Watch English Premier League: Arsenal vs Newcastle Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | April 29, 2014 3:43 AM EST
Arsenal will know three points against Newcastle and they would have pretty much sealed their place in the top four of the English Premier League, after watching Everton suffer a 2-0 defeat to Southampton on Saturday.
Where to Watch Live:
The Monday night game is scheduled for an 8 pm BST (12.30 am IST, 3 pm ET) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2 in India. The match can be watched via live streaming online in India HERE. Watch the game in the US HERE, while UK viewers can watch the match live HERE. Viewers in the Middle East and North Africa can live stream the action HERE, while South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa viewers can do so HERE. The game can be live streamed by Canada viewers HERE, while Australia viewers can do the same HERE.
The Gunners can move four points clear of Everton with just two games to play if they pick up a victory over the Magpies at the Emirates on Monday night.
"At this period of the season you feel much more under pressure as a manager," Wenger said.
"In September you think, 'OK we lost this game but we still have time to catch up.' Now, one, two, three games to go you look at the table, at the bottom and at the top, and everybody feels a bit like playing Russian Roulette."
Arsenal's failings this season have been mainly due to two reasons - their results against the big teams, and injuries, with the latter obviously having a major impact on how the games went against the rest of the contenders.
One player, though, who has made a return from several months out is Aaron Ramsey, with the midfielder, making his first start in the Premier League since Boxing Day, looking his clinical best in the comfortable 3-0 win over Hull City last weekend.
"We were waiting to get some players back so it's always nice to see them back in good form," Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud told the club's official website. "Aaron is important right now.
"Aaron played a great game at Hull, he's in amazing form, he's in really efficient form in front of goal. We will need everyone from now until the end of the season and it's good news for us."
Arsenal face a Newcastle side in terrible form at the moment, with Alan Pardew's touchline ban affecting them considerably. The Magpies have suffered six losses in their last seven games, but will welcome their manager back to the touchline after a seven-match absence.
Pardew, who was given the ban for his headbutt on Hull midfielder David Meyler, promised he would be on his best behaviour against Arsenal. "I will sit down a little bit more, but I still will be on the touchline," he said. "It's important that the team sees I'm there -- we are a team and I am part of that.
"I have thought about my situation going forward and I think I will be better for it."
Team news: Arsenal: Ramsey and Mesut Ozil's return to fitness is a big boost for Wenger, with Abou Diaby making his return from injury after over a year by playing in an U-21 game last week. The midfielder, though, will not be risked against Newcastle, while Jack Wilshere, Theo Walcott and Kieran Gibbs remain on the sidelines. Thomas Vermaelen could, however, return after missing the Hull game.
Newcastle: Striker Papiss Cisse has been ruled out for the rest of the season after suffering a broken kneecap, while fellow forward Luuk De Jong faces a late fitness test over an ankle injury. Moussa Sissoko could be available following a hamstring problem.
Expected lineups: Arsenal: Szczesny; Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Arteta, Ramsey; Cazorla, Ozil, Podolski; Giroud.
Newcastle: Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, Coloccini, Dummett; Anita, Tiote; Sissoko, Remy, Gouffran; Ameobi.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef