Football Transfer Rumors: Real Madrid Signing Lionel Messi is Possible
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 3:05 AM EST
Real Madrid might be already in position to win multiple championships this season, but that is not enough reason for the Spanish powerhouse to add more firepower to their roster. According to Sports Keeda, Madrid could pull off a stunning move this offseason by bringing Lionel Messi to Camp Santiago Bernabeau.
Barcelona forward Lionel Messi will as always be the key player for his team. Reuters
Former Real Madrid star Hugo Sanchez stressed that Barcelona should not be too careless in their contract negotiation with the Argentine superstar, because Spanish football rival Real Madrid could capitalize on their mistakes at any moment.
Sanchez, who played for Los Blancos from 1985 to 1992, believed Real Madrid should be considered a threat alongside Paris Saint Germain and Manchester United to steal arguably the best goal-scorer in the world from Camp Nuo.
"Messi is not feeling valued highly enough by Barcelona with his contract and they must be careful, If Barca are careless, I can see Real Madrid signing him," Sanchez told Bein Sports via Goal.com.
The possibility of Madrid signing Messi to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale is not even remote because of the franchise capability to offer a lucrative deal to the four-time FIFA Player of the Year winner.
Latest Update on Messi's Contract Extension
Barcelona hasn't achieved a significant development in their attempt to lock up Messi for a long-term deal. In the latest report on Football Espana.net, the Argentine gunner reportedly turned down Barca's lates offer of €18 million, and his camp is asking for more money on the table.
"According to Marca, Barcelona have offered the Argentine €18 million, but the Messi camp are pushing for an even bigger sum that would make him the world's most handsomely-paid player," via Bleacher Report.
However, there are insiders predicting Messi would eventually ink a contract extension this week despite their latest demand - which also includes an additional €3 million in bonus money.
"Messi's father and agent Jorge pushing for an additional €3 million in bonuses, Messi's pay packet could yet eclipse that of his rival from Real Madrid," according to Marca via Bleacher Report.
Then again, everything remains a possibility as to the future of Messi. The room for error is becoming tighter for Barcelona. Because of every missed opportunity is an advantage for other teams - including Real Madrid - to take.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools