'Game of Thrones' Different Opening Music Covers: Cat, Dog, Violin, and Metal Versions [REVIEW, VIDEOS]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | April 29, 2014 11:20 PM EST
The "Game of Thrones" fame spread like wildfire and had taken over many different platforms. GOT's opening theme song proved to be as popular as the show itself. Fans worldwide created different covers of the show's music that are cute, hilarious, and others worthy of praise.
A dragon statue stands on a red carpet in preparation for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The HBO fantasy epic "Game of Thrones" has been renewed for two more seasons, the premium cable network said on April 8, 2014, two days after the show's season four premiere drew the network's biggest audience in seven years.
The hit Game of Thrones music was composed by Ramin Djawadi. He is a German-Iranian composer who specializes with orchestral music for film and television shows. He is the man behind musical scores for movies "Iron Man", "Pacific Rim", and T.V. series "Prison Break", "Person of Interest" and the most popular "Game of Thrones".
Listed below are the popular theme song covers made by fans that have attracted many views so far.
Jason Yang, renowned composer and violinist for Madonna, MDNA World Tour, covered the GOT song and received much appreciation from viewers. Here Jason Yang majestically plays the violin and makes a "perfect" cover of the theme music.
His video already had 6.8 million views, proving how beautiful Yang's music cover was.
A "Purr" Cover
Fans have loved the show so much that someone involved their beloved feline to cover the song. The song has been taken to a "cute" level as cat "Arya" "meows" to the tune of the GOT opening music. Edited and arranged, the video already has 3.6 million views.
As if dog owners will let cats take all the glory, one fan made a cover with his pug. The video is now closing to 400,000 views.
CREDIT:The Pet Collective/YouTube
There had been many rock-metal inspired covers of the GOT theme song. Shown below are two covers by two different lead guitarists that put a "metal" twist to the song. One has 1.8 million views and the other 800,000. Most rock music lovers appreciate these two covers.
CREDIT: Charlie Parra del Riego/YouTube
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage