Fast Facts: Floyd Mayweather vs. Marcos Maidana Bout – Odds-on Favourite, Livestream, Main Event Schedule
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 29, 2014 9:50 AM EST
It is officially the fight week for the Floyd Mayweather and Marcos Maidana bout. As such, the sporting world will have all their eyes fixated on the two boxers until they enter the boxing ring to watch Maidana as he tries to put an end to Mayweather's undefeated 45-0 winning streak or witness the American boxer successfully defend his reign.
Argentine boxer Marcos "Chino" Maidana, the current WBA welterweight champion, poses before a news conference in Buenos Aires March 13, 2014. Maidana will face WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather of the U.S. in a unification title bout on May 3 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. REUTERS/Enrique Marcarian
Here are some fast facts you need to know.
1. Mayweather remains the favourite to win on May 3. Las Vegas oddmakers say that Mayweather is a -1200 favourite to defeat Maidana. People must bet at least $1200 on Mayweather just to win $100. Maidana, on the other hand was reportedly +750 as of Monday afternoon, which means a wager worth $100 would win $850 if Mayweather suffered a defeat in the match.
2. The undercards for the Mayweather-Maidana bout feature Amir Khan vs. Luis Collazo, Adrien Broner vs. Carlos Molina, and J'Leon Love vs. Marco Antonio Periban. Golden Boy Promotions chief executive officer Richard Schaefer was quoted saying "It will be an unforgettable night for all boxing fans." Schaefer said that the boxing fans deserve to have the best undercard fights for Mayweather vs. Maidana fight. Khan and Collazo are "former world champions." Broner and Molina are regarded as boxing's "top young superstars," while Love and Periban could be the "next middleweight title challengers."
3. Showtime will be airing pre-fight events and live streams. Showtime will be pretty much covering even the littlest details of the upcoming fight. Showtime All Access features behind-the-scenes and provides the viewers an in-depth look at the best pound-for-pound undefeated boxer and the rising Argentine fighter before their fight come in full swing on May 3.
4. The big fight will take place at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas on May 3. Mayweather will try to defend his already history boxing career as he takes on Maidana to snag his 46th victory. However, Maidana seemed adamant to prove that he is the one who can give Mayweather his first loss. Maidana told the Daily Mail that he is not worried about his title, and the only thing that occupies his mind to just beat Mayweather.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe