Hyundai Eon 1.0-Litre Reaches Dealerships; Prices Revealed
By greeshma m | April 29, 2014 7:44 PM EST
Korean auto major Hyundai has reportedly started dispatching its new offering in the small car segment - Eon 1.0-litre - to dealerships in India.
Photographs of a white Eon 1.0-litre parked at a dealership has now hit the web, suggesting that the arrival of the vehicle is imminent. MotorTrend has the new Eon's snap. Hyundai Eon with a 1.0-litre petrol engine has been in the rumour books for quite a while now. Previous reports had stated that the company started accepting the bookings for the new variant of Eon in the country.
Though the official price of the car is yet to be known, a new report by NDTV claims Eon 1.0-litre, in non-metallic shade, is priced at 3,83,130, and the metallic shade is available at 3,86,623 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
As far as we know, the car will be powered by 1.0-litre, three-cylinder motor, which can churn out a power of 65 bhp and a torque of 9.7 kgm, and will host features like air-con, power steering, front power windows, keyless entry and 13-inch steel wheels.
In terms of the styling, the 1.0-litre Eon looks the same as the current model. The car will be pitted against Maruti Suzuki Alto K10, Maruti Suzuki Estilo and Datsun GO in the domestic market. The new avatar of Eon will come only in the Magna variant.
In the domestic small car segment, Hyundai's new offering is now positioned strategically. Eon, a car which has been on the Indian roads for quite sometime, was lacking an effective engine to fight current leaders like Alto and Alto K10. Now, with the new petrol engine-equipped Eon model Hyundai hopes to thrive in this market, where the competition is getting tougher by the day.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports