New Games on PS4, Xbox One: 'Kingdom Hearts 3,' 'Final Fantasy 15' and Possible 'Mass Effect Trilogy'?
By Gel Galang | April 29, 2014 12:06 PM EST
"Kingdom Hearts 3" has been officially listed for the Xbox One, so the franchise's reach is definitely expanding beyond the PS4 additional market.
This was pretty much confirmed when the title was spotted on the official Japanese Xbox One page. What's more, the title isn't just a game that has higher resolution, as the teaser states that the next-gen platform hardware will be utilised to make the game really reflect the power of next-gen.
GameRanx reports that even though "Kingdom Hearts 3" has already been listed for the Xbox One, it's highly unlikely that the release date will also be on Sep 4, the expected release date for the Xbox One in Japan. It's more likely that it'll release alongside the PS4 version later, if not next year.
'Final Fantasy 15' Listed for PS4, Xbox One
More details have finally surfaced for "Final Fantasy 15" for the Xbox One and PS4, as plot and some gameplay details have been revealed.
VG 24/7 has spotted a report stating that the production page of "Final Fantasy 15" has already also been updated with images. Over at the PS4 Web site, it was stated that the battles for the upcoming game is an evolution of the previous games of the franchise to be more realistic and have a more seamless means of switching from field to combat.
Noctis will also be a playable hero, as well as switch with other characters, though the mechanics for this has not yet been revealed. The same goes for the Xbox One. Since both platforms are next-gen, it was hinted that there will be features taking advantage of the next-gen console specs, so users can expect advances in that area compared to the previous installments.
'Mass Effect Trilogy' Coming for Next-gen?
While the other two have been finalised listings of the games, a sighting over at a Chilean retail Web site is purely rumour at this point, but one that fans of the "Mass Effect" franchise may love.
CVG reports that the "Mass Effect Trilogy" has been spotted as a listing for the PS4 and Xbox One, though no confirmations have been made by Bioware.
There have been previous hints and plans to get the game on the next-gen platform. But with the developer busy with "Mass Effect 4," it may either be an anticipated listing or gamers may be in for a surprise.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage