Beyonce at the Cover of Time Magazine for 100 Most Influential People
By Maychelle Ornos | April 29, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Beyonce has graced the cover of Time Magazine for its most influential people issue. Beating other personalities in the persons of US President Barack Obama, Pope Francis, Pharrell Williams and Miley Cyrus, Beyonce posed in a Paola Kudacki creation for the iconic magazine.
Beyonce and Jay Z
"She raises her voice both on- and offstage to urge women to be independent and lead," said Sheryl Sandberg of the "Love on Top" singer. Facebook's COO further said that "she doesn't just sit at the table. She builds a better one." It can be remembered that Sandberg and the 32-year-old pop queen teamed up to ban using "bossy" to describe working women today.
For Mrs. Carter, being the latest cover girl of TIME is a dream come true. Unlike her previous cover shoots, which are usually for beauty, fashion or music magazines, this time around it's about influence. "To be amongst the other influential people is a huge honor for me," Beyonce said on the cover article.
While Blue Ivy and Jay-Z are both leaping for joy for their matriarch, there are others who seemed to question her topping the influential list. This however was justified by the Facebook executive again citing among others Bey's struggle since her girl group days, movie roles, world concerts and fashion line.
But despite the hard times, Beyonce aced and broke music and sales records. To Sanders, this was the product of authenticity, honesty, and hard work that all people can see from the "Drunk in Love" songstress.
Besides Beyonce, the list also included Benedict Cumberbatch, Colin Firth, Steve McQueen and Lupita Nyong'o among the British personalities. Also, Kerry Washington, Amy Adams, Edward Snowden, Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez were also featured as influential this year on the said Time Magazine issue. In addition, Matthew McConaughey, Robin Wright, Donna Tartt, Alfonso Cuaron, Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy and Jeff Bezos completed the names of the worlds powerful.
Meanwhile, besides her latest TIME cover achievement Beyonce is still busy with her music and fashion line, but also with her little tot Blue Ivy, her daughter to beau, master rapper Jay-Z Carter has recently turned 2 years last January.
Beyoncé covers @TIME's #MostInfluentialPeople issue! http://t.co/g8dmrDgBSw #WhoRunTheWorld pic.twitter.com/JSDsYjoo59 — E! News (@ENews) April 24, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch