Amanda Bynes Celebrates Dropping of DUI Charges by Driving, Turning a New Leaf?
By Maychelle Ornos | April 29, 2014 7:01 PM EST
The Nickelodeon alum Amanda Bynes has been in several run-ins with the law since 2012 for various reasons and many are asking "What happened to Amanda Bynes?" when she started showing signs of instability, especially in her Twitter account. The charge of driving under the influence to the former child star was filed after she sideswiped a police car and crashed her car, according to Us Magazine.
Amanda Bynes Placed in Involuntary Psychiatric Hold After Starting a Fire/Reuters
Although the case was pending in court for two years now, Bynes has now a reason to be happy as the court has already agreed to drop her DUI case. Most of her problems with the law were related to driving accidents.
Now that she has her license back, the 28-year-old star may need to be careful when she is behind the wheel, so as to prevent any other accidents that might get her license revoked. She was seen out driving with her dad in her black BMW after getting her back her license.
Her license was suspended and has been in probation for three years. The psychological status of the "Hairspray" actress was also questioned as she set a small fire at the driveway in Thousand Oaks, California. 2013 was a rough year for her and by September of the same year was admitted to a facility to deal with her mental breakdown.
However after her release in December 2013, the "Easy A" actress was seen to have improved considerably. Bynes was already attending her classes at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising and seems to be staying out of trouble.
She also steer cleared of any social media controversies that she used to be involved in. She has not ignited any of the Twitter wars she has started last year with Rihanna, Drake, Jay-Z, and Miley Cyrus among others, as reported by Hollywood Life.
The lawyer representing the Bynes, attorney Tamar Arminak, has announced that she is already free from medications but still continues to receive outpatient treatment, according to People. Her mother is also firm on denying the mental illness that she was rumoured to have.
In a tweet she posted in March 1, the actress posted "Hi everyone! I'm busy studying at @FIDM but I want to say I love you to my fans! Xoxo." Things are now looking up for Amanda Bynes.
Hi everyone! I'm busy studying at @FIDM but I want to say I love you to my fans! Xoxo Amanda — amanda bynes (@amandabynes) March 1, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports