‘Reign’ Episode 20 ‘Higher Ground’ Spoilers/Preview: Francis Wages War on England [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 29, 2014 7:18 AM EST
Francis will be seen on the battlefield in "Reign" Episode 20, which is titled "Higher Ground." The preview clip of the episode suggests that Francis and his army are in a difficult position and on the verge of losing the war.
In the previous episode, "Toy Soldiers," King Henry opened the door for this war to get back Calais from England, which according to him would help France claim England. He sent out a team of France's army, without informing anyone, leaving Francis with no option but to consider the interest of France over Scotland, which is in dire need of military support.
Francis enlisted the help of Mary's uncle, Duke of Guise, to win his battle. According to the original plan, Duke of Guise and his army were supposed to march towards Scotland to help Marie de Guise.
Mary had invited her uncle to the castle so that he and his army could help Scotland and her mother -- who is surrounded by an army of Protestants. Francis reneged on his promise to help Scotland and lead Duke of Guise's army to save her mother. He wanted to first secure his country's interests and then proceed to protect Scotland.
"Toy Soldiers" ended with Mary saying that she would not let Francis put at risk Scotland, again. The synopsis of the episode suggests that Mary will be hiring a mercenary to save her country.
Meanwhile, Leith returns in this episode and becomes an ally of Francis to win the war against England. Greer and Lord Castleroy's relationship is strengthening and if Leith returns as part of Francis's victorious army, there are bound to be hiccups in the new relationship.
Also, Julien and Lola's relationship will solidify, though Lola remains suspicious about Julien's real intention and fears that he will abandon her.
Official Synopsis of "Reign" Episode 21, "Higher Ground": "Mary hires a mercenary to help her save Scotland. Meanwhile, Francis prepares France to wage war on England, and Leith becomes his ally in this endeavour; and Lola and Julien's bond deepens, but she fears he will betray her."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown