Gaming News: 'PvZ Garden Warfare' Microtransactions and PC Version, 'Destiny’s' New Teasers and Bethesda’s 'Wolfenstein' Gameplay
By Gel Galang | April 29, 2014 12:27 PM EST
"Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" is adding microtransactions for better and easier access to the content in the game, following the debut of the Zomboss DLC.
The Sticker Shop will be boasting in-game currency to allow for purchasing. It seems that the rationale behind this lies on giving players the chance to get new packs and characters in the game.
While there is the growing trend of microtransactions and possibility of games becoming a who's-the-richer standing, Digital Trends reports just because players do start paying via microtransactions doesn't mean that the cream of the crop is already at their fingertips. Players will still have to buy a sticker pack and expose themselves to the luck of the draw.
In addition to this, "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" will also be debuting on the PC come June 24. Pre-orders are already available for $35 over at Origin. Buyers will get two sticker packs, 80,000 in-game coins and character customisation options.
There's also the Standard Edition, which only contains the two sticker packs for only $30.
'Destiny': The State of the Game, So Far
As though to make up for all the times that Bungie has been more quiet than desired when it comes to its upcoming shooter game "Destiny," the developer had teased a number of videos and screenshots pertaining to the game.
DualShockers found the different teasers which lets gamers sneak a peek on the effects and see the Fallen Captain in the clip. A couple more teasers are included. They mostly showcase battle scenes. The latest one is a short look at the missions on Earth, but gamers do get a feel of the game's overall vibe.
Hit the link for a variety of gameplay videos, teasers and screens.
Bethesda Releases 20 Minutes of 'Wolfenstein' Gameplay
There's now 20 more minutes of new gameplay coming out for Bethesda's Wolfenstein: The New Order, this time consisting of gameplay footage.
(Credit: YouTube/Bethesda Softworks)
Ausgamers reports that most of the video has already been seen—except for those who opted to avoid previous releases for any and every spoiler—but there will be another livestream gameplay coming. This is scheduled for May 19, is just a day before the game is released on the Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Sony Xperia E1 Dual Android 4.4.2 KitKat 20.1.B.0.60 Certified by PTCRB; Transfer Apps to SD Card Possible
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520: How to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan Update for Preview for Developers
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- HTC One M8: Red and Pink Colour Choices Confirmed in the UK, Pre-Orders on Android Smartphone Now Available with Free Dot View Case
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide