Ariana Grande's ‘Problem’ Twitter Reactions to Her New Number 1 Single
By Riza Ornos | April 29, 2014 2:03 PM EST
An hour after it was officially released, Ariana Grande's new single "Problem" from her sophomore album has skyrocketed into the number one spot on iTunes. Based on pre-orders alone, "Problem" featuring Iggy Azalea is already on the number nine spot on the main iTunes US chart before it was released.
Ariana Grande performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles
The new number 1 song proved that Grande is not just a one hit wonder as she released her lead single of her sophomore album. Released under Republic Records, "Problem" was written by the Australian rapper, Ilya, Max Martin and Savan Kotecha.
A follow up from her hit debut album "Yours Truly," Grande started working on her second album and decided to use "Problem" as her carrier single. Premiered during the 2014 Radio Disney Music Awards and officially released on April 28, the song is "an odd blend of '90s pop and current urban trends" according to Idolator.
After the annual awards show, iTunes made the digital download available hours before the expected release time. The album sexy cover features the 20-year-old songstress wearing a knee high boots as she sits seductively while touching her hair. According to rumours, the Nickelodeon star is trying to stay away from her wholesome image hence the sexy album cover.
The sexy debut recently broke the record that was previously held by Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together." Swift's record took 50 minutes to reach the number one spot while Grande's "Problem" only took 40 minutes to claim its rightful place.
"Head in the clouds got no weight in my shoulders," the "Sam & Cat" star sings with her trademark high register. "I should be wiser and realize that I've got one less problem without you."
An iTune user named Yasss Queens by $even gave the song five stars and wrote: "This song will slay, new spring/summer jam!! I can't wait to hear it!! I'm gonna save my money for this, I really hope this song goes in the top 10 charts and stay there! Iggy & Ariana deserve all the success that they are getting they both are really talented, I'm so looking forward to Ariana's new album, if you don't like this, then you must get your ears checked. :)"
just got word that Problem is currently #1 on iTunes in 40+ countries & top 10 in 60. thank u loves for making it possible. this is surreal!
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) April 28, 2014
Here are some of Twitter reactions on Ariana Grande's "Problem"
@ArianaGrande PROBLEM IS JUST TOO PERFECT IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU ARIANA
"problem wasn't that great" "problem is such a bad song" "why do you even like ariana grande" #BuyProblemOniTunes pic.twitter.com/P0QmdN6z4B — (@butxraflies) April 29, 2014
— janine (@janinebucks) April 29, 2014
for the record I've listened to ariana grande's new song problem at least 3 billion times today just saying — Landon Romano (@landonromano) April 29, 2014
— AllyBrooke Hernandez (@AllyBrooke) April 29, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown