GodMother Dolly Parton Worried about Miley Cyrus: 'Stop Being So Drastic'
By Annie Dee | April 29, 2014 11:57 AM EST
When it comes to Miley Cyrus's 360 degree turn from her Hannah Montana role, nothing understands her and defends her better than Dolly Parton, her godmother. Dolly Parton has put it out there that she understands what Miley Cyrus is doing and what she is going through to become the artist she really wants to be, which unfortunately, does not have anything to do with who her fans want her to be: Hannah Montana.
Miley Cyrus has gone to great lengths to murder her Hannah Montana image from the minds of her fans not only because she wants to appear different, but that is what she truly aspires for. The thing is, even though Dolly Parton thinks Miley Cyrus has done a good job of reinventing her image, or showing who she really is, the godmother now speaks out about Miley Cyrus being too drastic about her changes and has to stop.
Dolly Parton has told Miley Cyrus, who has made it to the list of Time's 100 Most Influential People, that she needs stop being so drastic.
"She was very proud of the work she did as Hannah Montana, but people were gonna leave her there forever. And she was just smotherin' and chokin' in it. So she felt she had to do something completely drastic," says Dolly Parton as reported by US Magazine.
"[Miley] told me she needed to 'murder Hannah Montana'. I think she felt she had to make that severe a change. And she obviously did. I'm hoping that she holds it in the road and doesn't do so many things that are that bizarre. I don't think the crowd would be so forgiving again if she did anything else that was really offensive. I don't want it to overshadow her talent... If she is as smart as I think she is, I think she'll make the right decisions," added Parton.
While Dolly Parton put it so nicely, people certainly understood her words as asking Miley to stop being so desperate. Miley Cyrus has already reinvented herself. The fans she was afraid of viewing her as Hannah Montana forever already grew up as well already. While no one can really say anything bad about Cyrus's vocals and songs, she really should stop being an 'entity' that no one seems to understand anymore. She was went beyond being sexy and being mature to an individual very few can relate to.
Instead of taking her seriously as wishes, her antics and her dubious hospitalizations are making people doubt her capabilities and making people she is becoming too desperate for attention. She's still one of the most influential people today, and for such a young girl, that is quite remarkable. But one day everyone will start to think she's a loony. Even her godmother is starting to think her way too bizarre. Dolly also said she's "very worried" about Miley's nonchalant approach to drugs. Sooner or later, this attitude can catch up and wreck havoc on her health, if it has not already.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide