'Game of Thrones' Different Opening Music Covers: Cat, Dog, Violin, and Metal Versions [REVIEW, VIDEOS]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | April 29, 2014 11:20 PM EST
The "Game of Thrones" fame spread like wildfire and had taken over many different platforms. GOT's opening theme song proved to be as popular as the show itself. Fans worldwide created different covers of the show's music that are cute, hilarious, and others worthy of praise.
A dragon statue stands on a red carpet in preparation for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The HBO fantasy epic "Game of Thrones" has been renewed for two more seasons, the premium cable network said on April 8, 2014, two days after the show's season four premiere drew the network's biggest audience in seven years.
The hit Game of Thrones music was composed by Ramin Djawadi. He is a German-Iranian composer who specializes with orchestral music for film and television shows. He is the man behind musical scores for movies "Iron Man", "Pacific Rim", and T.V. series "Prison Break", "Person of Interest" and the most popular "Game of Thrones".
Listed below are the popular theme song covers made by fans that have attracted many views so far.
Jason Yang, renowned composer and violinist for Madonna, MDNA World Tour, covered the GOT song and received much appreciation from viewers. Here Jason Yang majestically plays the violin and makes a "perfect" cover of the theme music.
His video already had 6.8 million views, proving how beautiful Yang's music cover was.
A "Purr" Cover
Fans have loved the show so much that someone involved their beloved feline to cover the song. The song has been taken to a "cute" level as cat "Arya" "meows" to the tune of the GOT opening music. Edited and arranged, the video already has 3.6 million views.
As if dog owners will let cats take all the glory, one fan made a cover with his pug. The video is now closing to 400,000 views.
CREDIT:The Pet Collective/YouTube
There had been many rock-metal inspired covers of the GOT theme song. Shown below are two covers by two different lead guitarists that put a "metal" twist to the song. One has 1.8 million views and the other 800,000. Most rock music lovers appreciate these two covers.
CREDIT: Charlie Parra del Riego/YouTube
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect