Beyonce at the Cover of Time Magazine for 100 Most Influential People
By Maychelle Ornos | April 29, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Beyonce has graced the cover of Time Magazine for its most influential people issue. Beating other personalities in the persons of US President Barack Obama, Pope Francis, Pharrell Williams and Miley Cyrus, Beyonce posed in a Paola Kudacki creation for the iconic magazine.
Beyonce and Jay Z
"She raises her voice both on- and offstage to urge women to be independent and lead," said Sheryl Sandberg of the "Love on Top" singer. Facebook's COO further said that "she doesn't just sit at the table. She builds a better one." It can be remembered that Sandberg and the 32-year-old pop queen teamed up to ban using "bossy" to describe working women today.
For Mrs. Carter, being the latest cover girl of TIME is a dream come true. Unlike her previous cover shoots, which are usually for beauty, fashion or music magazines, this time around it's about influence. "To be amongst the other influential people is a huge honor for me," Beyonce said on the cover article.
While Blue Ivy and Jay-Z are both leaping for joy for their matriarch, there are others who seemed to question her topping the influential list. This however was justified by the Facebook executive again citing among others Bey's struggle since her girl group days, movie roles, world concerts and fashion line.
But despite the hard times, Beyonce aced and broke music and sales records. To Sanders, this was the product of authenticity, honesty, and hard work that all people can see from the "Drunk in Love" songstress.
Besides Beyonce, the list also included Benedict Cumberbatch, Colin Firth, Steve McQueen and Lupita Nyong'o among the British personalities. Also, Kerry Washington, Amy Adams, Edward Snowden, Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez were also featured as influential this year on the said Time Magazine issue. In addition, Matthew McConaughey, Robin Wright, Donna Tartt, Alfonso Cuaron, Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy and Jeff Bezos completed the names of the worlds powerful.
Meanwhile, besides her latest TIME cover achievement Beyonce is still busy with her music and fashion line, but also with her little tot Blue Ivy, her daughter to beau, master rapper Jay-Z Carter has recently turned 2 years last January.
Beyoncé covers @TIME's #MostInfluentialPeople issue! http://t.co/g8dmrDgBSw #WhoRunTheWorld pic.twitter.com/JSDsYjoo59 — E! News (@ENews) April 24, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report