Donald Sterling’s Son-In-Law Eric Miller Turns On Him, Calls L.A. Clippers Owner A Racist
By Anne Lu | April 29, 2014 7:15 PM EST
Donald Sterling’s son-in-law wants the world to know that the Los Angeles Clippers owner is racist and ignorant. Eric Miller, the director of Basketball Administration for the Clippers, isn’t afraid to get fired from his job.
The top executive, who is married to Sterling’s daughter Joanna Sterling Miller, has issued a strong statement against Sterling after alleged audio recording of the older man’s conversation with his mistress, V. Stiviano, was released in public
“I find the statements and representations by the Clippers’ team owner to be deplorable and disgusting. There is no room in sports or society in general for racism,” he told TMZ.
“I pledge my full support for the wonderful players, coaches and staff members of the Clippers organisation. I have complete faith that Commissioner Silver will deal with this matter swiftly and severely.”
He continued, “If these comments should happen to cost me my employment with the team, it is but a small price to pay to speak out against ignorance and racism.”
His wife, meanwhile, expressed her distress over her father’s alleged racism, saying, “I am devastated and saddened by the cruel and insensitive comments expressed in these audio tapes.”
The couple aren’t the first members of the Sterling family who has renounced their patriarch’s reported bigotry.
A day before they gave their statements to the gossip site, Shelly Sterling, the disgraced NBA team owner’s estranged wife, also distanced herself from Sterling’s comments.
“Our family is devastated by the racist comments made by my estranged husband. My children and I do not share these despicable views or prejudices,” she said.
“We are doing everything in our power to stand by and support our Clippers team.”
However, hours after turning her back on Sterling, it appears that Shelly has just made an about-face.
Shelly, who has been estranged from her husband for years, was seen leaving a steakhouse in Los Angeles with Sterling himself on Sunday.
When asked by a paparazzo if Sterling was racist, Shelly screamed at the cameraman, “Of course not.”
TMZ released a video of the exchange, which shows that Shelly appeared to be insinuating that the audio released by Stiviano was altered.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best