Samsung News: Samsung Galaxy S5 Camera Issues Confirmed Minor, New Tablets Coming, Android 4.4 Rolling Out for Galaxy S4
By Gel Galang | April 29, 2014 11:01 AM EST
The newest issue to spring forth regarding the Samsung Galaxy S5 involves the issue of camera problems as experienced by users. While this seems to be a growing problem, Samsung has already confirmed that the Galaxy S5 units that have non-working cameras are very limited.
"We have discovered that the issue has been seen in a very limited portion of early production Galaxy S5 units, and was caused by complications in the ROM (Read Only Memory) component which stores the information necessary to operate the camera," said Samsung in an email to Reuters.
Confirming with Reuters, Samsung has also stated that they are already taking measures to ensure that the cases for non-working cameras with the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be dealt with to avoid issues with further shipments. The number of cases were not given a specific figure. So far, the Korean company has not yet stated any public announcements on what they plan to do for owners of faulty Samsung Galaxy S5. For now, customers are advised to contact their Samsung customer service or mobile service provider for the problem.
SM-T705, SM-T700 Tablets Confirmed
Two upcoming Samsung tablets have been confirmed via a listing of their User Agent Profiles. According to Phone Arena, the SM-T705 and the SM-T700, an 8.4-inch tablet, may be coming out with supposedly AMOLED screens sporting 1,600 x 2,560 pixels.
Other spotted features of the new devices include Wi-Fi interoperability certificates, with the SM-T705 speculated to be LTE-capable.
Since Samsung is not yet making any of these devices official, there are even talks of the AMOLED technology being limited to another device, the SM-T800, which is rumoured to be larger than the two mentioned above.
Verizon Rolling Out Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 Update
Rumours have finally taken fruit, as Verizon rolls out the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update for the Samsung Galaxy S4.
Android Police reports that users have been confirming that the download is available for the Samsung Galaxy S4 already. A screenshot is already available in the link above.
Previous rumours have pointed to a May target release for the Samsung Galaxy S4 owners on Verizon. Gotta Be Mobile reports that the tip supposedly came from a Verizon customer service rep about the schedule. But given that Galaxy S4 owners are already attesting to the update, it seems that it came a few days earlier than rumoured.
The next bit of rumour that goes with that would be the Galaxy Note 3 also receiving the Android 4.4 Kitkat update. This one has yet to have better evidence than the rumour suggests.
Of course, as with updates, users should make sure to back up their files before downloading. For now, the report also states that Verizon has yet to update official support docs on the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- Minecraft: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang Makers of Minecraft Today
- iPhone 6 Released: The 5 Biggest and Best Smartphones Of 2014: Their Best Features And Price Comparisons
- Xbox One News: Playable Games In Browser And Possible ‘Gears of War’ Exclusivity Reported
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown