PlayStation 4 Firmware Update 1.70 Confirmed for Release on 30 April; Details
By Aditya Bhat | April 29, 2014 12:00 AM EST
Sony has revealed that it will roll out a firmware update for its next-generation console PlayStation 4 on 30 April. The firmware update 1.70 will add new features like SHAREfactory, a video editor application.
PlayStation 4 Firmware 1.70 released.
"We'll be releasing a major system software update for PS4 that will add some exciting new features that many of you have been asking for," said Scott McCarthy, Director of Product Planning at PlayStation in PlayStation blog.
The new update will introduce PlayStation 4 customers to a new feature - SHAREfactory, which brings in a video editor app that will enable players to customize their gameplay videos.
SHAREfactory will allow users to add special effects with filters, transitions, themes and sharing option, when they edit the captured video clips. Additionally, users can also add text, stickers, audio tracks, music soundtracks and video commentary using the PlayStation Camera. The update will also introduce the option to switch off HDCP video signal copyright protection. This will allow users to capture the video directly from the HDMI output, letting bigger video clips be recorded and shared.
This feature will also allow users to share the videos on social media networks or save it on an external USB storage device. Users will also be able to save not only videos but also screenshots.
The update will also bring a better UI that will allow players to play the pre-ordered game a bit quicker, with the addition of auto pre-download capability which will allow the download to be activated "up to several days prior to release". This will allow players to play it immediately when the game is unlocked on the release day.
McCarthy said that many of the features that have been added have been due to the "great feedback" from fans and players, and promised that more features will be rolled out post update 1.70.
(YouTube Courtesy: PlayStation)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales