Hyundai Eon 1.0-Litre Reaches Dealerships; Prices Revealed
By greeshma m | April 29, 2014 7:44 PM EST
Korean auto major Hyundai has reportedly started dispatching its new offering in the small car segment - Eon 1.0-litre - to dealerships in India.
Photographs of a white Eon 1.0-litre parked at a dealership has now hit the web, suggesting that the arrival of the vehicle is imminent. MotorTrend has the new Eon's snap. Hyundai Eon with a 1.0-litre petrol engine has been in the rumour books for quite a while now. Previous reports had stated that the company started accepting the bookings for the new variant of Eon in the country.
Though the official price of the car is yet to be known, a new report by NDTV claims Eon 1.0-litre, in non-metallic shade, is priced at 3,83,130, and the metallic shade is available at 3,86,623 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
As far as we know, the car will be powered by 1.0-litre, three-cylinder motor, which can churn out a power of 65 bhp and a torque of 9.7 kgm, and will host features like air-con, power steering, front power windows, keyless entry and 13-inch steel wheels.
In terms of the styling, the 1.0-litre Eon looks the same as the current model. The car will be pitted against Maruti Suzuki Alto K10, Maruti Suzuki Estilo and Datsun GO in the domestic market. The new avatar of Eon will come only in the Magna variant.
In the domestic small car segment, Hyundai's new offering is now positioned strategically. Eon, a car which has been on the Indian roads for quite sometime, was lacking an effective engine to fight current leaders like Alto and Alto K10. Now, with the new petrol engine-equipped Eon model Hyundai hopes to thrive in this market, where the competition is getting tougher by the day.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying