Shakira and Gerard Pique on the Same Wavelength, No Room for Male-Dominant or Female-Dominant Relationship
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 29, 2014 1:27 PM EST
Shakira and her partner FC Barcelona star Gerard Pique are on the same wavelength. Contrary to previous statements she made about Pique being "territorial," Shakira reveals in a new interview that there is no room for a male-dominant or female-dominant relationship because both of them achieve equality in their bond.
Colombian singer Shakira and Barcelona's soccer player Gerard Pique (R) pose during a photocall presenting her new album "Shakira" in Barcelona March 20, 2014. REUTERS/Albert Gea
It seems that Shakira couldn't stop clarifying the recent statements she made about her partner Pique. In March, Shakira dissed that Pique was not allowing her to make music videos with sexy men anymore. Then, the Latina singer made headlines again after she also banned Pique from working with models too. Shakira had already explained on her Facebook page that the previous statements she made about Pique wasn't really genuine, and she was quite surprised how the media took them very seriously.
Shakira graced the cover of Ocean Drive magazine as the "Woman of Influence," where she further delved on the topic of her relationship with Pique, E! Online reported. She said that a certain relationship has to have two people who are willing to give and take to be able to flourish in the long run. "Relationships have to have a give and take if they're going to work in the long term," Shakira said. She addressed the comments she made on Pique for the nth time and revealed she was just making fun when she said those words. "It's funny, when I made those comments." According to the "The Voice" coach, she wasn't even serious then.
"It was really in a lighthearted, humorous way."
"I was surprised to see that it was taken so seriously in the press."
Shakira said that Pique doesn't even tell her to do things. "Gerard doesn't tell me what to do." She revealed that both of them talk about everything as a couple. "We have a beautiful relationship and one of mutual trust."
Of course, it sounds better and way more calming for couples to sit down and discuss everything than hear each other nag or get jealous over the littlest things.
Meanwhile, Shakira was given the "Hero Award" at the 2014 Radio Disney Music Awards. She was honoured for her passion and dedication to support education in her native country Colombia. Shakira was in attendance to accept the award and thanked everyone for the accolade.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Claims that Fabregas will Play Best Football Under Him
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015