iPhone 6 Concept Boasts Curved Screen Display and Body
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 29, 2014 11:19 AM EST
The new iPhone 6 concept sports a curved screen display and body.
Designer Martin Hajek showed off another take on the upcoming iPhone 6. Previously, Hajek created an iPhone 6 concept with a larger screen display and no bezels. This time, the designer and concept artist visualised a device with rounded edges as well as a curved profile.
According to Concept Phones, the handset has a 4.7-inch edge-to-edge screen display and a slim build. Based on the photos found in the link above, the handset's screen is less prominent as it curves towards the sides. The corners are also rounded. And the case resembles an iPad Mini, albeit smaller and more curved, at the top and bottom.
As for the real iPhone 6, Apple has not revealed official specs and features of the device yet. However, a report from Reuters claimed that the Cupertino-based tech giant was prepping up two variants of the iPhone 6. One model will be the successor of the iPhone 5S and will sport a 4.7-inch screen display. The other model will enter the phablet category and will pack a 5.5-inch panel. MacRumors reports the next-generation iPhone will be equipped with A8 processor, iOS 8 and TouchID fingerprint sensor.
Meanwhile, the iPhone 6's release date has not been confirmed yet, although rumours are pointing to two time frames. According to MacWorld, some analysts and Apple watchers have hinted on June 2 as the possible release date. If this proves true, the iPhone 6 would debut alongside the new mobile operating system, iOS 8, at the Worldwide Developers' Conference at Moscone West in San Francisco, California.
Another rumour places the iPhone 6's release date either in September/October, roughly a year after the previous generation of the iPhone was launched. The reason for this later date has to do with battery issues at the supply chain level. According to Apple Insider, citing Taiwan's Commercial Times, Apple needs a battery less than 2 mm for the phablet version of the iPhone 6, one-third less than the battery size used by the current-gen iPhones. The report continues production for such slim batteries will be an issue for the tech giant's manufacturing partners; thus, the release being set later this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan