Arsenal FC News: Gunners Key Attacker Won't Make Full Recovery Before Upcoming Season
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 29, 2014 1:23 PM EST
Arsenal attacker Theo Walcott will not be able to make a full recovery from his injury before the upcoming season begins.
The England international tore his anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee against Tottenham Hotspur in January in an FA Cup clash.
Arsenal forward Theo Walcott is carried off on a stretcher during the FA Cup third round match against Tottenham, January 4
It's quite unfortunate since it was just over a month back then since he recovered from a blow to his abdomen that kept him out for two months - from September to November last year - but the 25-year-old remains optimistic and believes that he will be able to take to the pitch, although, slowly but surely.
"It's nearly been four months now and my recovery has gone on track so far," said the former Southampton man.
"I don't see any point in being down in the dumps about the injury because it's already happened and there are a lot of people with worse problems in the world. I'll just get on with my work - I'm first in and last out on most days. I see the consultant soon, too, and hopefully he'll give me the thumbs up to push on. I'd love to be running in a few weeks."
"I'm not pushing myself to be fit for the World Cup or anything like that. I want to be back quickly, of course, but safely, too. I want to try and be back for the early part of next season. That's the goal so there will be a lot of hard work throughout the summer and during the World Cup."
The Gunners' form have suffered from the long-term effects brought about by injuries to key midfield players like Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Alex Chamberlain, and Walcott, among others, in the ongoing term.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop