Emma Roberts Flirting with ‘Palo Alto’ Co-Star James Franco?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 29, 2014 11:10 AM EST
Emma Roberts and co-star James Franco's tandem in the recent "Palo Alto" movie made headlines after the two went cosy in the Tribeca Film Festival premiere held in New York City. Franco and Robert's characters in the film share a May-December "flirtatious" affair, thus rising speculations whether there is something brewing between the two.
James Franco is reported to have a penchant for younger girls following his April 3 Instagram post that stormed the social networking sites and entertainment media outlets trying to confirm whether the actor is truly seducing a 17-year old girl. While the news tainted Franco's celebrity image, various interpretations emerge that it was a promotional stint to promote "Palo Alto" wherein he plays the role of a soccer coach who is taking advantage of a "virginal" teen played by Emma Roberts.
In a different light, James Franco receives the respect of his "Palo Alto" team. When asked in the HuffPost Live interview, Gia Coppola and Emma Roberts were quite not interested to talk about the Instagram post.
"I honestly didn't read any of it. When people sent it to me, I was like, 'I don't want to read about this.' It's irrelevant," Roberts said while Coppola pointed out that she did not confront Franco about the matter and all she knows that she is a great guy.
Emma Roberts, 21, also shared that she had fun with the flirting scene with Franco, 36, and it was not awkward at all.
"Palo Alto" is drama written and directed by Gia Coppola based on James Franco's collection of short story of the same title. The story itself has a painful weight for the viewers as it shows how the lack of parental guidance encouraged teen in a California town engage in casual sex and substance abuse.
While the movie has debuted in 2013 in two film festivals (Telluride Film Festival, August 2013 and the Venice Film Festival, September 2013), "Palo Alto" is starting to gain recognition this year as it awaits release in May 9, 2014 in the US.
"Palo Alto" is also given a good 82% rating by movie review database Rotten Tomatoes, with 93% of viewers interested to watch the film. Reviews from critics sound positive as well.
"Gia Coppola proves to have quite the eye, if not quite the natural storytelling instinct of her cinematic kin, serving up a remarkably assured feature debut with "Palo Alto," a top critic from Variety shares.
Emma Roberts acting received positive remarks from viewers as well, with magazine The Atlantic commending her performance as "star-making."
— Palo Alto (@PaloAltoMovie) April 28, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports