'Let It Go' Singer, Idina Menzel and Kirsten Bell May Reprise 'Frozen' Roles in Broadway, Elsa and Ana Live
By Annie Dee | April 29, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Idina Menzel not only wants to lend her voice to the animation character Queen Elsa in Disney's record-breaking animated movie, "Frozen" but also play her in person. The Cosmopolitan reported that when Idina was asked if she wants to reprise her role in the movie's Broadway adaptation, Menzel could not contain her excitement about the prospect; especially that she is already a Broadway veteran.
American actress/singer Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs have split after ten years of marriage. (Reuters)
"Yes! Sure! Absolutely!" said Menzel at Variety's Power of Women luncheon. The singer-actress is currently starring in musical "If/Then."
Frozen allowed the Tony-winning actress to enjoy her first award for a mainstream project. "Frozen's" smash hit "Let It Go" won Best Song Oscar last month and Menzel was very happy about lending her vocals to this song. "It was such a dream of mine to be in the Disney family and become an animated queen," Menzel told Cosmo.
If Menzel is head over heels in love with her animated character that she wants to take on the role for Broadway, not everyone wants her to be, even her own kid.. The actress jokingly shared to Cosmo how her 4-year-old son Walker does not want to play the Ice Queen. Rather, baby Walker wants mommy "dress up like the Michael Jackson zombie from Thriller."
Aside from Menzel, Kristen Bell is also very open and excited about the idea of her role as Princess Anna on Broadway. "Everybody in Frozen is a Broadway veteran so I certainly hope they try and wrangle us," Bell shared to EW Radio.
Whether or not she will get the chance to revive the role of Elsa on Broadway, Menzel would rather not sweat it. She has way too many good things happening around her that she does not want to be worrying about anything anymore. She has a way of thinking when it comes to the future. In an early interview, she shared. "I'm always afraid to hope for something because I don't want to be disappointed," Menzel said in the interview. "Instead of worrying, why not enjoy the idea of the positive outcome, and if it doesn't happen, you get over it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown