Vogue Creative Director Compares Kim Kardashian's Appeal to Ordinary Subway Riders but Impressed with North West!
By nidhi tewari | April 29, 2014 7:12 AM EST
Kim Kardashian has never ceased to be out of the news ever since she has appeared on the cover page of "Vogue" magazine with partner Kanye West. In a latest interview with Grace Coddington - the celebrated creative director of Vogue magazine, has spoken not very flattering words about the "Keeping Up With The Kardashian" star. According to Grace, Kim is as appealing to her as any normal person in the subway is! In other words, she is trying to say that she did not find anything extraordinary about Kim's appeal.
Television personality Kim Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Gus Ruelas
In a latest interview with Financial Times' Vanessa Friedman, the 73-year-old creative director of the magazine revealed that originally Anna Wintour, editor of the Vogue, wanted to do a wedding story using a Kim Kanye lookalike. It was Grace who suggested using the real couple instead!
"I thought, 'Why not just do it on the real thing? This is Vogue. And I do think Kim Kardashian represents this moment in our culture. I'm fascinated by her, in the same way I'm fascinated by the people I see on the street or the subway," Grace told the newspaper.
However, Grace also shared little more about the real shooting experience with the reality star couple and their baby. She calls Kim as "very professional" and is all praises about her baby North West's calm behavior too. She liked the "very well behaved" Nori so much that she was quite perturbed to find that the management had not chosen to feature the baby on the cover with her celebrity parents.
"We did millions of pictures and she did not cry once. I got quite upset we did not have the baby on the cover," Grace told the newspaper.
The entire Vogue photo shoot of Kim and Kanye was kept secret even from the dress designers who were just given the measurements of the couple and told nothing more.
"I thought they would guess immediately when I sent the measurements but they didn't. It wasn't until the fitting they knew, and it still somehow stayed a secret," Grace revealed in the interview.
However, Grace also revealed during the interview that she knew that the Kim Kanye cover of Vogue was going to be a controversial one from day one.
"I knew going in it would be controversial - I got an envelope from Texas, with the cover ripped up into little pieces inside - but the designers all sent me flowers, so I guess they were happy."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand