Seriously Injured Woman Gives Birth to a Healthy Baby Girl Hours after Crash that Killed Her Husband
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 29, 2014 10:12 AM EST
It was considered a miracle. A woman who was reported to have been seriously injured after a police officer crashed into a car she was driving, which eventually killed her husband, has given birth to a healthy baby girl hours after the accident, according to reports.
Rebecca Sperry was reportedly driving home from Edgewood Baptist Church with husband Jesse when Edgewood off-duty police officer James Foutch crashed his SUV into their car and injured the 22-year-old woman from the state of Indiana in the U.S. and unfortunately killed her husband in the morning of April 6.
"It was a blessing to have that last moment with him [Jesse]," Mrs Sperry told Herald Bulletin in an interview. "I knew he had taken his last breath. I let myself relax and lose consciousness. I was thinking about the baby."
The report said that the position of her husband's body suggested that he might have reached toward Mrs Sperry before the impact, reflecting a "final action of caring" as believed by their family members.
According to Herald Bulletin, Sperry received several injuries. A medical helicopter had to fly her to a hospital in Indianapolis where the doctors eventually performed an emergency Caesarean section as she was confirmed to have been nine months pregnant at the time of the accident.
The woman was scheduled to have labour induced at the night of the crash, and despite the tragic car accident that killed her husband she gave birth to a baby girl, naming her Autumn Marie.
According to Daily Mail, Lauren Schneider, a friend of Mrs Sperry's family, said shortly after the tragic accident that both mother and the baby "seemed to be in stable condition."
"We're just asking people to go to the fundraising page and donate and if they can't just to be praying because the family has a really long road ahead of them from hear on out,' Ms Schneider told the Web site.
Mrs Sperry is reportedly walking again with the physical wounds healing. However, the memory of her husband is still fresh as she was said to have seen her husband took her final breathe.
According to an indychannel.com report, police officer Foutch has been suspended from work and is facing prosecution after allegedly driving under the influence of drugs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leak Raises Doubts on Apple's iCloud; How to Secure Apple ID
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans