Maruti Suzuki Celerio AMT Waiting Period Extended Upto One Year in India ?
By greeshma m | April 29, 2014 9:46 PM EST
The waiting period of Maruti Suzuki's successful small car offering Celerio has reportedly been extended to seven to eight months and beyond in India, due to the scaling demand for the vehicle in the country.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio AMT waiting period extended upto one year?
The car, which earlier had a waiting period of nearly six months, now reportedly has it extended upto one year, forcing many to cancel their bookings, reported Autocar India. According to the report, the takers of the Celerio may have to wait till next year to place their hands on the steering wheels of Maruti's latest car.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio AMT, a radical offering of the country's largest car maker Maruti, garnered 22,000 bookings within 30 days of its launch. The automatic transmission (AMT) model of Celerio is witnessing greater demand in the country, compared to the manual model. The report also noted that the manual Celerio has a waiting period of upto four months.
Unveiled at the Auto Expo 2014 in Noida, Celerio is the first car in India to come with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT). Under the hood, Celerio packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. It is offered in six variants in India - two with automatic transmission and four with manual transmission, and claims a fuel efficiency of 23.1 kilometers for both versions. Like the features offered in Celerio, Maruti's small car is also attractive in terms of pricing.
The car that was originally launched at a starting price of ₹3.90 lakh but is now available at ₹3.76 lakh. The company revised the price of the hatchback in India, after the announcement of a reduction in excise duty by finance minister P Chidambaram. The Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) equipped LXi and VXi variants will now go on sale for ₹4.14 lakh and ₹4.43 lakh respectively, as against ₹4.29 lakh and ₹4.59 lakh quoted previously.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate