Flappy48: The Fusion of Flappy Bird and 2048
By Aditya Bhat | April 29, 2014 11:51 PM EST
The popularity of video games Flappy Bird and 2048 has now resulted in a new game, Flappy48 where elements from both these games are fused.
Players will have to navigate through the gaps provided to collect the numbered square that resembles the ones in 2048. The gameplay and physics of Flappy48 resembles that of Flappy Bird.
Flappy48 is a game developed by Dan Moran.
Players have to combine the squares in multiple of twos. Players will have to navigate through adding it up, else the block will become like a long snake, similar to the old mobile game Snake, where the blocks form a long chain trailing it. And the entire chain has to be passed, via these gaps.
The game has many elements that are similar to the mechanics of Threes, where a players combines the blocks to the multiples of three.
As reported earlier, Flappy Bird reached a high point in gaming history, after it went viral and had to be taken down by its Vietnam-based developer Dong Nguyen, after he found that the game had become too addictive and became a problem for everyone. Like a mom tweeting Nguyen saying her son is not focusing on studies, or the alleged story of an elder brother killing his younger one, because he had higher score than him.
The game was developed by Dan Moran, a student of Computer Science at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario.
"I created Flappy48, it wasn't for a jam, but it was made in less than a day and is a tribute to the massively popular games: Flappy Bird and 2048," Moran wrote on his official website.
The game is free and players need to install Unity Players to access the game.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar