'Game of Thrones' Different Opening Music Covers: Cat, Dog, Violin, and Metal Versions [REVIEW, VIDEOS]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | April 29, 2014 11:20 PM EST
The "Game of Thrones" fame spread like wildfire and had taken over many different platforms. GOT's opening theme song proved to be as popular as the show itself. Fans worldwide created different covers of the show's music that are cute, hilarious, and others worthy of praise.
A dragon statue stands on a red carpet in preparation for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The HBO fantasy epic "Game of Thrones" has been renewed for two more seasons, the premium cable network said on April 8, 2014, two days after the show's season four premiere drew the network's biggest audience in seven years.
The hit Game of Thrones music was composed by Ramin Djawadi. He is a German-Iranian composer who specializes with orchestral music for film and television shows. He is the man behind musical scores for movies "Iron Man", "Pacific Rim", and T.V. series "Prison Break", "Person of Interest" and the most popular "Game of Thrones".
Listed below are the popular theme song covers made by fans that have attracted many views so far.
Jason Yang, renowned composer and violinist for Madonna, MDNA World Tour, covered the GOT song and received much appreciation from viewers. Here Jason Yang majestically plays the violin and makes a "perfect" cover of the theme music.
His video already had 6.8 million views, proving how beautiful Yang's music cover was.
A "Purr" Cover
Fans have loved the show so much that someone involved their beloved feline to cover the song. The song has been taken to a "cute" level as cat "Arya" "meows" to the tune of the GOT opening music. Edited and arranged, the video already has 3.6 million views.
As if dog owners will let cats take all the glory, one fan made a cover with his pug. The video is now closing to 400,000 views.
CREDIT:The Pet Collective/YouTube
There had been many rock-metal inspired covers of the GOT theme song. Shown below are two covers by two different lead guitarists that put a "metal" twist to the song. One has 1.8 million views and the other 800,000. Most rock music lovers appreciate these two covers.
CREDIT: Charlie Parra del Riego/YouTube
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales