Amanda Bynes Celebrates Dropping of DUI Charges by Driving, Turning a New Leaf?
By Maychelle Ornos | April 29, 2014 7:01 PM EST
The Nickelodeon alum Amanda Bynes has been in several run-ins with the law since 2012 for various reasons and many are asking "What happened to Amanda Bynes?" when she started showing signs of instability, especially in her Twitter account. The charge of driving under the influence to the former child star was filed after she sideswiped a police car and crashed her car, according to Us Magazine.
Amanda Bynes Placed in Involuntary Psychiatric Hold After Starting a Fire/Reuters
Although the case was pending in court for two years now, Bynes has now a reason to be happy as the court has already agreed to drop her DUI case. Most of her problems with the law were related to driving accidents.
Now that she has her license back, the 28-year-old star may need to be careful when she is behind the wheel, so as to prevent any other accidents that might get her license revoked. She was seen out driving with her dad in her black BMW after getting her back her license.
Her license was suspended and has been in probation for three years. The psychological status of the "Hairspray" actress was also questioned as she set a small fire at the driveway in Thousand Oaks, California. 2013 was a rough year for her and by September of the same year was admitted to a facility to deal with her mental breakdown.
However after her release in December 2013, the "Easy A" actress was seen to have improved considerably. Bynes was already attending her classes at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising and seems to be staying out of trouble.
She also steer cleared of any social media controversies that she used to be involved in. She has not ignited any of the Twitter wars she has started last year with Rihanna, Drake, Jay-Z, and Miley Cyrus among others, as reported by Hollywood Life.
The lawyer representing the Bynes, attorney Tamar Arminak, has announced that she is already free from medications but still continues to receive outpatient treatment, according to People. Her mother is also firm on denying the mental illness that she was rumoured to have.
In a tweet she posted in March 1, the actress posted "Hi everyone! I'm busy studying at @FIDM but I want to say I love you to my fans! Xoxo." Things are now looking up for Amanda Bynes.
Hi everyone! I'm busy studying at @FIDM but I want to say I love you to my fans! Xoxo Amanda — amanda bynes (@amandabynes) March 1, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage