Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One and Nexus Android 4.4.3 Release Date Announced? Top Features and Bug Fixes
By Precious Silva | April 29, 2014 12:05 PM EST
Google's Android 4.4.3 has been making the headlines for several weeks now. This is beneficial for Nexus users who have been experiencing issues with the previous Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. According to recent information, Google will roll out the new firmware to Nexus devices first. Likewise, the update will concentrate on bug fixes instead of adding new features. What can people expect and when can people start updating?
A Google Android figurine sits on the welcome desk as employee Tracy McNeilly smiles at the new Google office in Toronto, November 13, 2012.
According to a report by the Latin Post, the Android 4.4.3 update will arrive first to Nexus devices like the Nexus 4, 5, 7 and 10. Google Play edition handsets and other devices will follow suit. Google wants to address bugs and other problems in existing Android 4.4.2 system with the Android 4.4.3 update. Some problems the firmware update will address include random rebooting problems, LED issues, data connections and camera functions.
Similar to other Android updates, Google will roll out the firmware in stages. The first devices in line are the Nexus devices specifically the first and second generation Nexus 7, Nexus 4, Nexus 5 then the Nexus 10. Google Play gadgets will follow like the Motorola Moto X, Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One and Sony Xperia.
The roll out should begin this April or early May but Google has not provided additional details. Sprint released an update similar to Android 4.4.3 earlier but the company took down the firmware update for Nexus 5. There are no clear details as to why.
According to a blog post by LlabTooFer, HTC will be bringing the Android 4.4.3 to several devices. These include the HTC One M7 Google Play Edition and HTC One M8 Google Play Edition. According to the report, both devices will receive the update between May June.
The same report noted that the HTC One M8 will receive the Android 4.4.3 update together with Sense 6.0 around May or June. Users of HTC One M7 may have to extend their waiting period up to July.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 New Release Imminent as Apple Enters Mid-August Production with New 24-Karat Gold iPhone 6
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects