Flappy48: The Fusion of Flappy Bird and 2048
By Aditya Bhat | April 29, 2014 11:51 PM EST
The popularity of video games Flappy Bird and 2048 has now resulted in a new game, Flappy48 where elements from both these games are fused.
Players will have to navigate through the gaps provided to collect the numbered square that resembles the ones in 2048. The gameplay and physics of Flappy48 resembles that of Flappy Bird.
Flappy48 is a game developed by Dan Moran.
Players have to combine the squares in multiple of twos. Players will have to navigate through adding it up, else the block will become like a long snake, similar to the old mobile game Snake, where the blocks form a long chain trailing it. And the entire chain has to be passed, via these gaps.
The game has many elements that are similar to the mechanics of Threes, where a players combines the blocks to the multiples of three.
As reported earlier, Flappy Bird reached a high point in gaming history, after it went viral and had to be taken down by its Vietnam-based developer Dong Nguyen, after he found that the game had become too addictive and became a problem for everyone. Like a mom tweeting Nguyen saying her son is not focusing on studies, or the alleged story of an elder brother killing his younger one, because he had higher score than him.
The game was developed by Dan Moran, a student of Computer Science at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario.
"I created Flappy48, it wasn't for a jam, but it was made in less than a day and is a tribute to the massively popular games: Flappy Bird and 2048," Moran wrote on his official website.
The game is free and players need to install Unity Players to access the game.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal