Gaming News: 'PvZ Garden Warfare' Microtransactions and PC Version, 'Destiny’s' New Teasers and Bethesda’s 'Wolfenstein' Gameplay
By Gel Galang | April 29, 2014 12:27 PM EST
"Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" is adding microtransactions for better and easier access to the content in the game, following the debut of the Zomboss DLC.
The Sticker Shop will be boasting in-game currency to allow for purchasing. It seems that the rationale behind this lies on giving players the chance to get new packs and characters in the game.
While there is the growing trend of microtransactions and possibility of games becoming a who's-the-richer standing, Digital Trends reports just because players do start paying via microtransactions doesn't mean that the cream of the crop is already at their fingertips. Players will still have to buy a sticker pack and expose themselves to the luck of the draw.
In addition to this, "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" will also be debuting on the PC come June 24. Pre-orders are already available for $35 over at Origin. Buyers will get two sticker packs, 80,000 in-game coins and character customisation options.
There's also the Standard Edition, which only contains the two sticker packs for only $30.
'Destiny': The State of the Game, So Far
As though to make up for all the times that Bungie has been more quiet than desired when it comes to its upcoming shooter game "Destiny," the developer had teased a number of videos and screenshots pertaining to the game.
DualShockers found the different teasers which lets gamers sneak a peek on the effects and see the Fallen Captain in the clip. A couple more teasers are included. They mostly showcase battle scenes. The latest one is a short look at the missions on Earth, but gamers do get a feel of the game's overall vibe.
Hit the link for a variety of gameplay videos, teasers and screens.
Bethesda Releases 20 Minutes of 'Wolfenstein' Gameplay
There's now 20 more minutes of new gameplay coming out for Bethesda's Wolfenstein: The New Order, this time consisting of gameplay footage.
(Credit: YouTube/Bethesda Softworks)
Ausgamers reports that most of the video has already been seen—except for those who opted to avoid previous releases for any and every spoiler—but there will be another livestream gameplay coming. This is scheduled for May 19, is just a day before the game is released on the Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales