teams - including Real Madrid - to take.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 US Open: Down Goes Maria Sharapova, BF Grigor Dimitrov Advances
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase