MacBook Air Retina Vies to be the Slimmest Laptop?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 29, 2014 1:28 PM EST
The rumoured MacBook Air with Retina Display aims to be the thinnest laptop in the market, according to a report.
Apple will make the new MacBook Air as the thinnest laptop to shake things up in the market. Motoring Crunch reported that the MacBook Air will pack a brand new design. The fan from the machine will be removed that would make it the slimmest ever.
MacBook Air Mid 2012
This report was backed up by the claims of reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities who said that the MacBook Air will be "lighter and slimmer" than the current model fit to make it more portable. He added that the device will still pack a physical keyboard and modified trackpad and will be completed with Apple's impressive high-res display.
Apple has in store a lot of things in the upcoming laptop. MacBook Air will finally get the Retina display just like its brothers. Retina Display has been packed in various Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro. Now, MacBook Air will finally join the line-up.
Reports suggest that the new MacBook Air with Retina Display will also pack a screen size of 12 inches. The laptop will still have a clamshell form factor and will still skip the disk drive like the current 11-inch and 13-inch MacBook Air.
It is unnatural for Apple to squeeze in a lot of new stuff in its products but it seemed that the company will give its laptop line a facelift this year and will revamp its devices.
Meanwhile, Christian Post cited reliable analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities, who said that the Cupertino-based giant is prepping up to release the new MacBook Air line with Retina Display at the imminent Worldwide Developers' Conference in June.
Apple still has not confirmed the release date of the new laptop but the tablet will be announced alongside a new mobile operating system - iOS 8 and other devices such as the upgraded MacBook Pro and new iMac.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists