Hyundai Eon 1.0-Litre Reaches Dealerships; Prices Revealed
By greeshma m | April 29, 2014 7:44 PM EST
Korean auto major Hyundai has reportedly started dispatching its new offering in the small car segment - Eon 1.0-litre - to dealerships in India.
Photographs of a white Eon 1.0-litre parked at a dealership has now hit the web, suggesting that the arrival of the vehicle is imminent. MotorTrend has the new Eon's snap. Hyundai Eon with a 1.0-litre petrol engine has been in the rumour books for quite a while now. Previous reports had stated that the company started accepting the bookings for the new variant of Eon in the country.
Though the official price of the car is yet to be known, a new report by NDTV claims Eon 1.0-litre, in non-metallic shade, is priced at 3,83,130, and the metallic shade is available at 3,86,623 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
As far as we know, the car will be powered by 1.0-litre, three-cylinder motor, which can churn out a power of 65 bhp and a torque of 9.7 kgm, and will host features like air-con, power steering, front power windows, keyless entry and 13-inch steel wheels.
In terms of the styling, the 1.0-litre Eon looks the same as the current model. The car will be pitted against Maruti Suzuki Alto K10, Maruti Suzuki Estilo and Datsun GO in the domestic market. The new avatar of Eon will come only in the Magna variant.
In the domestic small car segment, Hyundai's new offering is now positioned strategically. Eon, a car which has been on the Indian roads for quite sometime, was lacking an effective engine to fight current leaders like Alto and Alto K10. Now, with the new petrol engine-equipped Eon model Hyundai hopes to thrive in this market, where the competition is getting tougher by the day.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique