Fast Facts: Floyd Mayweather vs. Marcos Maidana Bout – Odds-on Favourite, Livestream, Main Event Schedule
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 29, 2014 9:50 AM EST
It is officially the fight week for the Floyd Mayweather and Marcos Maidana bout. As such, the sporting world will have all their eyes fixated on the two boxers until they enter the boxing ring to watch Maidana as he tries to put an end to Mayweather's undefeated 45-0 winning streak or witness the American boxer successfully defend his reign.
Argentine boxer Marcos "Chino" Maidana, the current WBA welterweight champion, poses before a news conference in Buenos Aires March 13, 2014. Maidana will face WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather of the U.S. in a unification title bout on May 3 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. REUTERS/Enrique Marcarian
Here are some fast facts you need to know.
1. Mayweather remains the favourite to win on May 3. Las Vegas oddmakers say that Mayweather is a -1200 favourite to defeat Maidana. People must bet at least $1200 on Mayweather just to win $100. Maidana, on the other hand was reportedly +750 as of Monday afternoon, which means a wager worth $100 would win $850 if Mayweather suffered a defeat in the match.
2. The undercards for the Mayweather-Maidana bout feature Amir Khan vs. Luis Collazo, Adrien Broner vs. Carlos Molina, and J'Leon Love vs. Marco Antonio Periban. Golden Boy Promotions chief executive officer Richard Schaefer was quoted saying "It will be an unforgettable night for all boxing fans." Schaefer said that the boxing fans deserve to have the best undercard fights for Mayweather vs. Maidana fight. Khan and Collazo are "former world champions." Broner and Molina are regarded as boxing's "top young superstars," while Love and Periban could be the "next middleweight title challengers."
3. Showtime will be airing pre-fight events and live streams. Showtime will be pretty much covering even the littlest details of the upcoming fight. Showtime All Access features behind-the-scenes and provides the viewers an in-depth look at the best pound-for-pound undefeated boxer and the rising Argentine fighter before their fight come in full swing on May 3.
4. The big fight will take place at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas on May 3. Mayweather will try to defend his already history boxing career as he takes on Maidana to snag his 46th victory. However, Maidana seemed adamant to prove that he is the one who can give Mayweather his first loss. Maidana told the Daily Mail that he is not worried about his title, and the only thing that occupies his mind to just beat Mayweather.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]