Donald Sterling’s Son-In-Law Eric Miller Turns On Him, Calls L.A. Clippers Owner A Racist
By Anne Lu | April 29, 2014 7:15 PM EST
Donald Sterling’s son-in-law wants the world to know that the Los Angeles Clippers owner is racist and ignorant. Eric Miller, the director of Basketball Administration for the Clippers, isn’t afraid to get fired from his job.
The top executive, who is married to Sterling’s daughter Joanna Sterling Miller, has issued a strong statement against Sterling after alleged audio recording of the older man’s conversation with his mistress, V. Stiviano, was released in public
“I find the statements and representations by the Clippers’ team owner to be deplorable and disgusting. There is no room in sports or society in general for racism,” he told TMZ.
“I pledge my full support for the wonderful players, coaches and staff members of the Clippers organisation. I have complete faith that Commissioner Silver will deal with this matter swiftly and severely.”
He continued, “If these comments should happen to cost me my employment with the team, it is but a small price to pay to speak out against ignorance and racism.”
His wife, meanwhile, expressed her distress over her father’s alleged racism, saying, “I am devastated and saddened by the cruel and insensitive comments expressed in these audio tapes.”
The couple aren’t the first members of the Sterling family who has renounced their patriarch’s reported bigotry.
A day before they gave their statements to the gossip site, Shelly Sterling, the disgraced NBA team owner’s estranged wife, also distanced herself from Sterling’s comments.
“Our family is devastated by the racist comments made by my estranged husband. My children and I do not share these despicable views or prejudices,” she said.
“We are doing everything in our power to stand by and support our Clippers team.”
However, hours after turning her back on Sterling, it appears that Shelly has just made an about-face.
Shelly, who has been estranged from her husband for years, was seen leaving a steakhouse in Los Angeles with Sterling himself on Sunday.
When asked by a paparazzo if Sterling was racist, Shelly screamed at the cameraman, “Of course not.”
TMZ released a video of the exchange, which shows that Shelly appeared to be insinuating that the audio released by Stiviano was altered.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies