'Home and Away's' Bonnie Sveen Stuns Everyone with Acceptance Speech, Talks about 'Natural and Healthy Young Woman'
By nidhi tewari | April 29, 2014 7:20 AM EST
Bonnie Sveen's Loggie Award acceptance speech has been the most talked about speech ever since the gala show. The 24-year-old stunned the audience when she thanked them for accepting "healthy and natural" actress. The "Home & Away" actress Bonnie Sveen won the "Most Popular New Talent" Award at the Australia's 2014 Logie Awards on Sunday night. The actress beat her fellow cast member Johnny Ruffo, who was also nominated. Sveen, who stars as Ricky Sharpe in the Channel Seven soap, came dressed in a sexy, cleavage revealing dress for the award show.
"I think it says something really progressive about Australia and about the commercial industry that viewers have so warmly embraced such a natural and healthy young woman on their screens," the actress said cheekily in her acceptance speech.
The actress wanted to convey it to every woman that one should be able to accept their bodies as it is and the viewers should be able to differentiate between the models and the real life characters.
"I think it is (important) for a lot of female performers and it is important to differentiate storytellers from models and that people at home are able to turn on the television and see someone with an achievable look or something that is at least more of a mirror of themselves," the actress later clarified her speech further to Daily Mail.
"I think it does a lot of good to the attitudes of young women to see someone so comfortable in themselves and play such a wonderful fun role and get to be the love interest of such a big tele icon," the actress explained further.
"Home and Away" was named "Most Popular Drama" at Australia's 2014 Logie Awards. The soap opera had tough competition from various other popular shows including "House Husbands," "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" and "Offspring and Winners & Losers."
Meanwhile check out the video of Sveen's winning speech below. Let us know your views.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On