Fast Facts: Floyd Mayweather vs. Marcos Maidana Bout – Odds-on Favourite, Livestream, Main Event Schedule
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 29, 2014 9:50 AM EST
It is officially the fight week for the Floyd Mayweather and Marcos Maidana bout. As such, the sporting world will have all their eyes fixated on the two boxers until they enter the boxing ring to watch Maidana as he tries to put an end to Mayweather's undefeated 45-0 winning streak or witness the American boxer successfully defend his reign.
Argentine boxer Marcos "Chino" Maidana, the current WBA welterweight champion, poses before a news conference in Buenos Aires March 13, 2014. Maidana will face WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather of the U.S. in a unification title bout on May 3 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. REUTERS/Enrique Marcarian
Here are some fast facts you need to know.
1. Mayweather remains the favourite to win on May 3. Las Vegas oddmakers say that Mayweather is a -1200 favourite to defeat Maidana. People must bet at least $1200 on Mayweather just to win $100. Maidana, on the other hand was reportedly +750 as of Monday afternoon, which means a wager worth $100 would win $850 if Mayweather suffered a defeat in the match.
2. The undercards for the Mayweather-Maidana bout feature Amir Khan vs. Luis Collazo, Adrien Broner vs. Carlos Molina, and J'Leon Love vs. Marco Antonio Periban. Golden Boy Promotions chief executive officer Richard Schaefer was quoted saying "It will be an unforgettable night for all boxing fans." Schaefer said that the boxing fans deserve to have the best undercard fights for Mayweather vs. Maidana fight. Khan and Collazo are "former world champions." Broner and Molina are regarded as boxing's "top young superstars," while Love and Periban could be the "next middleweight title challengers."
3. Showtime will be airing pre-fight events and live streams. Showtime will be pretty much covering even the littlest details of the upcoming fight. Showtime All Access features behind-the-scenes and provides the viewers an in-depth look at the best pound-for-pound undefeated boxer and the rising Argentine fighter before their fight come in full swing on May 3.
4. The big fight will take place at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas on May 3. Mayweather will try to defend his already history boxing career as he takes on Maidana to snag his 46th victory. However, Maidana seemed adamant to prove that he is the one who can give Mayweather his first loss. Maidana told the Daily Mail that he is not worried about his title, and the only thing that occupies his mind to just beat Mayweather.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes