NBA Playoffs Preview – West First Round Game 4: San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | April 29, 2014 3:38 AM EST
Don’t look now but it’s the eighth seeded Texas team that has the series lead entering Game 4 in the first round of the Western Conference Playoffs. Carrying the league’s best record after the regular season, the No. 1 seed San Antonio Spurs will fall into 1-3 deficit in this best-of-seven series if they lose to the Dallas Mavericks for the third time in this match-up.
NBA: Playoffs-San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks
Thanks to veteran Vince Carter, who hit a buzzer-beating three-pointer in Game 3, Dallas stole the 109-108 victory in that game. This was after the Mavericks pulled off the major upset in San Antonio in Game 2 with a 113-92 win last Wednesday.
Carter finished with 11 points but obviously none more important than the last three that gave Dallas the 2-1 series lead. Carter's Game 3 heroics would not have been possible if not for the explosion of Monta Ellis, who had 29 points on 12-of-22 field goal shooting. His point total tied his playoff career high—12 of which came in the final quarter.
Dirk Nowitzki, who appears to have taken the backseat so far in this postseason, warned that his team got lucky in Game 3.
“We stole one,” Nowitzki, who had 18 points and 7 rebounds, said via NBA.COM. "We didn't execute quite as well as we did in the first two, especially the defensive game plan. I think Monta and Vince bailed us out a little bit the last couple of minutes with some great plays."
Samuel Dalembert had 13 points and 10 boards while Jose Calderon ended up with 16 points and 9 assists for Dallas, which trailed by 5 points with less than two minutes to go in the game.
"You have to give them credit, they are playing great. They are shooting the ball very well and they are very aggressive. Right now they are playing with a lot go confidence," said Spurs point guard Tony Parker, who finished with 19 points and 6 assists.
Tim Duncan added 22 points and 3 blocked shots while Tiago Splitter had 14 points and 13 rebounds for the defending Western Conference champions.
Watch Game 4 of the San Antonio-Dallas series via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 US Open: Down Goes Maria Sharapova, BF Grigor Dimitrov Advances
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers