'Game of Thrones' Different Opening Music Covers: Cat, Dog, Violin, and Metal Versions [REVIEW, VIDEOS]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | April 29, 2014 11:20 PM EST
The "Game of Thrones" fame spread like wildfire and had taken over many different platforms. GOT's opening theme song proved to be as popular as the show itself. Fans worldwide created different covers of the show's music that are cute, hilarious, and others worthy of praise.
A dragon statue stands on a red carpet in preparation for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The HBO fantasy epic "Game of Thrones" has been renewed for two more seasons, the premium cable network said on April 8, 2014, two days after the show's season four premiere drew the network's biggest audience in seven years.
The hit Game of Thrones music was composed by Ramin Djawadi. He is a German-Iranian composer who specializes with orchestral music for film and television shows. He is the man behind musical scores for movies "Iron Man", "Pacific Rim", and T.V. series "Prison Break", "Person of Interest" and the most popular "Game of Thrones".
Listed below are the popular theme song covers made by fans that have attracted many views so far.
Jason Yang, renowned composer and violinist for Madonna, MDNA World Tour, covered the GOT song and received much appreciation from viewers. Here Jason Yang majestically plays the violin and makes a "perfect" cover of the theme music.
His video already had 6.8 million views, proving how beautiful Yang's music cover was.
A "Purr" Cover
Fans have loved the show so much that someone involved their beloved feline to cover the song. The song has been taken to a "cute" level as cat "Arya" "meows" to the tune of the GOT opening music. Edited and arranged, the video already has 3.6 million views.
As if dog owners will let cats take all the glory, one fan made a cover with his pug. The video is now closing to 400,000 views.
CREDIT:The Pet Collective/YouTube
There had been many rock-metal inspired covers of the GOT theme song. Shown below are two covers by two different lead guitarists that put a "metal" twist to the song. One has 1.8 million views and the other 800,000. Most rock music lovers appreciate these two covers.
CREDIT: Charlie Parra del Riego/YouTube
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2