PS4 News: DriveClub Finally Gets Updates and Augmented Reality Gets a Demo
By Gel Galang | April 29, 2014 12:29 PM EST
After all the delays and the speculations of what's happening with the PS4 exclusive title DriveClub, new details have been teased by developer Evolution for Sony's racing game.
"We're still working hard and we know you want news about DriveClub. Expect a release date, details + new videos in the weeks to come," said the developers in the official DriveClub Twitter, as quoted by NowGamer.
So far this is the newest batch of news to come about DriveClub, and it is a good bit of news for those who have been waiting for the game for long. Previously, Evolution has also assured fans that the possibility of microtransactions, a model that has started to appear for next-gen games, will not be part of the DriveClub game.
CVG previously reported the tweet from Paul Rustchynsky, design director for the game, who had responded that DriveClub will be "absolutely" free from microtransactions.
With promises of the game being "worth the wait," hopefully DriveClub will deliver to the promise, as it is one of the most anticipated games coming out for the PS4.
Augmented reality with Sony
So far, any news related to augmented reality is always linked back to either Oculus Rift or Sony's own Project Morpheus.
But it seems that there is more up Sony's sleeve in the augmented reality department than the VR headset, but it seems that the additional technology may make an appearance on the PS4 someday.
A recognizable aspect in the video, aside from the reappearance of rubber duck demos is Hatsune Miku, where it seems like she's making a shadow on the onscreen floor. It's interesting how the interaction between the characters and the actual person in the living room is happening. Even more interesting would be the implications of these new technologies for the PS4.
As far as augmented reality is concerned, Sony has only made Project Morpheus the official tech that's coming for the PS4, but if this teaser is anything to go by, augmented reality technology and interactive games like these may make the games selection more interesting in the future.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- LG G Flex vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- 'Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare' Details Exo Suit Options As A Potential Movie Leak Gets Spotted
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015