Donald Sterling’s Son-In-Law Eric Miller Turns On Him, Calls L.A. Clippers Owner A Racist
By Anne Lu | April 29, 2014 7:15 PM EST
Donald Sterling’s son-in-law wants the world to know that the Los Angeles Clippers owner is racist and ignorant. Eric Miller, the director of Basketball Administration for the Clippers, isn’t afraid to get fired from his job.
The top executive, who is married to Sterling’s daughter Joanna Sterling Miller, has issued a strong statement against Sterling after alleged audio recording of the older man’s conversation with his mistress, V. Stiviano, was released in public
“I find the statements and representations by the Clippers’ team owner to be deplorable and disgusting. There is no room in sports or society in general for racism,” he told TMZ.
“I pledge my full support for the wonderful players, coaches and staff members of the Clippers organisation. I have complete faith that Commissioner Silver will deal with this matter swiftly and severely.”
He continued, “If these comments should happen to cost me my employment with the team, it is but a small price to pay to speak out against ignorance and racism.”
His wife, meanwhile, expressed her distress over her father’s alleged racism, saying, “I am devastated and saddened by the cruel and insensitive comments expressed in these audio tapes.”
The couple aren’t the first members of the Sterling family who has renounced their patriarch’s reported bigotry.
A day before they gave their statements to the gossip site, Shelly Sterling, the disgraced NBA team owner’s estranged wife, also distanced herself from Sterling’s comments.
“Our family is devastated by the racist comments made by my estranged husband. My children and I do not share these despicable views or prejudices,” she said.
“We are doing everything in our power to stand by and support our Clippers team.”
However, hours after turning her back on Sterling, it appears that Shelly has just made an about-face.
Shelly, who has been estranged from her husband for years, was seen leaving a steakhouse in Los Angeles with Sterling himself on Sunday.
When asked by a paparazzo if Sterling was racist, Shelly screamed at the cameraman, “Of course not.”
TMZ released a video of the exchange, which shows that Shelly appeared to be insinuating that the audio released by Stiviano was altered.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group Stage: Puerto Rico vs. Argentina Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: France vs. Serbia Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Daley Blind Is 'Not Strong Enough' For The Premier League - Scholes
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How