Shakira and Gerard Pique on the Same Wavelength, No Room for Male-Dominant or Female-Dominant Relationship
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 29, 2014 1:27 PM EST
Shakira and her partner FC Barcelona star Gerard Pique are on the same wavelength. Contrary to previous statements she made about Pique being "territorial," Shakira reveals in a new interview that there is no room for a male-dominant or female-dominant relationship because both of them achieve equality in their bond.
Colombian singer Shakira and Barcelona's soccer player Gerard Pique (R) pose during a photocall presenting her new album "Shakira" in Barcelona March 20, 2014. REUTERS/Albert Gea
It seems that Shakira couldn't stop clarifying the recent statements she made about her partner Pique. In March, Shakira dissed that Pique was not allowing her to make music videos with sexy men anymore. Then, the Latina singer made headlines again after she also banned Pique from working with models too. Shakira had already explained on her Facebook page that the previous statements she made about Pique wasn't really genuine, and she was quite surprised how the media took them very seriously.
Shakira graced the cover of Ocean Drive magazine as the "Woman of Influence," where she further delved on the topic of her relationship with Pique, E! Online reported. She said that a certain relationship has to have two people who are willing to give and take to be able to flourish in the long run. "Relationships have to have a give and take if they're going to work in the long term," Shakira said. She addressed the comments she made on Pique for the nth time and revealed she was just making fun when she said those words. "It's funny, when I made those comments." According to the "The Voice" coach, she wasn't even serious then.
"It was really in a lighthearted, humorous way."
"I was surprised to see that it was taken so seriously in the press."
Shakira said that Pique doesn't even tell her to do things. "Gerard doesn't tell me what to do." She revealed that both of them talk about everything as a couple. "We have a beautiful relationship and one of mutual trust."
Of course, it sounds better and way more calming for couples to sit down and discuss everything than hear each other nag or get jealous over the littlest things.
Meanwhile, Shakira was given the "Hero Award" at the 2014 Radio Disney Music Awards. She was honoured for her passion and dedication to support education in her native country Colombia. Shakira was in attendance to accept the award and thanked everyone for the accolade.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight