Would Cristiano Ronaldo Pass for an Actor? Real Madrid Superstar Reveals Desire to Become an Actor
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 29, 2014 2:59 PM EST
When it is time to hang up his cleats, Cristiano Ronaldo reveals he is open to do a little acting on the side. It is no secret that Ronaldo has got the looks to make him a charming actor, but has he got the acting skills to entertain audiences in a whole new different way than playing soccer, which he is extremely good at?
Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo holds his trophy after being awarded the FIFA Ballon d'Or 2013 in Zurich January 13, 2014. Portugal and Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo was named the world's best footballer for the second time on Monday, preventing his great rival Lionel Messi from winning the award for a fifth year in a row.
According to the Daily Mail, Ronaldo has no problems hitting the big screen and taking a shot at acting if the time comes that he needs to hang up his cleats or retire from playing soccer. "The door is always open, I'm always available," Ronaldo said when asked if he would consider an acting career. However, Ronaldo has no intentions of retiring as of the moment. He shared that he was only considering the thought just because of the fact that he is accustomed to being on TV. "I am not thinking now about the end of my football career, but it is always a possibility because I am used to it," Ronaldo added.
It certainly wouldn't be anytime soon because Ronaldo is just performing as good as ever. He had achieved so many accomplishments in the last 10 years. Ronaldo has yet broken another record when he scored two consecutive goals during Real Madrid's match against Osasuna on April 26. Both goals were reportedly scored outside the area, giving the Portugal national team a total of 29 goals that were notched outside the box in all the matches of the current season, Real Madrid News reported.
So, should Ronaldo allow himself to get bitten by the acting bug?
There are several soccer players who had become actors or TV personalities after their retirement. Vinnie Jones, who used to play as a midfielder for Wimbledon, Leeds United, and Chelsea, has delved into acting. Chef Gordon Ramsay, not known to many, used to play soccer as well. Los Angeles Galaxy's Keith Costigan now works as an analyst for Fox Soccer Channel.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch