Gaming News: 'PvZ Garden Warfare' Microtransactions and PC Version, 'Destiny’s' New Teasers and Bethesda’s 'Wolfenstein' Gameplay
By Gel Galang | April 29, 2014 12:27 PM EST
"Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" is adding microtransactions for better and easier access to the content in the game, following the debut of the Zomboss DLC.
The Sticker Shop will be boasting in-game currency to allow for purchasing. It seems that the rationale behind this lies on giving players the chance to get new packs and characters in the game.
While there is the growing trend of microtransactions and possibility of games becoming a who's-the-richer standing, Digital Trends reports just because players do start paying via microtransactions doesn't mean that the cream of the crop is already at their fingertips. Players will still have to buy a sticker pack and expose themselves to the luck of the draw.
In addition to this, "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" will also be debuting on the PC come June 24. Pre-orders are already available for $35 over at Origin. Buyers will get two sticker packs, 80,000 in-game coins and character customisation options.
There's also the Standard Edition, which only contains the two sticker packs for only $30.
'Destiny': The State of the Game, So Far
As though to make up for all the times that Bungie has been more quiet than desired when it comes to its upcoming shooter game "Destiny," the developer had teased a number of videos and screenshots pertaining to the game.
DualShockers found the different teasers which lets gamers sneak a peek on the effects and see the Fallen Captain in the clip. A couple more teasers are included. They mostly showcase battle scenes. The latest one is a short look at the missions on Earth, but gamers do get a feel of the game's overall vibe.
Hit the link for a variety of gameplay videos, teasers and screens.
Bethesda Releases 20 Minutes of 'Wolfenstein' Gameplay
There's now 20 more minutes of new gameplay coming out for Bethesda's Wolfenstein: The New Order, this time consisting of gameplay footage.
(Credit: YouTube/Bethesda Softworks)
Ausgamers reports that most of the video has already been seen—except for those who opted to avoid previous releases for any and every spoiler—but there will be another livestream gameplay coming. This is scheduled for May 19, is just a day before the game is released on the Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date