Domestic Violence Rap Costs RadiumOne CEO's Job
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | April 29, 2014 2:59 PM EST
Who would have thought that a seemingly simple domestic violence would cost the job even for a CEO?
Apparently, this is what happened to RadiumOne CEO, founder, and chairman Gurbaksh Chahal when he got ousted from his post two weeks after his guilty plea on domestic violence rap with his girlfriend.
The now-former CEO faced allegedly kicking and hitting his girlfriend more than 100 times in a span of 30 minutes which was caught on a video on his security cameras. The video illegally taken from his own home and was presented as court evidence however ruled out as inadmissible.
The 31-year old gentleman's misdemeanor earned him 45 felony charges and jail time to which he paid a $500 fine and got three years period of probation. He was also set to complete 25 hours of community service plus a 52 week training program on domestic violence.
Chahal defended himself in his blog entry on Sunday entitled "Can You Handle the Truth?". According to him: "The situation that resulted in my legal case began when I discovered that my girlfriend was having unprotected sex for money with other people. (She testified to this in her interviews with the cops.) I make no excuse for losing my temper. When I discovered this fact and confronted my girlfriend, we had a normal argument."
But the very own tech advertising company Chahal founded had a different take on the matter. In a RadiumOne press release dated April 27, 2014, the message stated: "At a board meeting yesterday evening, RadiumOne's board of directors voted to terminate the employment of Gurbaksh Chahal as CEO and Chairman of the company."
The company did not provide any reason however on the cause of his termination but just plainly mentioned that the company's COO Bill Lonergan will immediately replace the vacant post.
According to a post from Recode, Chahal did not offer to step down from his position despite so much negative publicity around him. And with his large share in the advertising platform RadiumOne, there is a large possibility that he will mount a challenge over his dismissal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports