Shakira and Gerard Pique on the Same Wavelength, No Room for Male-Dominant or Female-Dominant Relationship
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 29, 2014 1:27 PM EST
Shakira and her partner FC Barcelona star Gerard Pique are on the same wavelength. Contrary to previous statements she made about Pique being "territorial," Shakira reveals in a new interview that there is no room for a male-dominant or female-dominant relationship because both of them achieve equality in their bond.
Colombian singer Shakira and Barcelona's soccer player Gerard Pique (R) pose during a photocall presenting her new album "Shakira" in Barcelona March 20, 2014. REUTERS/Albert Gea
It seems that Shakira couldn't stop clarifying the recent statements she made about her partner Pique. In March, Shakira dissed that Pique was not allowing her to make music videos with sexy men anymore. Then, the Latina singer made headlines again after she also banned Pique from working with models too. Shakira had already explained on her Facebook page that the previous statements she made about Pique wasn't really genuine, and she was quite surprised how the media took them very seriously.
Shakira graced the cover of Ocean Drive magazine as the "Woman of Influence," where she further delved on the topic of her relationship with Pique, E! Online reported. She said that a certain relationship has to have two people who are willing to give and take to be able to flourish in the long run. "Relationships have to have a give and take if they're going to work in the long term," Shakira said. She addressed the comments she made on Pique for the nth time and revealed she was just making fun when she said those words. "It's funny, when I made those comments." According to the "The Voice" coach, she wasn't even serious then.
"It was really in a lighthearted, humorous way."
"I was surprised to see that it was taken so seriously in the press."
Shakira said that Pique doesn't even tell her to do things. "Gerard doesn't tell me what to do." She revealed that both of them talk about everything as a couple. "We have a beautiful relationship and one of mutual trust."
Of course, it sounds better and way more calming for couples to sit down and discuss everything than hear each other nag or get jealous over the littlest things.
Meanwhile, Shakira was given the "Hero Award" at the 2014 Radio Disney Music Awards. She was honoured for her passion and dedication to support education in her native country Colombia. Shakira was in attendance to accept the award and thanked everyone for the accolade.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks