Gaming News: 'PvZ Garden Warfare' Microtransactions and PC Version, 'Destiny’s' New Teasers and Bethesda’s 'Wolfenstein' Gameplay
By Gel Galang | April 29, 2014 12:27 PM EST
"Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" is adding microtransactions for better and easier access to the content in the game, following the debut of the Zomboss DLC.
The Sticker Shop will be boasting in-game currency to allow for purchasing. It seems that the rationale behind this lies on giving players the chance to get new packs and characters in the game.
While there is the growing trend of microtransactions and possibility of games becoming a who's-the-richer standing, Digital Trends reports just because players do start paying via microtransactions doesn't mean that the cream of the crop is already at their fingertips. Players will still have to buy a sticker pack and expose themselves to the luck of the draw.
In addition to this, "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" will also be debuting on the PC come June 24. Pre-orders are already available for $35 over at Origin. Buyers will get two sticker packs, 80,000 in-game coins and character customisation options.
There's also the Standard Edition, which only contains the two sticker packs for only $30.
'Destiny': The State of the Game, So Far
As though to make up for all the times that Bungie has been more quiet than desired when it comes to its upcoming shooter game "Destiny," the developer had teased a number of videos and screenshots pertaining to the game.
DualShockers found the different teasers which lets gamers sneak a peek on the effects and see the Fallen Captain in the clip. A couple more teasers are included. They mostly showcase battle scenes. The latest one is a short look at the missions on Earth, but gamers do get a feel of the game's overall vibe.
Hit the link for a variety of gameplay videos, teasers and screens.
Bethesda Releases 20 Minutes of 'Wolfenstein' Gameplay
There's now 20 more minutes of new gameplay coming out for Bethesda's Wolfenstein: The New Order, this time consisting of gameplay footage.
(Credit: YouTube/Bethesda Softworks)
Ausgamers reports that most of the video has already been seen—except for those who opted to avoid previous releases for any and every spoiler—but there will be another livestream gameplay coming. This is scheduled for May 19, is just a day before the game is released on the Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones