Samsung News: Samsung Galaxy S5 Camera Issues Confirmed Minor, New Tablets Coming, Android 4.4 Rolling Out for Galaxy S4
By Gel Galang | April 29, 2014 11:01 AM EST
The newest issue to spring forth regarding the Samsung Galaxy S5 involves the issue of camera problems as experienced by users. While this seems to be a growing problem, Samsung has already confirmed that the Galaxy S5 units that have non-working cameras are very limited.
"We have discovered that the issue has been seen in a very limited portion of early production Galaxy S5 units, and was caused by complications in the ROM (Read Only Memory) component which stores the information necessary to operate the camera," said Samsung in an email to Reuters.
Confirming with Reuters, Samsung has also stated that they are already taking measures to ensure that the cases for non-working cameras with the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be dealt with to avoid issues with further shipments. The number of cases were not given a specific figure. So far, the Korean company has not yet stated any public announcements on what they plan to do for owners of faulty Samsung Galaxy S5. For now, customers are advised to contact their Samsung customer service or mobile service provider for the problem.
SM-T705, SM-T700 Tablets Confirmed
Two upcoming Samsung tablets have been confirmed via a listing of their User Agent Profiles. According to Phone Arena, the SM-T705 and the SM-T700, an 8.4-inch tablet, may be coming out with supposedly AMOLED screens sporting 1,600 x 2,560 pixels.
Other spotted features of the new devices include Wi-Fi interoperability certificates, with the SM-T705 speculated to be LTE-capable.
Since Samsung is not yet making any of these devices official, there are even talks of the AMOLED technology being limited to another device, the SM-T800, which is rumoured to be larger than the two mentioned above.
Verizon Rolling Out Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 Update
Rumours have finally taken fruit, as Verizon rolls out the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update for the Samsung Galaxy S4.
Android Police reports that users have been confirming that the download is available for the Samsung Galaxy S4 already. A screenshot is already available in the link above.
Previous rumours have pointed to a May target release for the Samsung Galaxy S4 owners on Verizon. Gotta Be Mobile reports that the tip supposedly came from a Verizon customer service rep about the schedule. But given that Galaxy S4 owners are already attesting to the update, it seems that it came a few days earlier than rumoured.
The next bit of rumour that goes with that would be the Galaxy Note 3 also receiving the Android 4.4 Kitkat update. This one has yet to have better evidence than the rumour suggests.
Of course, as with updates, users should make sure to back up their files before downloading. For now, the report also states that Verizon has yet to update official support docs on the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28