Beyonce at the Cover of Time Magazine for 100 Most Influential People
By Maychelle Ornos | April 29, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Beyonce has graced the cover of Time Magazine for its most influential people issue. Beating other personalities in the persons of US President Barack Obama, Pope Francis, Pharrell Williams and Miley Cyrus, Beyonce posed in a Paola Kudacki creation for the iconic magazine.
Beyonce and Jay Z
"She raises her voice both on- and offstage to urge women to be independent and lead," said Sheryl Sandberg of the "Love on Top" singer. Facebook's COO further said that "she doesn't just sit at the table. She builds a better one." It can be remembered that Sandberg and the 32-year-old pop queen teamed up to ban using "bossy" to describe working women today.
For Mrs. Carter, being the latest cover girl of TIME is a dream come true. Unlike her previous cover shoots, which are usually for beauty, fashion or music magazines, this time around it's about influence. "To be amongst the other influential people is a huge honor for me," Beyonce said on the cover article.
While Blue Ivy and Jay-Z are both leaping for joy for their matriarch, there are others who seemed to question her topping the influential list. This however was justified by the Facebook executive again citing among others Bey's struggle since her girl group days, movie roles, world concerts and fashion line.
But despite the hard times, Beyonce aced and broke music and sales records. To Sanders, this was the product of authenticity, honesty, and hard work that all people can see from the "Drunk in Love" songstress.
Besides Beyonce, the list also included Benedict Cumberbatch, Colin Firth, Steve McQueen and Lupita Nyong'o among the British personalities. Also, Kerry Washington, Amy Adams, Edward Snowden, Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez were also featured as influential this year on the said Time Magazine issue. In addition, Matthew McConaughey, Robin Wright, Donna Tartt, Alfonso Cuaron, Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy and Jeff Bezos completed the names of the worlds powerful.
Meanwhile, besides her latest TIME cover achievement Beyonce is still busy with her music and fashion line, but also with her little tot Blue Ivy, her daughter to beau, master rapper Jay-Z Carter has recently turned 2 years last January.
Beyoncé covers @TIME's #MostInfluentialPeople issue! http://t.co/g8dmrDgBSw #WhoRunTheWorld pic.twitter.com/JSDsYjoo59 — E! News (@ENews) April 24, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones