‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Extended Trailer Released: Join Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort as They Fall in Love [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 29, 2014 3:07 PM EST
A movie that will tug at your heart, the new extended trailer of "The Fault in Our Stars" has given more proof that aside from romance the movie is a real must-watch tearjerker.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Based on John Green's bestselling novel, the new trailer of The Fault in Our Stars released by Yahoo movies shows the love story of a cancer patient named Hazel Lancaster (Shailene Woodley) and Indianapolis teenager Augustus "Gus" Waters (Ansel Elgort) come to life as they meet in a Cancer Kid Support Group.
"Why are you staring at me?" Hazel asked as shown in the trailer.
"'Coz you're beautiful," Gus answered, and the love story began.
In a Q&A portion on John Green's Web site, the author revealed that The Fault in Our Stars novel was primarily about how people behave around each other, especially when scared.
". . . How fear makes us both more and less human," Green said.
Now if you're thrilled to watch the movie, here's something that you might love to know. According to an IMDb trivia, Shailene Woodley has been so passionate about her role in The Fault in Our Stars that she had written "impassioned letters" to John Green and the movie's director Josh Boone.
The Fault in Our Stars movie appears to have greatly followed the novel's path, showing scenes from the book, including Gus' charms and his explanation why he carries an unlit cigarette a.k.a. the metaphor. But then the movie would not be complete without the character's struggles.
"I'm a grenade," Hazel told Gus. "One day I'm going to blow up and I'm going to obliterate everything in my wake and I don't want to hurt you."
You might want to bring tissues when you watch the movie. Ansel Elgort character in the movie has given Shailene Woodley's character the hope to look through life not as a cancer patient but as a teenager that she is. But still, Woodley's sickness in the movie is inevitable.
"You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have a say who hurts you," Elgort narrated.
And ending the trailer with what appears to be the real thrill that fans will surely want to watch is Gus confessing his feelings to Hazel.
"I knew that love is just a shout into the void; that oblivion is inevitable and I am in love with you," Gus confessed to Hazel.
In the movie "Divergent," Woodley and Elgort has played brother and sister, but apparently The Fault in Our Stars has given them a new territory to walk on. Fall in love with the new team up as the movie hits theatres on June 6 in the U.S. and June 5 in Australia.
WATCH: "The Fault in Our Stars" Extended Trailer
Source: YouTube/Yahoo Movies
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2