Manchester United Transfer News: Schalke Defender Claims 'Official' Offer from Red Devils
By Deepak Vikraman | April 29, 2014 2:22 PM EST
Manchester United have reportedly identified a potential successor to Patrice Evra, and it is not Southampton left-back Luke Shaw.
Schalke defender Sead Kolasinac has claimed to have received an "official" offer from United, with the left-back admitting he is considering his options.
"It is true me and my club both got an official offer from Manchester United," Kolasinac told Bosnian newspaper Dnevni Avaz. "But at this moment I wouldn't like to talk much about this.
"My manager knows all about this offer from England and together we will think and then make a decision. I will take my time, I will not hurry.
"I have to think seriously about an offer like that and of course the Schalke board have to think about it."
Kolasinac has been quite impressive for the German club this season, and at 20 can only get better.
United were thought to be on the verge of sealing a deal for England international Shaw, with a £30 million deal reportedly in place for the left-back who won a place in the PFA English Premier League Team of the Year.
Shaw, who is still only 18, is seen as the next long-term England left-back and United will do well to seal his signing. Kolasinac also provides a good alternative, with it looking increasingly likely that Evra might move on, or only stay another year.
When asked about United's interest in him, Shaw admitted to being flattered by the links, but also revealed he would be more than happy to stay with the Saints.
"It's a good thing to be linked with them, but I don't concentrate on that, I've got football to focus on," Shaw said.
"Yeah of course [I'd be happy to remain with Southampton], I've said it a number of times, it's a great club and I'm still young and have a lot to learn."
Louis Van Gaal is thought to be close to becoming the new manager at United, and it will be interesting to see just how the Dutchman uses the reported £100 million he will have at his disposal in the summer transfer window.
Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward will have to do the bulk of the job, if Van Gaal is indeed named the new manager, with the former Ajax and Bayern Munich boss, set to be busy with the Netherlands national team at the World Cup until mid July.
The likes of Edinson Cavani and Cesc Fabregas have again been linked with summer moves, and United, no doubt, after last summer's fiasco, will want to seal their priority signings as soon as possible.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements