'Let It Go' Singer, Idina Menzel and Kirsten Bell May Reprise 'Frozen' Roles in Broadway, Elsa and Ana Live
By Annie Dee | April 29, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Idina Menzel not only wants to lend her voice to the animation character Queen Elsa in Disney's record-breaking animated movie, "Frozen" but also play her in person. The Cosmopolitan reported that when Idina was asked if she wants to reprise her role in the movie's Broadway adaptation, Menzel could not contain her excitement about the prospect; especially that she is already a Broadway veteran.
American actress/singer Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs have split after ten years of marriage. (Reuters)
"Yes! Sure! Absolutely!" said Menzel at Variety's Power of Women luncheon. The singer-actress is currently starring in musical "If/Then."
Frozen allowed the Tony-winning actress to enjoy her first award for a mainstream project. "Frozen's" smash hit "Let It Go" won Best Song Oscar last month and Menzel was very happy about lending her vocals to this song. "It was such a dream of mine to be in the Disney family and become an animated queen," Menzel told Cosmo.
If Menzel is head over heels in love with her animated character that she wants to take on the role for Broadway, not everyone wants her to be, even her own kid.. The actress jokingly shared to Cosmo how her 4-year-old son Walker does not want to play the Ice Queen. Rather, baby Walker wants mommy "dress up like the Michael Jackson zombie from Thriller."
Aside from Menzel, Kristen Bell is also very open and excited about the idea of her role as Princess Anna on Broadway. "Everybody in Frozen is a Broadway veteran so I certainly hope they try and wrangle us," Bell shared to EW Radio.
Whether or not she will get the chance to revive the role of Elsa on Broadway, Menzel would rather not sweat it. She has way too many good things happening around her that she does not want to be worrying about anything anymore. She has a way of thinking when it comes to the future. In an early interview, she shared. "I'm always afraid to hope for something because I don't want to be disappointed," Menzel said in the interview. "Instead of worrying, why not enjoy the idea of the positive outcome, and if it doesn't happen, you get over it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6