Novak Djokovic and Fiancée Jelena Ristic Expecting First Child
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 29, 2014 3:08 PM EST
Novak Djokovic and fiancée Jelena Ristic are reportedly expecting their first child.
Djokovic made the baby news announcement on Twitter on April 24. He was on a vacation with Ristic in Greece when he revealed the good news to his more than 2 million followers.
Djokovic plays with a white bandage on his right wrist in the semifinals against Federer at the Monte Carlo Masters in Monaco.
Thank you all sooo much for the compliments. We love you and can't wait to see "little one" soon! Hvala vam svima na podrsci I cestitkama— Novak Djokovic (@DjokerNole) April 25, 2014
Djokovic and Ristic got engaged in September 2013 after eight years of dating. The Serbian athlete also made the announcement on social media. Djokovic further confirmed that their wedding will take place in a couple of months. It has been two months since he made that statement, but it seems that there wouldn't be any wedding bells ringing just yet. What is certain is that there is a little Djokovic or Ristic on the way. Aside from worrying about his future tennis tournaments, Djokovic will now have to worry about getting the nursery ready for their bundle of joy too.
According to CNN, Djokovic and Ristic chose to spend their vacation in Athens, following the wrist injury that he sustained during the semi-finals match he played against Roger Federer at the 2014 Monte Carlo Masters tournament. Djokovic is reportedly not so anxious about his injury. He is expected to take part in the Madrid Masters tournament, CNN further reported.
Djokovic said in his official Web site that his injury is a lot better, but he still would need to go through the entire "recovery process and full medical treatments."
"It means I will have to take a short break in order to recover as soon as possible," said Djokovic.
Nonetheless, Djokovic revealed that he's ready to play for Madrid from May 4 to May 11. After the Madrid Masters, Djokovic said he will also participate in Rome and Roland Garros tournaments, as what was originally planned.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks