Comedian Kapil Sharma's Facebook Page Crosses 9.4 Million Likes; Beats Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar
By Ankita Mehta | April 29, 2014 7:42 PM EST
"Comedy Nights with Kapil" show's host Sharma has more fan following on Facebook when compared to King Khan.
SRK has 8.3 million likes on his Facebook page, while Sharma has 9.4 million likes on his page beating the badshah of Bollywood.
Sharma, a standup comedian, shot to fame with comedy show "Comedy Nights with Kapil", following the success of which his popularity has increased worldwide.
Bollywood's A-list celebrities including Amitabh Bachchan, Sushmita Sen, SRK, Salman Khan, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ajay Devgn, Hrithik Roshan, Anil Kapoor, Ranveer Singh, Sidharth Malhotra, Madhuri Dixit Nene, Juhi Chawla, Alia Bhatt and others have appeared on his show to promote their films.
The comedy show's popularity has increased so much that not only Indians, but people from abroad fly down to the country to attend the show.
While Sharma has outdone SRK, the comedian doesn't like comparing himself to the superstar.
"How does it matter? Obviously it does not mean I have greater following than SRK. He is a legend. It will be cheap if I start thinking on such lines," he told the Hindustan Times.
"Though it is nice to know that people love the show and myself. Our show comes on air every week, maybe that's the reason."
Not only SRK, but Sharma has also thrashed Akshay Kumar with small margin.
Meanwhile, "Chennai Express" actress Padukone has topped the list with highest number of likes on Facebook. Padukone has 16 million likes, while Salman has 15 million followed by Big B with 11 million likes.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date