Arsenal FC News: Gunners Key Attacker Won't Make Full Recovery Before Upcoming Season
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 29, 2014 1:23 PM EST
Arsenal attacker Theo Walcott will not be able to make a full recovery from his injury before the upcoming season begins.
The England international tore his anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee against Tottenham Hotspur in January in an FA Cup clash.
Arsenal forward Theo Walcott is carried off on a stretcher during the FA Cup third round match against Tottenham, January 4
It's quite unfortunate since it was just over a month back then since he recovered from a blow to his abdomen that kept him out for two months - from September to November last year - but the 25-year-old remains optimistic and believes that he will be able to take to the pitch, although, slowly but surely.
"It's nearly been four months now and my recovery has gone on track so far," said the former Southampton man.
"I don't see any point in being down in the dumps about the injury because it's already happened and there are a lot of people with worse problems in the world. I'll just get on with my work - I'm first in and last out on most days. I see the consultant soon, too, and hopefully he'll give me the thumbs up to push on. I'd love to be running in a few weeks."
"I'm not pushing myself to be fit for the World Cup or anything like that. I want to be back quickly, of course, but safely, too. I want to try and be back for the early part of next season. That's the goal so there will be a lot of hard work throughout the summer and during the World Cup."
The Gunners' form have suffered from the long-term effects brought about by injuries to key midfield players like Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Alex Chamberlain, and Walcott, among others, in the ongoing term.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter