Would Cristiano Ronaldo Pass for an Actor? Real Madrid Superstar Reveals Desire to Become an Actor
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 29, 2014 2:59 PM EST
When it is time to hang up his cleats, Cristiano Ronaldo reveals he is open to do a little acting on the side. It is no secret that Ronaldo has got the looks to make him a charming actor, but has he got the acting skills to entertain audiences in a whole new different way than playing soccer, which he is extremely good at?
Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo holds his trophy after being awarded the FIFA Ballon d'Or 2013 in Zurich January 13, 2014. Portugal and Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo was named the world's best footballer for the second time on Monday, preventing his great rival Lionel Messi from winning the award for a fifth year in a row.
According to the Daily Mail, Ronaldo has no problems hitting the big screen and taking a shot at acting if the time comes that he needs to hang up his cleats or retire from playing soccer. "The door is always open, I'm always available," Ronaldo said when asked if he would consider an acting career. However, Ronaldo has no intentions of retiring as of the moment. He shared that he was only considering the thought just because of the fact that he is accustomed to being on TV. "I am not thinking now about the end of my football career, but it is always a possibility because I am used to it," Ronaldo added.
It certainly wouldn't be anytime soon because Ronaldo is just performing as good as ever. He had achieved so many accomplishments in the last 10 years. Ronaldo has yet broken another record when he scored two consecutive goals during Real Madrid's match against Osasuna on April 26. Both goals were reportedly scored outside the area, giving the Portugal national team a total of 29 goals that were notched outside the box in all the matches of the current season, Real Madrid News reported.
So, should Ronaldo allow himself to get bitten by the acting bug?
There are several soccer players who had become actors or TV personalities after their retirement. Vinnie Jones, who used to play as a midfielder for Wimbledon, Leeds United, and Chelsea, has delved into acting. Chef Gordon Ramsay, not known to many, used to play soccer as well. Los Angeles Galaxy's Keith Costigan now works as an analyst for Fox Soccer Channel.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage