Flappy48: The Fusion of Flappy Bird and 2048
By Aditya Bhat | April 29, 2014 11:51 PM EST
The popularity of video games Flappy Bird and 2048 has now resulted in a new game, Flappy48 where elements from both these games are fused.
Players will have to navigate through the gaps provided to collect the numbered square that resembles the ones in 2048. The gameplay and physics of Flappy48 resembles that of Flappy Bird.
Flappy48 is a game developed by Dan Moran.
Players have to combine the squares in multiple of twos. Players will have to navigate through adding it up, else the block will become like a long snake, similar to the old mobile game Snake, where the blocks form a long chain trailing it. And the entire chain has to be passed, via these gaps.
The game has many elements that are similar to the mechanics of Threes, where a players combines the blocks to the multiples of three.
As reported earlier, Flappy Bird reached a high point in gaming history, after it went viral and had to be taken down by its Vietnam-based developer Dong Nguyen, after he found that the game had become too addictive and became a problem for everyone. Like a mom tweeting Nguyen saying her son is not focusing on studies, or the alleged story of an elder brother killing his younger one, because he had higher score than him.
The game was developed by Dan Moran, a student of Computer Science at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario.
"I created Flappy48, it wasn't for a jam, but it was made in less than a day and is a tribute to the massively popular games: Flappy Bird and 2048," Moran wrote on his official website.
The game is free and players need to install Unity Players to access the game.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- RiAus TV: Australia’s First Science Channel Launched
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance