Novak Djokovic and Fiancée Jelena Ristic Expecting First Child
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 29, 2014 3:08 PM EST
Novak Djokovic and fiancée Jelena Ristic are reportedly expecting their first child.
Djokovic made the baby news announcement on Twitter on April 24. He was on a vacation with Ristic in Greece when he revealed the good news to his more than 2 million followers.
Djokovic plays with a white bandage on his right wrist in the semifinals against Federer at the Monte Carlo Masters in Monaco.
Thank you all sooo much for the compliments. We love you and can't wait to see "little one" soon! Hvala vam svima na podrsci I cestitkama— Novak Djokovic (@DjokerNole) April 25, 2014
Djokovic and Ristic got engaged in September 2013 after eight years of dating. The Serbian athlete also made the announcement on social media. Djokovic further confirmed that their wedding will take place in a couple of months. It has been two months since he made that statement, but it seems that there wouldn't be any wedding bells ringing just yet. What is certain is that there is a little Djokovic or Ristic on the way. Aside from worrying about his future tennis tournaments, Djokovic will now have to worry about getting the nursery ready for their bundle of joy too.
According to CNN, Djokovic and Ristic chose to spend their vacation in Athens, following the wrist injury that he sustained during the semi-finals match he played against Roger Federer at the 2014 Monte Carlo Masters tournament. Djokovic is reportedly not so anxious about his injury. He is expected to take part in the Madrid Masters tournament, CNN further reported.
Djokovic said in his official Web site that his injury is a lot better, but he still would need to go through the entire "recovery process and full medical treatments."
"It means I will have to take a short break in order to recover as soon as possible," said Djokovic.
Nonetheless, Djokovic revealed that he's ready to play for Madrid from May 4 to May 11. After the Madrid Masters, Djokovic said he will also participate in Rome and Roland Garros tournaments, as what was originally planned.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories