Amanda Bynes Celebrates Dropping of DUI Charges by Driving, Turning a New Leaf?
By Maychelle Ornos | April 29, 2014 7:01 PM EST
The Nickelodeon alum Amanda Bynes has been in several run-ins with the law since 2012 for various reasons and many are asking "What happened to Amanda Bynes?" when she started showing signs of instability, especially in her Twitter account. The charge of driving under the influence to the former child star was filed after she sideswiped a police car and crashed her car, according to Us Magazine.
Amanda Bynes Placed in Involuntary Psychiatric Hold After Starting a Fire/Reuters
Although the case was pending in court for two years now, Bynes has now a reason to be happy as the court has already agreed to drop her DUI case. Most of her problems with the law were related to driving accidents.
Now that she has her license back, the 28-year-old star may need to be careful when she is behind the wheel, so as to prevent any other accidents that might get her license revoked. She was seen out driving with her dad in her black BMW after getting her back her license.
Her license was suspended and has been in probation for three years. The psychological status of the "Hairspray" actress was also questioned as she set a small fire at the driveway in Thousand Oaks, California. 2013 was a rough year for her and by September of the same year was admitted to a facility to deal with her mental breakdown.
However after her release in December 2013, the "Easy A" actress was seen to have improved considerably. Bynes was already attending her classes at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising and seems to be staying out of trouble.
She also steer cleared of any social media controversies that she used to be involved in. She has not ignited any of the Twitter wars she has started last year with Rihanna, Drake, Jay-Z, and Miley Cyrus among others, as reported by Hollywood Life.
The lawyer representing the Bynes, attorney Tamar Arminak, has announced that she is already free from medications but still continues to receive outpatient treatment, according to People. Her mother is also firm on denying the mental illness that she was rumoured to have.
In a tweet she posted in March 1, the actress posted "Hi everyone! I'm busy studying at @FIDM but I want to say I love you to my fans! Xoxo." Things are now looking up for Amanda Bynes.
Hi everyone! I'm busy studying at @FIDM but I want to say I love you to my fans! Xoxo Amanda — amanda bynes (@amandabynes) March 1, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight