Hyundai Eon 1.0-Litre Reaches Dealerships; Prices Revealed
By greeshma m | April 29, 2014 7:44 PM EST
Korean auto major Hyundai has reportedly started dispatching its new offering in the small car segment - Eon 1.0-litre - to dealerships in India.
Photographs of a white Eon 1.0-litre parked at a dealership has now hit the web, suggesting that the arrival of the vehicle is imminent. MotorTrend has the new Eon's snap. Hyundai Eon with a 1.0-litre petrol engine has been in the rumour books for quite a while now. Previous reports had stated that the company started accepting the bookings for the new variant of Eon in the country.
Though the official price of the car is yet to be known, a new report by NDTV claims Eon 1.0-litre, in non-metallic shade, is priced at 3,83,130, and the metallic shade is available at 3,86,623 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
As far as we know, the car will be powered by 1.0-litre, three-cylinder motor, which can churn out a power of 65 bhp and a torque of 9.7 kgm, and will host features like air-con, power steering, front power windows, keyless entry and 13-inch steel wheels.
In terms of the styling, the 1.0-litre Eon looks the same as the current model. The car will be pitted against Maruti Suzuki Alto K10, Maruti Suzuki Estilo and Datsun GO in the domestic market. The new avatar of Eon will come only in the Magna variant.
In the domestic small car segment, Hyundai's new offering is now positioned strategically. Eon, a car which has been on the Indian roads for quite sometime, was lacking an effective engine to fight current leaders like Alto and Alto K10. Now, with the new petrol engine-equipped Eon model Hyundai hopes to thrive in this market, where the competition is getting tougher by the day.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation