Gaming News: 'PvZ Garden Warfare' Microtransactions and PC Version, 'Destiny’s' New Teasers and Bethesda’s 'Wolfenstein' Gameplay
By Gel Galang | April 29, 2014 12:27 PM EST
"Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" is adding microtransactions for better and easier access to the content in the game, following the debut of the Zomboss DLC.
The Sticker Shop will be boasting in-game currency to allow for purchasing. It seems that the rationale behind this lies on giving players the chance to get new packs and characters in the game.
While there is the growing trend of microtransactions and possibility of games becoming a who's-the-richer standing, Digital Trends reports just because players do start paying via microtransactions doesn't mean that the cream of the crop is already at their fingertips. Players will still have to buy a sticker pack and expose themselves to the luck of the draw.
In addition to this, "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" will also be debuting on the PC come June 24. Pre-orders are already available for $35 over at Origin. Buyers will get two sticker packs, 80,000 in-game coins and character customisation options.
There's also the Standard Edition, which only contains the two sticker packs for only $30.
'Destiny': The State of the Game, So Far
As though to make up for all the times that Bungie has been more quiet than desired when it comes to its upcoming shooter game "Destiny," the developer had teased a number of videos and screenshots pertaining to the game.
DualShockers found the different teasers which lets gamers sneak a peek on the effects and see the Fallen Captain in the clip. A couple more teasers are included. They mostly showcase battle scenes. The latest one is a short look at the missions on Earth, but gamers do get a feel of the game's overall vibe.
Hit the link for a variety of gameplay videos, teasers and screens.
Bethesda Releases 20 Minutes of 'Wolfenstein' Gameplay
There's now 20 more minutes of new gameplay coming out for Bethesda's Wolfenstein: The New Order, this time consisting of gameplay footage.
(Credit: YouTube/Bethesda Softworks)
Ausgamers reports that most of the video has already been seen—except for those who opted to avoid previous releases for any and every spoiler—but there will be another livestream gameplay coming. This is scheduled for May 19, is just a day before the game is released on the Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related