Ariana Grande's ‘Problem’ Twitter Reactions to Her New Number 1 Single
By Riza Ornos | April 29, 2014 2:03 PM EST
An hour after it was officially released, Ariana Grande's new single "Problem" from her sophomore album has skyrocketed into the number one spot on iTunes. Based on pre-orders alone, "Problem" featuring Iggy Azalea is already on the number nine spot on the main iTunes US chart before it was released.
Ariana Grande performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles
The new number 1 song proved that Grande is not just a one hit wonder as she released her lead single of her sophomore album. Released under Republic Records, "Problem" was written by the Australian rapper, Ilya, Max Martin and Savan Kotecha.
A follow up from her hit debut album "Yours Truly," Grande started working on her second album and decided to use "Problem" as her carrier single. Premiered during the 2014 Radio Disney Music Awards and officially released on April 28, the song is "an odd blend of '90s pop and current urban trends" according to Idolator.
After the annual awards show, iTunes made the digital download available hours before the expected release time. The album sexy cover features the 20-year-old songstress wearing a knee high boots as she sits seductively while touching her hair. According to rumours, the Nickelodeon star is trying to stay away from her wholesome image hence the sexy album cover.
The sexy debut recently broke the record that was previously held by Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together." Swift's record took 50 minutes to reach the number one spot while Grande's "Problem" only took 40 minutes to claim its rightful place.
"Head in the clouds got no weight in my shoulders," the "Sam & Cat" star sings with her trademark high register. "I should be wiser and realize that I've got one less problem without you."
An iTune user named Yasss Queens by $even gave the song five stars and wrote: "This song will slay, new spring/summer jam!! I can't wait to hear it!! I'm gonna save my money for this, I really hope this song goes in the top 10 charts and stay there! Iggy & Ariana deserve all the success that they are getting they both are really talented, I'm so looking forward to Ariana's new album, if you don't like this, then you must get your ears checked. :)"
just got word that Problem is currently #1 on iTunes in 40+ countries & top 10 in 60. thank u loves for making it possible. this is surreal!
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) April 28, 2014
Here are some of Twitter reactions on Ariana Grande's "Problem"
@ArianaGrande PROBLEM IS JUST TOO PERFECT IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU ARIANA
"problem wasn't that great" "problem is such a bad song" "why do you even like ariana grande" #BuyProblemOniTunes pic.twitter.com/P0QmdN6z4B — (@butxraflies) April 29, 2014
— janine (@janinebucks) April 29, 2014
for the record I've listened to ariana grande's new song problem at least 3 billion times today just saying — Landon Romano (@landonromano) April 29, 2014
— AllyBrooke Hernandez (@AllyBrooke) April 29, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate