Domestic Violence Rap Costs RadiumOne CEO's Job
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | April 29, 2014 2:59 PM EST
Who would have thought that a seemingly simple domestic violence would cost the job even for a CEO?
Apparently, this is what happened to RadiumOne CEO, founder, and chairman Gurbaksh Chahal when he got ousted from his post two weeks after his guilty plea on domestic violence rap with his girlfriend.
The now-former CEO faced allegedly kicking and hitting his girlfriend more than 100 times in a span of 30 minutes which was caught on a video on his security cameras. The video illegally taken from his own home and was presented as court evidence however ruled out as inadmissible.
The 31-year old gentleman's misdemeanor earned him 45 felony charges and jail time to which he paid a $500 fine and got three years period of probation. He was also set to complete 25 hours of community service plus a 52 week training program on domestic violence.
Chahal defended himself in his blog entry on Sunday entitled "Can You Handle the Truth?". According to him: "The situation that resulted in my legal case began when I discovered that my girlfriend was having unprotected sex for money with other people. (She testified to this in her interviews with the cops.) I make no excuse for losing my temper. When I discovered this fact and confronted my girlfriend, we had a normal argument."
But the very own tech advertising company Chahal founded had a different take on the matter. In a RadiumOne press release dated April 27, 2014, the message stated: "At a board meeting yesterday evening, RadiumOne's board of directors voted to terminate the employment of Gurbaksh Chahal as CEO and Chairman of the company."
The company did not provide any reason however on the cause of his termination but just plainly mentioned that the company's COO Bill Lonergan will immediately replace the vacant post.
According to a post from Recode, Chahal did not offer to step down from his position despite so much negative publicity around him. And with his large share in the advertising platform RadiumOne, there is a large possibility that he will mount a challenge over his dismissal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- Australian Woman Charged for Adultery in Lebanon for Visiting Boyfriend
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- Humans at Their Worst: MH17 Victims' Credit Cards Used in Ukraine, Phones 'Answered' by Strangers
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales