PlayStation 4 Firmware Update 1.70 Confirmed for Release on 30 April; Details
By Aditya Bhat | April 29, 2014 12:00 AM EST
Sony has revealed that it will roll out a firmware update for its next-generation console PlayStation 4 on 30 April. The firmware update 1.70 will add new features like SHAREfactory, a video editor application.
PlayStation 4 Firmware 1.70 released.
"We'll be releasing a major system software update for PS4 that will add some exciting new features that many of you have been asking for," said Scott McCarthy, Director of Product Planning at PlayStation in PlayStation blog.
The new update will introduce PlayStation 4 customers to a new feature - SHAREfactory, which brings in a video editor app that will enable players to customize their gameplay videos.
SHAREfactory will allow users to add special effects with filters, transitions, themes and sharing option, when they edit the captured video clips. Additionally, users can also add text, stickers, audio tracks, music soundtracks and video commentary using the PlayStation Camera. The update will also introduce the option to switch off HDCP video signal copyright protection. This will allow users to capture the video directly from the HDMI output, letting bigger video clips be recorded and shared.
This feature will also allow users to share the videos on social media networks or save it on an external USB storage device. Users will also be able to save not only videos but also screenshots.
The update will also bring a better UI that will allow players to play the pre-ordered game a bit quicker, with the addition of auto pre-download capability which will allow the download to be activated "up to several days prior to release". This will allow players to play it immediately when the game is unlocked on the release day.
McCarthy said that many of the features that have been added have been due to the "great feedback" from fans and players, and promised that more features will be rolled out post update 1.70.
(YouTube Courtesy: PlayStation)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery