GodMother Dolly Parton Worried about Miley Cyrus: 'Stop Being So Drastic'
By Annie Dee | April 29, 2014 11:57 AM EST
When it comes to Miley Cyrus's 360 degree turn from her Hannah Montana role, nothing understands her and defends her better than Dolly Parton, her godmother. Dolly Parton has put it out there that she understands what Miley Cyrus is doing and what she is going through to become the artist she really wants to be, which unfortunately, does not have anything to do with who her fans want her to be: Hannah Montana.
Miley Cyrus has gone to great lengths to murder her Hannah Montana image from the minds of her fans not only because she wants to appear different, but that is what she truly aspires for. The thing is, even though Dolly Parton thinks Miley Cyrus has done a good job of reinventing her image, or showing who she really is, the godmother now speaks out about Miley Cyrus being too drastic about her changes and has to stop.
Dolly Parton has told Miley Cyrus, who has made it to the list of Time's 100 Most Influential People, that she needs stop being so drastic.
"She was very proud of the work she did as Hannah Montana, but people were gonna leave her there forever. And she was just smotherin' and chokin' in it. So she felt she had to do something completely drastic," says Dolly Parton as reported by US Magazine.
"[Miley] told me she needed to 'murder Hannah Montana'. I think she felt she had to make that severe a change. And she obviously did. I'm hoping that she holds it in the road and doesn't do so many things that are that bizarre. I don't think the crowd would be so forgiving again if she did anything else that was really offensive. I don't want it to overshadow her talent... If she is as smart as I think she is, I think she'll make the right decisions," added Parton.
While Dolly Parton put it so nicely, people certainly understood her words as asking Miley to stop being so desperate. Miley Cyrus has already reinvented herself. The fans she was afraid of viewing her as Hannah Montana forever already grew up as well already. While no one can really say anything bad about Cyrus's vocals and songs, she really should stop being an 'entity' that no one seems to understand anymore. She was went beyond being sexy and being mature to an individual very few can relate to.
Instead of taking her seriously as wishes, her antics and her dubious hospitalizations are making people doubt her capabilities and making people she is becoming too desperate for attention. She's still one of the most influential people today, and for such a young girl, that is quite remarkable. But one day everyone will start to think she's a loony. Even her godmother is starting to think her way too bizarre. Dolly also said she's "very worried" about Miley's nonchalant approach to drugs. Sooner or later, this attitude can catch up and wreck havoc on her health, if it has not already.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date