'Let It Go' Singer, Idina Menzel and Kirsten Bell May Reprise 'Frozen' Roles in Broadway, Elsa and Ana Live
By Annie Dee | April 29, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Idina Menzel not only wants to lend her voice to the animation character Queen Elsa in Disney's record-breaking animated movie, "Frozen" but also play her in person. The Cosmopolitan reported that when Idina was asked if she wants to reprise her role in the movie's Broadway adaptation, Menzel could not contain her excitement about the prospect; especially that she is already a Broadway veteran.
American actress/singer Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs have split after ten years of marriage. (Reuters)
"Yes! Sure! Absolutely!" said Menzel at Variety's Power of Women luncheon. The singer-actress is currently starring in musical "If/Then."
Frozen allowed the Tony-winning actress to enjoy her first award for a mainstream project. "Frozen's" smash hit "Let It Go" won Best Song Oscar last month and Menzel was very happy about lending her vocals to this song. "It was such a dream of mine to be in the Disney family and become an animated queen," Menzel told Cosmo.
If Menzel is head over heels in love with her animated character that she wants to take on the role for Broadway, not everyone wants her to be, even her own kid.. The actress jokingly shared to Cosmo how her 4-year-old son Walker does not want to play the Ice Queen. Rather, baby Walker wants mommy "dress up like the Michael Jackson zombie from Thriller."
Aside from Menzel, Kristen Bell is also very open and excited about the idea of her role as Princess Anna on Broadway. "Everybody in Frozen is a Broadway veteran so I certainly hope they try and wrangle us," Bell shared to EW Radio.
Whether or not she will get the chance to revive the role of Elsa on Broadway, Menzel would rather not sweat it. She has way too many good things happening around her that she does not want to be worrying about anything anymore. She has a way of thinking when it comes to the future. In an early interview, she shared. "I'm always afraid to hope for something because I don't want to be disappointed," Menzel said in the interview. "Instead of worrying, why not enjoy the idea of the positive outcome, and if it doesn't happen, you get over it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money