Domestic Violence Rap Costs RadiumOne CEO's Job
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | April 29, 2014 2:59 PM EST
Who would have thought that a seemingly simple domestic violence would cost the job even for a CEO?
Apparently, this is what happened to RadiumOne CEO, founder, and chairman Gurbaksh Chahal when he got ousted from his post two weeks after his guilty plea on domestic violence rap with his girlfriend.
The now-former CEO faced allegedly kicking and hitting his girlfriend more than 100 times in a span of 30 minutes which was caught on a video on his security cameras. The video illegally taken from his own home and was presented as court evidence however ruled out as inadmissible.
The 31-year old gentleman's misdemeanor earned him 45 felony charges and jail time to which he paid a $500 fine and got three years period of probation. He was also set to complete 25 hours of community service plus a 52 week training program on domestic violence.
Chahal defended himself in his blog entry on Sunday entitled "Can You Handle the Truth?". According to him: "The situation that resulted in my legal case began when I discovered that my girlfriend was having unprotected sex for money with other people. (She testified to this in her interviews with the cops.) I make no excuse for losing my temper. When I discovered this fact and confronted my girlfriend, we had a normal argument."
But the very own tech advertising company Chahal founded had a different take on the matter. In a RadiumOne press release dated April 27, 2014, the message stated: "At a board meeting yesterday evening, RadiumOne's board of directors voted to terminate the employment of Gurbaksh Chahal as CEO and Chairman of the company."
The company did not provide any reason however on the cause of his termination but just plainly mentioned that the company's COO Bill Lonergan will immediately replace the vacant post.
According to a post from Recode, Chahal did not offer to step down from his position despite so much negative publicity around him. And with his large share in the advertising platform RadiumOne, there is a large possibility that he will mount a challenge over his dismissal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Report Claims China & Taiwan Sell Human Meat
- Sex with the Dead: Ohio Man Admits Doing it with 100 Corpses
- Princess Diana's Gravesite Algae-Infested, Earl Spencer Reportedly To Blame
- Ebola Virus: NZ Health Officials Given 'Powers' to Stop Ships, Planes from Entering Border
- Canadian Rapist, Convicted for Killing 2-Year-Old Girl, Murdered in Prison
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff