Amanda Bynes Celebrates Dropping of DUI Charges by Driving, Turning a New Leaf?
By Maychelle Ornos | April 29, 2014 7:01 PM EST
The Nickelodeon alum Amanda Bynes has been in several run-ins with the law since 2012 for various reasons and many are asking "What happened to Amanda Bynes?" when she started showing signs of instability, especially in her Twitter account. The charge of driving under the influence to the former child star was filed after she sideswiped a police car and crashed her car, according to Us Magazine.
Amanda Bynes Placed in Involuntary Psychiatric Hold After Starting a Fire/Reuters
Although the case was pending in court for two years now, Bynes has now a reason to be happy as the court has already agreed to drop her DUI case. Most of her problems with the law were related to driving accidents.
Now that she has her license back, the 28-year-old star may need to be careful when she is behind the wheel, so as to prevent any other accidents that might get her license revoked. She was seen out driving with her dad in her black BMW after getting her back her license.
Her license was suspended and has been in probation for three years. The psychological status of the "Hairspray" actress was also questioned as she set a small fire at the driveway in Thousand Oaks, California. 2013 was a rough year for her and by September of the same year was admitted to a facility to deal with her mental breakdown.
However after her release in December 2013, the "Easy A" actress was seen to have improved considerably. Bynes was already attending her classes at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising and seems to be staying out of trouble.
She also steer cleared of any social media controversies that she used to be involved in. She has not ignited any of the Twitter wars she has started last year with Rihanna, Drake, Jay-Z, and Miley Cyrus among others, as reported by Hollywood Life.
The lawyer representing the Bynes, attorney Tamar Arminak, has announced that she is already free from medications but still continues to receive outpatient treatment, according to People. Her mother is also firm on denying the mental illness that she was rumoured to have.
In a tweet she posted in March 1, the actress posted "Hi everyone! I'm busy studying at @FIDM but I want to say I love you to my fans! Xoxo." Things are now looking up for Amanda Bynes.
Hi everyone! I'm busy studying at @FIDM but I want to say I love you to my fans! Xoxo Amanda — amanda bynes (@amandabynes) March 1, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around