HTC One M8: Glacial Silver Colour Option Now Available at AT&T, Minor Technical Error Deactivated Google Drive Cloud Storage
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 29, 2014 4:58 PM EST
AT&T initially offered the HTC One M8 in Gunmetal Gray and Amber Gold colour options. Recent reports revealed that the US carrier currently offers the Glacial Silver model of the recently announced Android smartphone.
The pricing scheme for the AT&T HTC One M8 Glacial Silver version has been set at $199.99 with a two-year contract. According to the GSMArena report, customers who are using the US carrier's Next 12 plan can get their hands on the HTC device with the monthly fee of $32 for 20 months.
AT&T customers on the Next 18 plan can purchase the HTC One M8 at $24.62 price for 26 months. The unlocked Android smartphone can be purchased as well with its full retail price set at $639.99.
However, the Phandroid report claims the AT&T HTC One M8 users will not be able to redeem the Taiwanese manufacturer's benefits package of 50GB free Google Drive storage on the device until May 2014.
Ed Kuhner, the HTC Vice President Customer Experience, explained that the deactivation of the Google Drive cloud storage is a minor technical error. Mr Kuhner's letter in the report reads: "Dear HTC Customers and Enthusiasts, a minor technical error has temporarily deactivated the Google Drive cloud storage offer for the AT&T HTC One (M8). Please be aware that we are working to fix this error, and the 50GB of Google Drive storage space will be available by Mid-May for this device. Thank you for your patience, and we hope you are enjoying your new HTC One (M8)."
It has not been clarified if the AT&T HTC One M8 users who are already using the Drive are required to do other steps that will activate the promo. The HTC One M8 smartphone features and specs include the 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen with 1920x1080p resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, a quad-core 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system, HTC Sense 6.0 UI, 2GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU.
Additional features and specs are dual 4MP primary camera that has autofocus and dual-LED flash, a 5MP secondary camera, internal storage capacities of 16GB or 32GB that can be expanded through the available microSD card slot up to 128GB, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, NFC, microUSB v2.0 and the power of a 2600mAh non-removable Li-Po battery.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1020: Windows Phone Handset to Document the Underwater Diving Expedition Called 'Mission 31' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal