'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Ray Fisher Joins Upcoming Batman vs. Superman Film as Cyborg
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 29, 2014 12:03 PM EST
Get ready to meet another character joining the "Man of Steel 2" film as well as the actor portraying the part. The latest casting reports reveal that theater actor Ray Fisher landed the role of Cyborg or Victor Stone in the upcoming Batman vs. Superman movie as part of setting up the "Justice League of America" film.
According to the exclusive Variety report, Warner Bros. and DC Comics has been testing actors for the Cyborg role in the past few weeks until they found their choice in Ray Fisher but the studio has not given any comment yet to confirm or deny the reports. Unnamed sources in the report confirmed that Cyborg will have a minor part in "Man of Steel 2" but he will be a major character in the Justice League films that Warner Bros. and DC Comics develop.
According to the Comics Alliance report, Marv Wolfman and George Perez originally created Cyborg, the half-man and half-machine superhero as part of the "New Teen Titans" in the 1980s. British actor Henry Cavill, who portrays Superman, stated in the MTV report that the Cyborg character can "create an incredible bridge between superheroes and humanity."
The report also suggested that including Cyborg in the "Man of Steel 2" film is an indication that DC Comics took notice of the success of African-American superhero "The Falcon" in Marvel's "Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier."
Ray Fisher, whose work credits include portraying Muhammad Ali in the Broadway play "Fetch Clay, Make Man" and his recent testing for director J.J. Abrams' upcoming "Star Wars: Episode VII," will be joining an already star-studded cast that includes Henry Cavill (Superman), Ben Affleck (Batman), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Jesse Eisenberg (Lex Luthor), Jeremy Irons (Alfred Pennyworth), Diane Lane (Martha Kent) and Amy Adams (Lois Lane).
Zack Snyder returns to the director's chair for the "Man of Steel 2" filming production that is currently on the move in Michigan. The "Man of Steel" movie sequel, scripted by David S. Goyer and produced by Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder, is scheduled to hit movie theaters on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' News: Cast Member Diane Lane Reveals Camera Tests for Batman vs. Superman Film Kicked Off in Detroit - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Composer Hans Zimmer to Score the Upcoming Batman vs. Superman Film, Costume Reveal Likely to Happen in April or May - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Actress Holly Hunter to Portray Leslie Thompkins? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks