iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 Release Date in Q3 to Pack TouchID Fingerprint Sensor
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 29, 2014 12:55 PM EST
GottaBeMobile reported the next generation of Apple's tablets may be following the footsteps of its brother iPhone 5S. According to the few lines of code in iOS 7.1, reports claimed iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3 will pack a touchID sensor.
The fingerprint sensor is one of the much awaited features in the upcoming Apple tablets. This feature is anticipated since the release of the current models in October 2013, especially since iPhone 5S was released a month earlier. It is most likely that the new feature will arrive in this year's tablet.
The sensor has become popular because of the convenience it offers when unlocking your device and purchasing apps in the iTunes App Store. This report was seconded by reliable Apple Analyst Ming Chi Kuo of KGI Securities.
He believed the upgraded iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini with Retina display will pack the security feature. He added in his research note to investors that the tablets will be released earlier than its previous launch date in October. Meanwhile, Macrumors reported iPad Air 2 will also pack an A8 processor and an improved 8MP back camera.
In the previous week, reported images of iPad Air 2 emerged online and revealed the screen display of the device will be fused with the front panel. This was the same to what Apple has done with iPhone and the display integration will make the device thinner than the current iPad Air.
Although the integration of the screen display will yield to a slimmer built of iPad Air, Apple could also make use of the space to add features or improve the battery of the device. The battery life of the current iPad Air did not get as much attention and focus as the company worked on the software side of the tablet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery