Donald Sterling’s Son-In-Law Eric Miller Turns On Him, Calls L.A. Clippers Owner A Racist
By Anne Lu | April 29, 2014 7:15 PM EST
Donald Sterling’s son-in-law wants the world to know that the Los Angeles Clippers owner is racist and ignorant. Eric Miller, the director of Basketball Administration for the Clippers, isn’t afraid to get fired from his job.
The top executive, who is married to Sterling’s daughter Joanna Sterling Miller, has issued a strong statement against Sterling after alleged audio recording of the older man’s conversation with his mistress, V. Stiviano, was released in public
“I find the statements and representations by the Clippers’ team owner to be deplorable and disgusting. There is no room in sports or society in general for racism,” he told TMZ.
“I pledge my full support for the wonderful players, coaches and staff members of the Clippers organisation. I have complete faith that Commissioner Silver will deal with this matter swiftly and severely.”
He continued, “If these comments should happen to cost me my employment with the team, it is but a small price to pay to speak out against ignorance and racism.”
His wife, meanwhile, expressed her distress over her father’s alleged racism, saying, “I am devastated and saddened by the cruel and insensitive comments expressed in these audio tapes.”
The couple aren’t the first members of the Sterling family who has renounced their patriarch’s reported bigotry.
A day before they gave their statements to the gossip site, Shelly Sterling, the disgraced NBA team owner’s estranged wife, also distanced herself from Sterling’s comments.
“Our family is devastated by the racist comments made by my estranged husband. My children and I do not share these despicable views or prejudices,” she said.
“We are doing everything in our power to stand by and support our Clippers team.”
However, hours after turning her back on Sterling, it appears that Shelly has just made an about-face.
Shelly, who has been estranged from her husband for years, was seen leaving a steakhouse in Los Angeles with Sterling himself on Sunday.
When asked by a paparazzo if Sterling was racist, Shelly screamed at the cameraman, “Of course not.”
TMZ released a video of the exchange, which shows that Shelly appeared to be insinuating that the audio released by Stiviano was altered.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales