Beyonce at the Cover of Time Magazine for 100 Most Influential People
By Maychelle Ornos | April 29, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Beyonce has graced the cover of Time Magazine for its most influential people issue. Beating other personalities in the persons of US President Barack Obama, Pope Francis, Pharrell Williams and Miley Cyrus, Beyonce posed in a Paola Kudacki creation for the iconic magazine.
Beyonce and Jay Z
"She raises her voice both on- and offstage to urge women to be independent and lead," said Sheryl Sandberg of the "Love on Top" singer. Facebook's COO further said that "she doesn't just sit at the table. She builds a better one." It can be remembered that Sandberg and the 32-year-old pop queen teamed up to ban using "bossy" to describe working women today.
For Mrs. Carter, being the latest cover girl of TIME is a dream come true. Unlike her previous cover shoots, which are usually for beauty, fashion or music magazines, this time around it's about influence. "To be amongst the other influential people is a huge honor for me," Beyonce said on the cover article.
While Blue Ivy and Jay-Z are both leaping for joy for their matriarch, there are others who seemed to question her topping the influential list. This however was justified by the Facebook executive again citing among others Bey's struggle since her girl group days, movie roles, world concerts and fashion line.
But despite the hard times, Beyonce aced and broke music and sales records. To Sanders, this was the product of authenticity, honesty, and hard work that all people can see from the "Drunk in Love" songstress.
Besides Beyonce, the list also included Benedict Cumberbatch, Colin Firth, Steve McQueen and Lupita Nyong'o among the British personalities. Also, Kerry Washington, Amy Adams, Edward Snowden, Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez were also featured as influential this year on the said Time Magazine issue. In addition, Matthew McConaughey, Robin Wright, Donna Tartt, Alfonso Cuaron, Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy and Jeff Bezos completed the names of the worlds powerful.
Meanwhile, besides her latest TIME cover achievement Beyonce is still busy with her music and fashion line, but also with her little tot Blue Ivy, her daughter to beau, master rapper Jay-Z Carter has recently turned 2 years last January.
Beyoncé covers @TIME's #MostInfluentialPeople issue! http://t.co/g8dmrDgBSw #WhoRunTheWorld pic.twitter.com/JSDsYjoo59 — E! News (@ENews) April 24, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Elimination Recap: Redfoo’s Acts in the Bottom 2; Ed Sheeran, The Veronicas, AJR Guest Star [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks