Football Transfer Rumors: Real Madrid Signing Lionel Messi is Possible
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 3:05 AM EST
Real Madrid might be already in position to win multiple championships this season, but that is not enough reason for the Spanish powerhouse to add more firepower to their roster. According to Sports Keeda, Madrid could pull off a stunning move this offseason by bringing Lionel Messi to Camp Santiago Bernabeau.
Barcelona forward Lionel Messi will as always be the key player for his team. Reuters
Former Real Madrid star Hugo Sanchez stressed that Barcelona should not be too careless in their contract negotiation with the Argentine superstar, because Spanish football rival Real Madrid could capitalize on their mistakes at any moment.
Sanchez, who played for Los Blancos from 1985 to 1992, believed Real Madrid should be considered a threat alongside Paris Saint Germain and Manchester United to steal arguably the best goal-scorer in the world from Camp Nuo.
"Messi is not feeling valued highly enough by Barcelona with his contract and they must be careful, If Barca are careless, I can see Real Madrid signing him," Sanchez told Bein Sports via Goal.com.
The possibility of Madrid signing Messi to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale is not even remote because of the franchise capability to offer a lucrative deal to the four-time FIFA Player of the Year winner.
Latest Update on Messi's Contract Extension
Barcelona hasn't achieved a significant development in their attempt to lock up Messi for a long-term deal. In the latest report on Football Espana.net, the Argentine gunner reportedly turned down Barca's lates offer of €18 million, and his camp is asking for more money on the table.
"According to Marca, Barcelona have offered the Argentine €18 million, but the Messi camp are pushing for an even bigger sum that would make him the world's most handsomely-paid player," via Bleacher Report.
However, there are insiders predicting Messi would eventually ink a contract extension this week despite their latest demand - which also includes an additional €3 million in bonus money.
"Messi's father and agent Jorge pushing for an additional €3 million in bonuses, Messi's pay packet could yet eclipse that of his rival from Real Madrid," according to Marca via Bleacher Report.
Then again, everything remains a possibility as to the future of Messi. The room for error is becoming tighter for Barcelona. Because of every missed opportunity is an advantage for other teams - including Real Madrid - to take.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Marcos Maidana Heavily Praised By Mexican Boxing Legends
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Verizon on Nationwide Launch of VoLTE
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine