Beyonce at the Cover of Time Magazine for 100 Most Influential People
By Maychelle Ornos | April 29, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Beyonce has graced the cover of Time Magazine for its most influential people issue. Beating other personalities in the persons of US President Barack Obama, Pope Francis, Pharrell Williams and Miley Cyrus, Beyonce posed in a Paola Kudacki creation for the iconic magazine.
Beyonce and Jay Z
"She raises her voice both on- and offstage to urge women to be independent and lead," said Sheryl Sandberg of the "Love on Top" singer. Facebook's COO further said that "she doesn't just sit at the table. She builds a better one." It can be remembered that Sandberg and the 32-year-old pop queen teamed up to ban using "bossy" to describe working women today.
For Mrs. Carter, being the latest cover girl of TIME is a dream come true. Unlike her previous cover shoots, which are usually for beauty, fashion or music magazines, this time around it's about influence. "To be amongst the other influential people is a huge honor for me," Beyonce said on the cover article.
While Blue Ivy and Jay-Z are both leaping for joy for their matriarch, there are others who seemed to question her topping the influential list. This however was justified by the Facebook executive again citing among others Bey's struggle since her girl group days, movie roles, world concerts and fashion line.
But despite the hard times, Beyonce aced and broke music and sales records. To Sanders, this was the product of authenticity, honesty, and hard work that all people can see from the "Drunk in Love" songstress.
Besides Beyonce, the list also included Benedict Cumberbatch, Colin Firth, Steve McQueen and Lupita Nyong'o among the British personalities. Also, Kerry Washington, Amy Adams, Edward Snowden, Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez were also featured as influential this year on the said Time Magazine issue. In addition, Matthew McConaughey, Robin Wright, Donna Tartt, Alfonso Cuaron, Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy and Jeff Bezos completed the names of the worlds powerful.
Meanwhile, besides her latest TIME cover achievement Beyonce is still busy with her music and fashion line, but also with her little tot Blue Ivy, her daughter to beau, master rapper Jay-Z Carter has recently turned 2 years last January.
Beyoncé covers @TIME's #MostInfluentialPeople issue! http://t.co/g8dmrDgBSw #WhoRunTheWorld pic.twitter.com/JSDsYjoo59 — E! News (@ENews) April 24, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia