Ronaldo and GF Irina Shayk, Kobe Bryant, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, and the Incredible Hulk All in One Commercial for Nike
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 29, 2014 11:47 AM EST
The new Nike Soccer advertisement for the forthcoming World Cup is just as good as every Nike campaign, with unsurprisingly, the biggest names in the sporting world of soccer. The storyline revolves around aspiring youth picturing themselves changing into some of the famous soccer players.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates a goal against Schalke 04 during their Champions League soccer match in Gelsenkirchen February 26, 2014.
Nike has released the second commercial for its epic "Risk Everything" campaign. Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, and Wayne Rooney are back, but this time around, they are joined by other soccer superstars and a few of the biggest names in the world of sports. The new ad, titled "Winner Stays, plays the song Miss Alissa performed by Eagles of Death Metal. The upbeat pop-rock tune, in addition to its star-studded cast, will make you want to watch the four-minute humour clip over again.
Here are the soccer superstars who complete the massive cast of the new Nike advert: Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar Jr., Wayne Rooney, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Gerad Pique, Thiago Silva, Mario Gotze, David Luiz, Andres Iniesta, Gonzalo Higuain, Tim Howard, Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois, in addition to cameo appearances of the following: Irina Shayk, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Kobe Bryant, and The Incredible Hulk.
The ad has quite a few entertaining scenes such as when Sports Illustrated model and Ronaldo's GF blows a flying kiss to the Real Madrid star, Lakers all-star guard Kobe Bryant watching the match, a glimpse a new Nike boot - Magista - which isn't even out in the market yet, and Ronaldo's new Mercurial Superfly deemed as the fastest boot ever. Furthermore, there was a clip that features mixed martial artists and Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) fighters Jon Jones and Anderson Silva. Then there were some hilarious parts like when David Luiz was shown with what appears to be a clone of him and an aspiring soccer player turning into Incredible Hulk.
Of course, the turning point would be when Ronaldo was forced to step back to let a teenager take the penalty who was willing to risk everything, just like the message that the campaign aims to put across.
Watch the awesome video here.
According to Nike's chief marketing officer David Grasso, they want to connect to those people who share the same passion for soccer, regardless if those people are the best World Cup players, or if those people simply play in the streets. "'Winner Stays' taps into an experience that every young player around the world will recognize - competition with friends and the idea of playing with your heroes or pretending to be them," Mr. Grasso said.
Is it the best Nike commercial of all time? What do you think? Watching the soccer superstars take to the pitch, scoring volleys, and making last-ditch tackles would certainly make the crowd go wild.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'