Samsung News: Samsung Galaxy S5 Camera Issues Confirmed Minor, New Tablets Coming, Android 4.4 Rolling Out for Galaxy S4
By Gel Galang | April 29, 2014 11:01 AM EST
The newest issue to spring forth regarding the Samsung Galaxy S5 involves the issue of camera problems as experienced by users. While this seems to be a growing problem, Samsung has already confirmed that the Galaxy S5 units that have non-working cameras are very limited.
"We have discovered that the issue has been seen in a very limited portion of early production Galaxy S5 units, and was caused by complications in the ROM (Read Only Memory) component which stores the information necessary to operate the camera," said Samsung in an email to Reuters.
Confirming with Reuters, Samsung has also stated that they are already taking measures to ensure that the cases for non-working cameras with the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be dealt with to avoid issues with further shipments. The number of cases were not given a specific figure. So far, the Korean company has not yet stated any public announcements on what they plan to do for owners of faulty Samsung Galaxy S5. For now, customers are advised to contact their Samsung customer service or mobile service provider for the problem.
SM-T705, SM-T700 Tablets Confirmed
Two upcoming Samsung tablets have been confirmed via a listing of their User Agent Profiles. According to Phone Arena, the SM-T705 and the SM-T700, an 8.4-inch tablet, may be coming out with supposedly AMOLED screens sporting 1,600 x 2,560 pixels.
Other spotted features of the new devices include Wi-Fi interoperability certificates, with the SM-T705 speculated to be LTE-capable.
Since Samsung is not yet making any of these devices official, there are even talks of the AMOLED technology being limited to another device, the SM-T800, which is rumoured to be larger than the two mentioned above.
Verizon Rolling Out Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 Update
Rumours have finally taken fruit, as Verizon rolls out the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update for the Samsung Galaxy S4.
Android Police reports that users have been confirming that the download is available for the Samsung Galaxy S4 already. A screenshot is already available in the link above.
Previous rumours have pointed to a May target release for the Samsung Galaxy S4 owners on Verizon. Gotta Be Mobile reports that the tip supposedly came from a Verizon customer service rep about the schedule. But given that Galaxy S4 owners are already attesting to the update, it seems that it came a few days earlier than rumoured.
The next bit of rumour that goes with that would be the Galaxy Note 3 also receiving the Android 4.4 Kitkat update. This one has yet to have better evidence than the rumour suggests.
Of course, as with updates, users should make sure to back up their files before downloading. For now, the report also states that Verizon has yet to update official support docs on the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report