HTC One M8: Glacial Silver Colour Option Now Available at AT&T, Minor Technical Error Deactivated Google Drive Cloud Storage
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 29, 2014 4:58 PM EST
AT&T initially offered the HTC One M8 in Gunmetal Gray and Amber Gold colour options. Recent reports revealed that the US carrier currently offers the Glacial Silver model of the recently announced Android smartphone.
The pricing scheme for the AT&T HTC One M8 Glacial Silver version has been set at $199.99 with a two-year contract. According to the GSMArena report, customers who are using the US carrier's Next 12 plan can get their hands on the HTC device with the monthly fee of $32 for 20 months.
AT&T customers on the Next 18 plan can purchase the HTC One M8 at $24.62 price for 26 months. The unlocked Android smartphone can be purchased as well with its full retail price set at $639.99.
However, the Phandroid report claims the AT&T HTC One M8 users will not be able to redeem the Taiwanese manufacturer's benefits package of 50GB free Google Drive storage on the device until May 2014.
Ed Kuhner, the HTC Vice President Customer Experience, explained that the deactivation of the Google Drive cloud storage is a minor technical error. Mr Kuhner's letter in the report reads: "Dear HTC Customers and Enthusiasts, a minor technical error has temporarily deactivated the Google Drive cloud storage offer for the AT&T HTC One (M8). Please be aware that we are working to fix this error, and the 50GB of Google Drive storage space will be available by Mid-May for this device. Thank you for your patience, and we hope you are enjoying your new HTC One (M8)."
It has not been clarified if the AT&T HTC One M8 users who are already using the Drive are required to do other steps that will activate the promo. The HTC One M8 smartphone features and specs include the 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen with 1920x1080p resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, a quad-core 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system, HTC Sense 6.0 UI, 2GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU.
Additional features and specs are dual 4MP primary camera that has autofocus and dual-LED flash, a 5MP secondary camera, internal storage capacities of 16GB or 32GB that can be expanded through the available microSD card slot up to 128GB, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, NFC, microUSB v2.0 and the power of a 2600mAh non-removable Li-Po battery.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1020: Windows Phone Handset to Document the Underwater Diving Expedition Called 'Mission 31' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'GTA V' For PC, PS4, Xbox One: More DLC Updates And Release Confirmed This Fall
- Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire May Not Be The Only Pokemon Game With This ‘Shocking’ Project
- 'Minecraft' 1.8 Update Gets 'Minecraft' 14w34b Snapshot, 'Minecraft PS Vita' Trailer And A Possible Oculus Rift Port
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. Asus Zenfone 4 Price And Specifications Comparison [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. LG G2 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display