Star Wars Day: ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Cast Announcement Rumors; NASA and R2-D2 Promo; ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Tribute
By Aditya Bhat | April 29, 2014 9:17 PM EST
(Update - JJ Abrams has officially revealed his cast for 'Star Wars: Episode 7.' John Boyega from 'Attack the Block,' Daisy Ridley from 'Mr. Selfridge' and Adam Driver from 'Lincoln' will be part of the cast, Collider reported.)
Star Wars Day on 4 May.
As fans are gearing up to celebrate Star Wars Day on 4 May, they can expect some big announcements from JJ Abrams' upcoming movie "Star Wars: Episode 7".
Abrams is known to tightly guard any details leaking from the movie. But rumors have hinted on story elements that are similar to that of Expanded Universe (EU), which has been confirmed to be rebooted in the new trilogy, Screen Rant reported.
There has been no official information on the new Star Wars trilogy. However, all this might change as an announcement is expected from Disney, who now own the rights of the entire franchise after buying it from George Lucas in 2012.
Disney is expected to release this information in May since there can be no perfect timing than 'May the fourth' (4 May), widely celebrated as Star Wars Day, for its resemblance with "May the force be with you," a common expression in the movie series.
It is most likely that the cast of the movie might be announced. It has also been suggested that the makers might wait for San Diego Comic Con to reveal more information, perhaps details on the movie title.
NASA and R2-D2 Promo
A promotional message has been broadcasted from the International Space Station by NASA with the help of R2-D2, and has promised a special message on 'May the fourth.'
The promotional video shows R2-D2, eavesdropping a conversation from Storm Troopers, who want to jam the transmissions from ISS. R2-D2 rushes out to the outer space to rescue NASA. Though the message by Rick Mastracchio, flight engineer at NASA is interrupted, R2-D2 fixes the interruptions.
"In celebration of Star Wars Day, NASA flight engineer Rick Mastracchio hopes to deliver a special message from the International Space Station. Little does he know, however, that the Empire plans to jam his transmissions. Thankfully, R2-D2 is on the case," says Mastracchio in a video message.
(YouTube Courtesy: Star Wars) (Ed: VP)
"Star Wars" Tribute in TV Show "The Big Bang Theory"
Popular nerd comedy TV show "The Big Bang Theory" will celebrate Star Wars Day, with a tribute to the series.
The tribute was approved and helped by none other than Lucasfilm. Special effects technicians from Lucasfilm helped in the creation of Dagobah, the swamps where Yoda takes refuge when he is in exile. It also provided props that included the light sabre. Experts from Lucasfilm were consulted and oversaw the production, reported The Hollywood Reporter.
The new episode of 'The Big Bang Theory' is titled "The Proton Transmogrification", and will be aired at 8 pm on CBS on 1 May.
Star Wars: The Old Republic Players Get Droid and Double XP
BioWare, the developers of Star Wars: The Old Republic video game, has announced that players will get MT-4T Astromech Droid mini-pet. Players must login before 5 May.
This droid can be used in missions, player vs player zones and operations. The game will also host a double XP week from 2 May and will end on 5 May.
The Star Wars Day is celebrated by fans of the movie series, created by George Lucas. Fans celebrate it by having screenings and special events.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date