Samsung Galaxy Core 2 (Dual SIM) – Specifications, Features, Price and Release Date
By Pavithra Rathinavel | April 29, 2014 1:37 PM EST
Samsung launched the Galaxy Core series only last year; this series is still popular and in-demand among the mid-range segment. The Galaxy Core series have several versions targeting the affordable price-range market and it comes with a standard screen-size range of 4.3 inches.
Along with Galaxy Core Plus, Galaxy Core LTE and Galaxy Core Advance, we now have Galaxy Core 2, the successor of the core series ready to be released shortly. Here is a set of information about the specification and features from Samsung's new Galaxy Core 2.
Apparently there are two variants in Galaxy Core 2; one being the entry level handset and the other is a dual SIM variant. The image of the new Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Dual SIM (SM-G355H) can be viewed from the Russian website Hi-Tech Mail.
According to the leaked information, the Galaxy Core 2 will sport a slightly bigger 4.5 inches screen with 800 x 480 pixels resolution. The handset has LCD capacitive touch screen display, powered by a quad-core processor clocked at 1.2 GHz. And it is expected to run on Android 4.4 (KitKat).
The Core 2 supports Dual SIM, 5 MP primary camera with LED Flash and a VGA (0.3 MP) front-facing camera which is in-line with the first Galaxy Core smartphone. In addition, the camera will support autofocus, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection. The smartphone would house a much lesser 512MB of RAM and a 4GB of internal storage.
It is worth noting that, the leaked information regarding the RAM could be incorrect, because, all the versions of Galaxy Core released so far have been housing 1 GB of RAM and hence it is only a matter of time before we get the actual specs from Samsung, hopefully, there is a 1 GB of RAM instead of the 512 MB with this new device.
Price & Launch Date
The Samsung Galaxy Core 2 is expected to be priced around 9990 Russian Rubles which roughly translates to AU$301 and US$278.
This phone will be on sale from 20th May, 2014 in Russia. According to FoneArena, the Russian press image shows a release date of 1st June in London. This handset is expected to be announced and launched world-wide by Samsung in the coming weeks.
Specifications (Quick View)
- 4.5 inches (800 x 480 pixels) screen
- 9.8mm thickness
- 138 grams of weight
- Dual SIM support (Dual stand-by)
- Android v4.4 KitKat OS
- 1.2 GHz quad-core processor (Likely, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset)
- 5MP main camera (LED Flash)
- 0.3MP (VGA) front-facing camera
- 512MB RAM (Likely to change to 1 GB)
- 4 GB internal storage,
- Expandable up to 64GB with microSD card support
- 2000 mAh battery
- Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS
- microUSB v2.0 support
- Color: White
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More