Microsoft on Nokia Takeover: First Promo Video Shows Colorful Radical Image [Watch YouTube Video]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | April 29, 2014 4:00 PM EST
The computer software company Microsoft has released its first promo video on Nokia devices following the complete takeover of the legendary Finnish mobile phone company.
The $US7.52 billion deal was officially completed after eight long months of acquisition process. As stated in a press release dated April 25, 2014, Microsoft will be the new owner of all devices, services, and license to patents on Nokia businesses.
With the disappearance of Nokia on future smartphone releases, Microsoft released its first promo video on Nokia devices in a radical image entitled "Not Like Everybody Else". The video depicts gentleman clad in colorful outfit with a Nokia Lumia 930 phone and matching headset walking along the street in a black and white setting.
All other people who saw him turned their heads, dropped their jaws, or reached out their hand to show their awe and eagerness to grab the same mobile phone brand. There is just one lady in colorful attire as well who smiled in agreement at the passing pedestrian for she was already using Microsoft tablet.
In a news report from Drum, European head of digital marketing and advocacy at Nokia Mr. Thomas Messett said that the videos were aimed at making the Nokia brand become a top brand in mind and at the same time featuring the intentions behind the Nokia brand.
Mr. Messett stated: "[The videos were created] partly to assure our consumers and our fans that while things are obviously changing we are still the same people who stood for these things for many years... and partly to get across our message that what we stand for is now combined as an organization."
The promo video is part of Microsoft's campaign on "Everything Just Became A Lot #MoreColourful". More promo videos with this theme will be released in the coming months to signify the colorful and radical image of the Nokia X devices.
Watch the video on Youtube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales