Arsenal FC Transfer News: Discussions to Sign Former Gunners Skipper for £40million in Advanced Stages
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 29, 2014 9:22 AM EST
Arsenal are reported to be in the advanced stages of the discussions involving a move of Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
The Catalan club will be offered £40million plus surplus defender Thomas Vermaelen in exchange for the former Gunners skipper this summer, according to Caught Offside, as Arsene Wenger looks to further beef-up the middle of the park.
Arsenal are reportedly in advanced discussions involving a move for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas
The north Londoners endured an injury-ridden term, with Aaron Ramsey and Alex Oxlade-Chambelain missing key stretches, while speedster Theo Walcott still remains on the sidelines with a cruciate ligament tear, which cost them the chance to sustain the lead that they had early on in the Premier League table and clinch the title that have been evading them since the 2001/02 season.
The French manager has learned his lesson and will try to build a squad with depth and quality in the off-season.
Fabregas has been a midfield maestro all his life, but has also showed that he is versatile enough to play upfront as he did with Spain, playing as a "false 9," which could be key for Arsenal, should they be confronted with the same circumstances in the following year.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- US And Australia Share Visa And Immigration Information
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October