Football Transfer Rumors: Real Madrid Signing Lionel Messi is Possible
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 3:05 AM EST
Real Madrid might be already in position to win multiple championships this season, but that is not enough reason for the Spanish powerhouse to add more firepower to their roster. According to Sports Keeda, Madrid could pull off a stunning move this offseason by bringing Lionel Messi to Camp Santiago Bernabeau.
Barcelona forward Lionel Messi will as always be the key player for his team. Reuters
Former Real Madrid star Hugo Sanchez stressed that Barcelona should not be too careless in their contract negotiation with the Argentine superstar, because Spanish football rival Real Madrid could capitalize on their mistakes at any moment.
Sanchez, who played for Los Blancos from 1985 to 1992, believed Real Madrid should be considered a threat alongside Paris Saint Germain and Manchester United to steal arguably the best goal-scorer in the world from Camp Nuo.
"Messi is not feeling valued highly enough by Barcelona with his contract and they must be careful, If Barca are careless, I can see Real Madrid signing him," Sanchez told Bein Sports via Goal.com.
The possibility of Madrid signing Messi to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale is not even remote because of the franchise capability to offer a lucrative deal to the four-time FIFA Player of the Year winner.
Latest Update on Messi's Contract Extension
Barcelona hasn't achieved a significant development in their attempt to lock up Messi for a long-term deal. In the latest report on Football Espana.net, the Argentine gunner reportedly turned down Barca's lates offer of €18 million, and his camp is asking for more money on the table.
"According to Marca, Barcelona have offered the Argentine €18 million, but the Messi camp are pushing for an even bigger sum that would make him the world's most handsomely-paid player," via Bleacher Report.
However, there are insiders predicting Messi would eventually ink a contract extension this week despite their latest demand - which also includes an additional €3 million in bonus money.
"Messi's father and agent Jorge pushing for an additional €3 million in bonuses, Messi's pay packet could yet eclipse that of his rival from Real Madrid," according to Marca via Bleacher Report.
Then again, everything remains a possibility as to the future of Messi. The room for error is becoming tighter for Barcelona. Because of every missed opportunity is an advantage for other teams - including Real Madrid - to take.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James