‘Reign’ Episode 20 ‘Higher Ground’ Spoilers/Preview: Francis Wages War on England [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 29, 2014 7:18 AM EST
Francis will be seen on the battlefield in "Reign" Episode 20, which is titled "Higher Ground." The preview clip of the episode suggests that Francis and his army are in a difficult position and on the verge of losing the war.
In the previous episode, "Toy Soldiers," King Henry opened the door for this war to get back Calais from England, which according to him would help France claim England. He sent out a team of France's army, without informing anyone, leaving Francis with no option but to consider the interest of France over Scotland, which is in dire need of military support.
Francis enlisted the help of Mary's uncle, Duke of Guise, to win his battle. According to the original plan, Duke of Guise and his army were supposed to march towards Scotland to help Marie de Guise.
Mary had invited her uncle to the castle so that he and his army could help Scotland and her mother -- who is surrounded by an army of Protestants. Francis reneged on his promise to help Scotland and lead Duke of Guise's army to save her mother. He wanted to first secure his country's interests and then proceed to protect Scotland.
"Toy Soldiers" ended with Mary saying that she would not let Francis put at risk Scotland, again. The synopsis of the episode suggests that Mary will be hiring a mercenary to save her country.
Meanwhile, Leith returns in this episode and becomes an ally of Francis to win the war against England. Greer and Lord Castleroy's relationship is strengthening and if Leith returns as part of Francis's victorious army, there are bound to be hiccups in the new relationship.
Also, Julien and Lola's relationship will solidify, though Lola remains suspicious about Julien's real intention and fears that he will abandon her.
Official Synopsis of "Reign" Episode 21, "Higher Ground": "Mary hires a mercenary to help her save Scotland. Meanwhile, Francis prepares France to wage war on England, and Leith becomes his ally in this endeavour; and Lola and Julien's bond deepens, but she fears he will betray her."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate