Hyundai Eon 1.0-Litre Reaches Dealerships; Prices Revealed
By greeshma m | April 29, 2014 7:44 PM EST
Korean auto major Hyundai has reportedly started dispatching its new offering in the small car segment - Eon 1.0-litre - to dealerships in India.
Photographs of a white Eon 1.0-litre parked at a dealership has now hit the web, suggesting that the arrival of the vehicle is imminent. MotorTrend has the new Eon's snap. Hyundai Eon with a 1.0-litre petrol engine has been in the rumour books for quite a while now. Previous reports had stated that the company started accepting the bookings for the new variant of Eon in the country.
Though the official price of the car is yet to be known, a new report by NDTV claims Eon 1.0-litre, in non-metallic shade, is priced at 3,83,130, and the metallic shade is available at 3,86,623 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
As far as we know, the car will be powered by 1.0-litre, three-cylinder motor, which can churn out a power of 65 bhp and a torque of 9.7 kgm, and will host features like air-con, power steering, front power windows, keyless entry and 13-inch steel wheels.
In terms of the styling, the 1.0-litre Eon looks the same as the current model. The car will be pitted against Maruti Suzuki Alto K10, Maruti Suzuki Estilo and Datsun GO in the domestic market. The new avatar of Eon will come only in the Magna variant.
In the domestic small car segment, Hyundai's new offering is now positioned strategically. Eon, a car which has been on the Indian roads for quite sometime, was lacking an effective engine to fight current leaders like Alto and Alto K10. Now, with the new petrol engine-equipped Eon model Hyundai hopes to thrive in this market, where the competition is getting tougher by the day.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Debt-Laden Millennials Join Stock Market
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga