Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS Update for Nexus 4, 5, 7, and 10 to Roll Out Next Month
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 29, 2014 1:04 PM EST
Nexus devices owners will be delighted with the news that the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS update will roll out next month.
Aside from Nexus devices, the report cited well-known HTC developer LlabTooFer. According to a post on his blog the Android 4.4.3 update will be released to the HTC One M8 Google Play Edition and One M7 Google Play Edition in May - June.
The Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS update seemed to be released soon as proofs emerged that the new OS was spotted in various places many times.
First, US carrier Sprint announced that it will roll out the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS update dubbed as KTU84F to its Nexus 5 handsets on Apr. 21. However, the network took back their word and said that the update has issues that needs to be fixed.
"Important Note: Due to an issue with the software, this update has been put on hold. Will update this post as soon as the rollout resumes to Google Nexus 5 Software Update - KTU84F" was posted on Sprint's website.
Moreover, the new software version labelled "KTU72.S1.3013" was also spotted in the Google Play Edition of Sony Xperia Z Ultra. KTU72 is an Android 4.4.3-specific build. Unfortunately, except for the fact that the new update will arrive on most Nexus experience handsets, the Bluetooth SIG listing does not offer more information about the new firmware.
The changelog of the upcoming update has not been released yet by the search engine giant. However, reports claimed that the OS update will bring fix to the bugs and issues brought about by the 4.4.2 version of Kitkat.
Moreover, the update was claimed to address Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity issuses, random reboots, USB debugging and VPN problems, among others. The latest update will bring bug fixes mostly and will not bring any new features to the devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]