HTC One M8: Glacial Silver Colour Option Now Available at AT&T, Minor Technical Error Deactivated Google Drive Cloud Storage
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 29, 2014 4:58 PM EST
AT&T initially offered the HTC One M8 in Gunmetal Gray and Amber Gold colour options. Recent reports revealed that the US carrier currently offers the Glacial Silver model of the recently announced Android smartphone.
The pricing scheme for the AT&T HTC One M8 Glacial Silver version has been set at $199.99 with a two-year contract. According to the GSMArena report, customers who are using the US carrier's Next 12 plan can get their hands on the HTC device with the monthly fee of $32 for 20 months.
AT&T customers on the Next 18 plan can purchase the HTC One M8 at $24.62 price for 26 months. The unlocked Android smartphone can be purchased as well with its full retail price set at $639.99.
However, the Phandroid report claims the AT&T HTC One M8 users will not be able to redeem the Taiwanese manufacturer's benefits package of 50GB free Google Drive storage on the device until May 2014.
Ed Kuhner, the HTC Vice President Customer Experience, explained that the deactivation of the Google Drive cloud storage is a minor technical error. Mr Kuhner's letter in the report reads: "Dear HTC Customers and Enthusiasts, a minor technical error has temporarily deactivated the Google Drive cloud storage offer for the AT&T HTC One (M8). Please be aware that we are working to fix this error, and the 50GB of Google Drive storage space will be available by Mid-May for this device. Thank you for your patience, and we hope you are enjoying your new HTC One (M8)."
It has not been clarified if the AT&T HTC One M8 users who are already using the Drive are required to do other steps that will activate the promo. The HTC One M8 smartphone features and specs include the 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen with 1920x1080p resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, a quad-core 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system, HTC Sense 6.0 UI, 2GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU.
Additional features and specs are dual 4MP primary camera that has autofocus and dual-LED flash, a 5MP secondary camera, internal storage capacities of 16GB or 32GB that can be expanded through the available microSD card slot up to 128GB, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, NFC, microUSB v2.0 and the power of a 2600mAh non-removable Li-Po battery.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1020: Windows Phone Handset to Document the Underwater Diving Expedition Called 'Mission 31' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS