iPhone 6 Concept Boasts Curved Screen Display and Body
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 29, 2014 11:19 AM EST
The new iPhone 6 concept sports a curved screen display and body.
Designer Martin Hajek showed off another take on the upcoming iPhone 6. Previously, Hajek created an iPhone 6 concept with a larger screen display and no bezels. This time, the designer and concept artist visualised a device with rounded edges as well as a curved profile.
According to Concept Phones, the handset has a 4.7-inch edge-to-edge screen display and a slim build. Based on the photos found in the link above, the handset's screen is less prominent as it curves towards the sides. The corners are also rounded. And the case resembles an iPad Mini, albeit smaller and more curved, at the top and bottom.
As for the real iPhone 6, Apple has not revealed official specs and features of the device yet. However, a report from Reuters claimed that the Cupertino-based tech giant was prepping up two variants of the iPhone 6. One model will be the successor of the iPhone 5S and will sport a 4.7-inch screen display. The other model will enter the phablet category and will pack a 5.5-inch panel. MacRumors reports the next-generation iPhone will be equipped with A8 processor, iOS 8 and TouchID fingerprint sensor.
Meanwhile, the iPhone 6's release date has not been confirmed yet, although rumours are pointing to two time frames. According to MacWorld, some analysts and Apple watchers have hinted on June 2 as the possible release date. If this proves true, the iPhone 6 would debut alongside the new mobile operating system, iOS 8, at the Worldwide Developers' Conference at Moscone West in San Francisco, California.
Another rumour places the iPhone 6's release date either in September/October, roughly a year after the previous generation of the iPhone was launched. The reason for this later date has to do with battery issues at the supply chain level. According to Apple Insider, citing Taiwan's Commercial Times, Apple needs a battery less than 2 mm for the phablet version of the iPhone 6, one-third less than the battery size used by the current-gen iPhones. The report continues production for such slim batteries will be an issue for the tech giant's manufacturing partners; thus, the release being set later this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand