Fast Facts: Floyd Mayweather vs. Marcos Maidana Bout – Odds-on Favourite, Livestream, Main Event Schedule
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 29, 2014 9:50 AM EST
It is officially the fight week for the Floyd Mayweather and Marcos Maidana bout. As such, the sporting world will have all their eyes fixated on the two boxers until they enter the boxing ring to watch Maidana as he tries to put an end to Mayweather's undefeated 45-0 winning streak or witness the American boxer successfully defend his reign.
Argentine boxer Marcos "Chino" Maidana, the current WBA welterweight champion, poses before a news conference in Buenos Aires March 13, 2014. Maidana will face WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather of the U.S. in a unification title bout on May 3 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. REUTERS/Enrique Marcarian
Here are some fast facts you need to know.
1. Mayweather remains the favourite to win on May 3. Las Vegas oddmakers say that Mayweather is a -1200 favourite to defeat Maidana. People must bet at least $1200 on Mayweather just to win $100. Maidana, on the other hand was reportedly +750 as of Monday afternoon, which means a wager worth $100 would win $850 if Mayweather suffered a defeat in the match.
2. The undercards for the Mayweather-Maidana bout feature Amir Khan vs. Luis Collazo, Adrien Broner vs. Carlos Molina, and J'Leon Love vs. Marco Antonio Periban. Golden Boy Promotions chief executive officer Richard Schaefer was quoted saying "It will be an unforgettable night for all boxing fans." Schaefer said that the boxing fans deserve to have the best undercard fights for Mayweather vs. Maidana fight. Khan and Collazo are "former world champions." Broner and Molina are regarded as boxing's "top young superstars," while Love and Periban could be the "next middleweight title challengers."
3. Showtime will be airing pre-fight events and live streams. Showtime will be pretty much covering even the littlest details of the upcoming fight. Showtime All Access features behind-the-scenes and provides the viewers an in-depth look at the best pound-for-pound undefeated boxer and the rising Argentine fighter before their fight come in full swing on May 3.
4. The big fight will take place at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas on May 3. Mayweather will try to defend his already history boxing career as he takes on Maidana to snag his 46th victory. However, Maidana seemed adamant to prove that he is the one who can give Mayweather his first loss. Maidana told the Daily Mail that he is not worried about his title, and the only thing that occupies his mind to just beat Mayweather.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed