Flappy48: The Fusion of Flappy Bird and 2048
By Aditya Bhat | April 29, 2014 11:51 PM EST
The popularity of video games Flappy Bird and 2048 has now resulted in a new game, Flappy48 where elements from both these games are fused.
Players will have to navigate through the gaps provided to collect the numbered square that resembles the ones in 2048. The gameplay and physics of Flappy48 resembles that of Flappy Bird.
Flappy48 is a game developed by Dan Moran.
Players have to combine the squares in multiple of twos. Players will have to navigate through adding it up, else the block will become like a long snake, similar to the old mobile game Snake, where the blocks form a long chain trailing it. And the entire chain has to be passed, via these gaps.
The game has many elements that are similar to the mechanics of Threes, where a players combines the blocks to the multiples of three.
As reported earlier, Flappy Bird reached a high point in gaming history, after it went viral and had to be taken down by its Vietnam-based developer Dong Nguyen, after he found that the game had become too addictive and became a problem for everyone. Like a mom tweeting Nguyen saying her son is not focusing on studies, or the alleged story of an elder brother killing his younger one, because he had higher score than him.
The game was developed by Dan Moran, a student of Computer Science at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario.
"I created Flappy48, it wasn't for a jam, but it was made in less than a day and is a tribute to the massively popular games: Flappy Bird and 2048," Moran wrote on his official website.
The game is free and players need to install Unity Players to access the game.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family