Arsenal FC News: Gunners Key Attacker Won't Make Full Recovery Before Upcoming Season
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 29, 2014 1:23 PM EST
Arsenal attacker Theo Walcott will not be able to make a full recovery from his injury before the upcoming season begins.
The England international tore his anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee against Tottenham Hotspur in January in an FA Cup clash.
Arsenal forward Theo Walcott is carried off on a stretcher during the FA Cup third round match against Tottenham, January 4
It's quite unfortunate since it was just over a month back then since he recovered from a blow to his abdomen that kept him out for two months - from September to November last year - but the 25-year-old remains optimistic and believes that he will be able to take to the pitch, although, slowly but surely.
"It's nearly been four months now and my recovery has gone on track so far," said the former Southampton man.
"I don't see any point in being down in the dumps about the injury because it's already happened and there are a lot of people with worse problems in the world. I'll just get on with my work - I'm first in and last out on most days. I see the consultant soon, too, and hopefully he'll give me the thumbs up to push on. I'd love to be running in a few weeks."
"I'm not pushing myself to be fit for the World Cup or anything like that. I want to be back quickly, of course, but safely, too. I want to try and be back for the early part of next season. That's the goal so there will be a lot of hard work throughout the summer and during the World Cup."
The Gunners' form have suffered from the long-term effects brought about by injuries to key midfield players like Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Alex Chamberlain, and Walcott, among others, in the ongoing term.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed