‘Reign’ Episode 20 ‘Higher Ground’ Spoilers/Preview: Francis Wages War on England [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 29, 2014 7:18 AM EST
Francis will be seen on the battlefield in "Reign" Episode 20, which is titled "Higher Ground." The preview clip of the episode suggests that Francis and his army are in a difficult position and on the verge of losing the war.
In the previous episode, "Toy Soldiers," King Henry opened the door for this war to get back Calais from England, which according to him would help France claim England. He sent out a team of France's army, without informing anyone, leaving Francis with no option but to consider the interest of France over Scotland, which is in dire need of military support.
Francis enlisted the help of Mary's uncle, Duke of Guise, to win his battle. According to the original plan, Duke of Guise and his army were supposed to march towards Scotland to help Marie de Guise.
Mary had invited her uncle to the castle so that he and his army could help Scotland and her mother -- who is surrounded by an army of Protestants. Francis reneged on his promise to help Scotland and lead Duke of Guise's army to save her mother. He wanted to first secure his country's interests and then proceed to protect Scotland.
"Toy Soldiers" ended with Mary saying that she would not let Francis put at risk Scotland, again. The synopsis of the episode suggests that Mary will be hiring a mercenary to save her country.
Meanwhile, Leith returns in this episode and becomes an ally of Francis to win the war against England. Greer and Lord Castleroy's relationship is strengthening and if Leith returns as part of Francis's victorious army, there are bound to be hiccups in the new relationship.
Also, Julien and Lola's relationship will solidify, though Lola remains suspicious about Julien's real intention and fears that he will abandon her.
Official Synopsis of "Reign" Episode 21, "Higher Ground": "Mary hires a mercenary to help her save Scotland. Meanwhile, Francis prepares France to wage war on England, and Leith becomes his ally in this endeavour; and Lola and Julien's bond deepens, but she fears he will betray her."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga