Donald Sterling’s Son-In-Law Eric Miller Turns On Him, Calls L.A. Clippers Owner A Racist
By Anne Lu | April 29, 2014 7:15 PM EST
Donald Sterling’s son-in-law wants the world to know that the Los Angeles Clippers owner is racist and ignorant. Eric Miller, the director of Basketball Administration for the Clippers, isn’t afraid to get fired from his job.
The top executive, who is married to Sterling’s daughter Joanna Sterling Miller, has issued a strong statement against Sterling after alleged audio recording of the older man’s conversation with his mistress, V. Stiviano, was released in public
“I find the statements and representations by the Clippers’ team owner to be deplorable and disgusting. There is no room in sports or society in general for racism,” he told TMZ.
“I pledge my full support for the wonderful players, coaches and staff members of the Clippers organisation. I have complete faith that Commissioner Silver will deal with this matter swiftly and severely.”
He continued, “If these comments should happen to cost me my employment with the team, it is but a small price to pay to speak out against ignorance and racism.”
His wife, meanwhile, expressed her distress over her father’s alleged racism, saying, “I am devastated and saddened by the cruel and insensitive comments expressed in these audio tapes.”
The couple aren’t the first members of the Sterling family who has renounced their patriarch’s reported bigotry.
A day before they gave their statements to the gossip site, Shelly Sterling, the disgraced NBA team owner’s estranged wife, also distanced herself from Sterling’s comments.
“Our family is devastated by the racist comments made by my estranged husband. My children and I do not share these despicable views or prejudices,” she said.
“We are doing everything in our power to stand by and support our Clippers team.”
However, hours after turning her back on Sterling, it appears that Shelly has just made an about-face.
Shelly, who has been estranged from her husband for years, was seen leaving a steakhouse in Los Angeles with Sterling himself on Sunday.
When asked by a paparazzo if Sterling was racist, Shelly screamed at the cameraman, “Of course not.”
TMZ released a video of the exchange, which shows that Shelly appeared to be insinuating that the audio released by Stiviano was altered.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch