Amanda Bynes Celebrates Dropping of DUI Charges by Driving, Turning a New Leaf?
By Maychelle Ornos | April 29, 2014 7:01 PM EST
The Nickelodeon alum Amanda Bynes has been in several run-ins with the law since 2012 for various reasons and many are asking "What happened to Amanda Bynes?" when she started showing signs of instability, especially in her Twitter account. The charge of driving under the influence to the former child star was filed after she sideswiped a police car and crashed her car, according to Us Magazine.
Amanda Bynes Placed in Involuntary Psychiatric Hold After Starting a Fire/Reuters
Although the case was pending in court for two years now, Bynes has now a reason to be happy as the court has already agreed to drop her DUI case. Most of her problems with the law were related to driving accidents.
Now that she has her license back, the 28-year-old star may need to be careful when she is behind the wheel, so as to prevent any other accidents that might get her license revoked. She was seen out driving with her dad in her black BMW after getting her back her license.
Her license was suspended and has been in probation for three years. The psychological status of the "Hairspray" actress was also questioned as she set a small fire at the driveway in Thousand Oaks, California. 2013 was a rough year for her and by September of the same year was admitted to a facility to deal with her mental breakdown.
However after her release in December 2013, the "Easy A" actress was seen to have improved considerably. Bynes was already attending her classes at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising and seems to be staying out of trouble.
She also steer cleared of any social media controversies that she used to be involved in. She has not ignited any of the Twitter wars she has started last year with Rihanna, Drake, Jay-Z, and Miley Cyrus among others, as reported by Hollywood Life.
The lawyer representing the Bynes, attorney Tamar Arminak, has announced that she is already free from medications but still continues to receive outpatient treatment, according to People. Her mother is also firm on denying the mental illness that she was rumoured to have.
In a tweet she posted in March 1, the actress posted "Hi everyone! I'm busy studying at @FIDM but I want to say I love you to my fans! Xoxo." Things are now looking up for Amanda Bynes.
Hi everyone! I'm busy studying at @FIDM but I want to say I love you to my fans! Xoxo Amanda — amanda bynes (@amandabynes) March 1, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date