'Home and Away's' Bonnie Sveen Stuns Everyone with Acceptance Speech, Talks about 'Natural and Healthy Young Woman'
By nidhi tewari | April 29, 2014 7:20 AM EST
Bonnie Sveen's Loggie Award acceptance speech has been the most talked about speech ever since the gala show. The 24-year-old stunned the audience when she thanked them for accepting "healthy and natural" actress. The "Home & Away" actress Bonnie Sveen won the "Most Popular New Talent" Award at the Australia's 2014 Logie Awards on Sunday night. The actress beat her fellow cast member Johnny Ruffo, who was also nominated. Sveen, who stars as Ricky Sharpe in the Channel Seven soap, came dressed in a sexy, cleavage revealing dress for the award show.
"I think it says something really progressive about Australia and about the commercial industry that viewers have so warmly embraced such a natural and healthy young woman on their screens," the actress said cheekily in her acceptance speech.
The actress wanted to convey it to every woman that one should be able to accept their bodies as it is and the viewers should be able to differentiate between the models and the real life characters.
"I think it is (important) for a lot of female performers and it is important to differentiate storytellers from models and that people at home are able to turn on the television and see someone with an achievable look or something that is at least more of a mirror of themselves," the actress later clarified her speech further to Daily Mail.
"I think it does a lot of good to the attitudes of young women to see someone so comfortable in themselves and play such a wonderful fun role and get to be the love interest of such a big tele icon," the actress explained further.
"Home and Away" was named "Most Popular Drama" at Australia's 2014 Logie Awards. The soap opera had tough competition from various other popular shows including "House Husbands," "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" and "Offspring and Winners & Losers."
Meanwhile check out the video of Sveen's winning speech below. Let us know your views.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date